SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am in Highschool and I had a biology teacher who said she was Christian, but believed in evolution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm going to go out on a limb here (as my supposed ape ancestors did) and say this... and remember, this is only my opinion...

One can not be a true Christian and also believe in Darwinian Evolution. Darwinian Evolution denies the existence of a Creator God, and contradicts the Bible by denying God. It considers the creation account to be a myth.

If the Genesis account of creation is a myth (otherwise known as a lie), then you have to call Jesus a liar because the Gospels refer to creation. Jesus did as well. Therefore, if Jesus, who claimed that He was the way, [b]the truth[/b] and the life promoted a lie (creation), then He is a liar. Scripture tells us there was no sin in Christ. No untruth. So if evolution is true, then the very Word of God lies.

Paul referred to Adam on several occasions to make his points about how sin entered into the picture, to explain God's order concerning men and women, etc. If we say Paul's words were inspired by the Holy Spirit... and the Holy Spirit had Paul write about a creation that didnt happen... then the Holy Spirit is a liar.

... and the whole Bible crumbles at our feet.

No, you must believe in creation or evolution. Choose you this day whom you will serve. Christ or Darwin.

And, by the way, there is [b]not one[/b] shread of scientific evidence that prooves Darwinian Evolution to be true. [b]BUT[/b] there is a plethura of scientific evidence that prooves the Biblical account of Creation to be true.

....and the earth is only 6,000 yrs old, ya'll.

Krispy

2007/3/22 12:43
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re: Macro or Micro?

Brethren,

It is important to realize that 'evolution' does indeed ocur, in the strictest sense that things do change as time goes by.

Variation within created kinds is normal... how else can you get a chihuahua (SP?) and a St. Bernard out of the same dog stock? This is known as MICROevolution, or speciation. Variety is a part of God's creation!

To say that a primordial soup of amino acids developed into a cell, which somewhow managed to divide by mitosis, then gradually develop into a multicellular organism capable of sexual reproduction... that is MACROevolution, the belief that one kind can give rise to another if given enough time.

Life depends on organization. Think about this: A mosquito is an incredibly complex flying organism, with many thousands of parts functioning in precise order... for now!

SWAT!

I just disorganized that mosquito with my flyswatter. Are all the original parts still there? Yes. Is it a living organism now? No. Why is that? The organization has been taken away.

Yet there are those who will deny Biblical revelation and commonsense logic to say that this highly complex but now disorganized mosquito [originally] developed through DISORGANIZED random processes.

Hmm... ;-)

Praise the Lord that He told us just exactly what He did, and didn't befuddle us with some cloudy, unlcear revelatory statements!

2007/3/22 13:12Profile

Re:

Krispy, here's the deal with my position. I believe the Bible is spiritually inerrant. It conveys essential truths about the Triune God that created all things and stands to judge all things at the close of time. It relates His involvement in the Hebrew race and how He offered His fallen creatures (man) a means of forgiveness and redemtion through love and His Son's pure and holy sacrifice.

The essential Truths of the Book are Love conquers all things and those who persevere will be rewarded by the Father.

these essential Truths don't need any foundation in the earth's crust, in sedimentary rock or any kind of fossils. they take Faith in Christ given for us.

if you want to continue to call me a godless heathen, go ahead, i forgive you. bub

2007/3/22 13:40
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
The essential Truths of the Book are Love conquers all things and those who persevere will be rewarded by the Father.

My mother believes this - and she's a Kabbalist. She reads the Pentateuch and Zohar every morning and night. She believes the Bible is spiritually inerrant also...but has many questions as to what is to be taken [i]literally[/i].

Adam and Eve and the serpent? Cryptic symbolism. Jonah and the fish? Symbolism. Crossing the Red Sea? Symbolism. According to her Rabbi, they all contain spiritual truths, but only allegorically. Anyone who believes they [i]actually[/i] happened is...well, a moron.

I believe one of the best ways to gauge where a person truly stands in Christ is to ascertain his/her take on the [i]literal[/i] inerrancy of scripture. If scripture is merely [i]spiritually[/i] inerrant to them, well, this can almost be like a legal term or a tricky dislaimer. Usually, if one takes the time to probe deeper, the discovery of what the person [i]truly[/i] believes can take on almost shocking proportions!

Brother Paul

2007/3/22 16:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Anyone who believes they actually happened is...well, a moron.

Oy Vey!!

2007/3/22 16:16
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

NewCovWinDor wrote:

Praise the Lord that He told us just exactly what He did, and didn't befuddle us with some cloudy, unlcear revelatory statements!

Amen!

2007/3/22 16:22Profile
taco

Re:

It rained here today. If my daughter asked her teacher what caused the rain do I think that she should answer, God did. I would have no problem with that but i would also have no problem (and would expect her) with her also giving the scientific answer.

Is that a compromise. Does the fact that we know scientificaly what causes rain in the immediate sense take from the fact that the bible says thatr God makes it to rain. Is it a compromise. Is God just a God of the gaps, the bits we can't explain? or is he the God of the whole system. Did he knit me together in my moters womb as the psalms say or was ther a biological process? Was it both-in other words was there a process that operated and then God stepped in every now and then with an intelligent design miracle. Or are they one and the same thing. Is the process not the work of God?

Are the weather systems not the work of God, and why not the evolution of life also?

2007/3/22 18:53Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Bubbaguy, how are you?

I wanted to comment upon something you mentioned here if that is alright. You said

"...these essential Truths don't need any foundation in the earth's crust, in sedimentary rock or any kind of fossils. they take Faith in Christ given for us."

I was thinking though, isn't the entrance of death into this world through the sin of Adam an essential truth of the Bible also? For instance where Paul says in Romans chapter 5,

[i]...by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned[/i]

He is linking death and sin to an historic person, who the Bible also says is in the genealogy of Christ Jesus(Luke 3:23,38). We can not believe that the Man Christ Jesus, who is also called the Last Adam, that He has a mythologoical or fictitious first ancestor, can we?

Chris

2007/3/22 18:59Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Are the weather systems not the work of God, and why not the evolution of life also

It is important to realize that weather systems are described from observable and measurable events that occur over the period of hours to weeks. Darwninian (Macro) Biological Evolution by it's very 4.5 billion year proposition is frustratingly unobservable and unmeasurable. In fact, it would be better to compare evolution with other natural philosophic systems in that has a highly defined rationality but is ultimately untestable.

So we cannot compare Climatology with Darwinism anymore then we can compare astronomy with astrology. The former is supported purely with incontrovertable data, the latter is can only be held together with controvertable philosophic pretext.

We can observe the complete cycle of water, air currents, and temperature in our world. Yet not only are the origins of life beyond observation, the mutation of one order of animal into another has never been observed...it is impossible to demonstrate or prove even with modern genetic science. You have never heard of a succesful experiement evolving a reptile into a mammal solely with reconfiguring existign reptile DNA. If it were possible by chance in nature...it would be all the more possible with intelligent modern science.

Surely the economic rewards of successful macro animal evolutionary breeding would be immense. Consider the livestock industries. Inspite of all our genetic and husbandry sciences, sheep and cattle remain fixed within narrow uncrossable boundaries.

Scientist can recreate weather conditions on a limited scale...why can't they recreate evolution?

Blessings,

MC

2007/3/22 19:10Profile
taco

Re:

Quote:
We can observe the complete cycle of water, air currents, and temperature in our world

But don't you believe that God couses the weather?

2007/3/22 19:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy