Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Getting Rid of Evil Spirits

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wsbg

Earth

Getting Rid of Evil Spirits

If someone had an evil spirit in them, and they were also a false prophet could this person be saved? I am refering to a situation such as Rev. 16:13-14. What if such a person forsook his false prophesying and tried to abandon his old ways but the spirit which he perceived to be evil that was inside of him at times would not leave? Have any of the false prophets in the Bible ever been saved? Also I'm curious about Rev. 16:13's reference to "three unclean spirits like frogs" .. in the language of the day when this letter of prophesy was written was there a name each for "frog" and "toad" or did they both use the same name? Thanks for your time in helping me figure this out. Your work is much appreciated.

Revelation 16:13-14 NASB
And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

Side note (what I know to be true and have faith in):

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (who is The Great "I am"). Jesus Christ was sent to Earth in the flesh by His Father. No one will come to "The Father" (God) but through Jesus Christ. His father is God or The Great "I am" and Jesus Christ is one with God. There is only one God, He is "Yahweh," who is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Blessed be the name of the Lord, for He is Holy, and Good, and Faithful, and Loving, and True.

2007/3/20 12:15Profile
Provost

Re: Getting Rid of Evil Spirits

First off I would say yes if one repented from being a false prophet Christ would forgive

Second I would tell you to be careful when using a verse that is not clear whether it is a descriptive or prescriptive verse.

2007/3/20 12:55Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
If someone had an evil spirit in them, and they were also a false prophet could this person be saved?

for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2Cor 6:14

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2007/3/20 13:00Profile
lovegrace

Re:

The verses in Rev. is referring to 'thee false prophet'.

With a repentant heart there is ALWAYS forgiveness.

Someone like Sadaam or that 'Juis de Christo' guy in Miami could be saved IF they had the saving faith in Jesus Christ, meaning a faith that produced repentance from dead works.

Now, 'thee false prophet' and 'thee antichrist' won't be saved. Neither will the devil. Those that are saved are those that had the saving faith in Jesus Christ, that lived like a Child of the King.

**Edit** You also asked the idea of the 'three frogs'. I believe it's a parellel to Rev. 9:18

18 A third of mankind was killed by these [b]three plagues,[/b] by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded [u]out of their mouths.[/u]

Just ask yourself four questions. In Rev. 16 what did these three 'frogs' come out of? Is that the same place where these three plagues came out of, in Rev. 9? Are these both referring to the same # of judgement, 6 (6th bowl & 6 trumpet)? Does that sound like a parellel or what?

To help you out (just in case) here are the answers.

1. Mouth
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Wow, yes. 8-)

2007/3/20 17:02Profile
wsbg

Earth

Re: Getting Rid of Evil Spirits

Provost:

Quote:
First off I would say yes if one repented from being a false prophet Christ would forgive

That is certainly good news. [b][u]Does the Bible ever show an example of a false prophet that was saved (even once)?[/b][/u]

PreachParsly:
Quote:
for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2Cor 6:14

I accept the Holy Bible as True in its whole. But I find that in this case there is the question of whether one knows whether the spirit that is in him is of God or an unclean spirit. Sometimes there can be doubt in regard to this. [b][u]Is there a way to tell if a spirit is good or not?[/b][/u] I'm familiar with the verse about testing spirits and asking them whether Jesus Christ came in the flesh to Earth. But what if the spirit is not some vocal entity but acts more like a radio simply transmitting information. I'm thinking that in such cases [b][u]people should refrain from speaking the message given to them until they can be certain that the message comes from The Holy Spirit; do any of you agree?[/b][/u]

Quote:
Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

[b][u]Could a bad tree turn into a good tree by being born again?[/b][/u] Thus, that is to say could a false prophet ever turn into a prophet for God (someone similar to Saul; though I doubt most would consider him a false prophet but more like an anti-christ personality before he became Paul). In this case we assume that the person in question made actual prophetic statements that came true with a personal disposition of being not for God while they did it.

lovegrace:
Quote:
The verses in Rev. is referring to 'thee false prophet'.The verses in Rev. is referring to 'thee false prophet'.

With a repentant heart there is ALWAYS forgiveness.

Someone like Sadaam or that 'Juis de Christo' guy in Miami could be saved IF they had the saving faith in Jesus Christ, meaning a faith that produced repentance from dead works.

Now, 'thee false prophet' and 'thee antichrist' won't be saved. Neither will the devil. Those that are saved are those that had the saving faith in Jesus Christ, that lived like a Child of the King.The verses in Rev. is referring to 'thee false prophet'.

It is certainly a good thing then that no one knows at which time Jesus Christ will come so that false prophets don't say to themselves that there is no hope in even trying to become Christian; thinking that they fit the profile of Thee false prophet.

Finally I think that I should add something wise that Dorcas has written to me. It goes as follows:

Quote:
There are many different ways a person may describe God speaking to them but they have one thing in common, which is, one is in no doubt what has been said and who it is who spoke - GOD......

In this case there is doubt as to who spoke it so I suppose the spirit is not of God. Has anyone seen any scripture verses that state the same thing which Dorcas said to me. I'm just looking for biblical foundation to the accuracy of the quote.

Thanks for your patience with me and your help.

2007/4/2 17:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy