SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feedback anyone?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
John173

Omaha

Feedback anyone?

Hey folks,

I recently finished my train of thought on the Think and Grow Rich thread. This took some time to develop as I attempted to lay a foundation without concluding anything. This method backfired and the original thread went offtrack and I subsequently got discouraged attempting to finish it. Instead I wound up responding to others posts that were bunny trails to my purpose. Eventually I let the ball drop.

Recently some newer members bumped it up with a few current posts. I had all but forgotten it but finally found my voice so to speak and completed what I had set out to say from the beginning and created a part 2 thread to bring it to your attention.

After 75 or so hits this new thread still had no responses. I realized that the subject matter in and of itself isn't much to spark a conversation over. At that time I added a post asking for feedback which read as follows:

[color=000099]Up to right now, I see that this thread has been opened 73 times, and as yet no one has commented. This is probably because I asked no question which might lead to a discussion.

Questions. Did you find any value in reading this? Do you believe this will help you to understand your brothers and sisters struggles better? Will you have more compassion and grace in your personal relationships as a result, or is this type of thing pointless?

The reason I ask is a desire to ascertain whether or not to continue bringing this subject up, including other strategems I may be aware of, to the body at all. This is not teaching The Word of God, which must be our focal point in our quest for growth etc. I can't imagine doing a teaching like this from the pulpit. Do you agree that understanding the tactics of the enemy has value? Certainly in warfare, it would be a foolish general indeed who made no effort to discover what weapons were aimed his way, or where the enemy army was positioning itself to attack. In sports, Amerian football being a good example, a coach who does not study film of his next opponent won't win too many games.

So what say ye? Is there value to the body in this? If so, when and where would be an appropriate setting to disseminate such information?

Thanks for your thoughts,[/color]

So far I still haven't had any feedback. I suspect that by the time I posted the above y'all had lost interest or rather had read it and saw no reason to revisit the thread. I'm hoping that this is the case and that I'm not being shunned or something :-)

Again, I realize the subject matter is little different from the usual fare here at SI. The thoughts expressed are ones that have been rattling around in me noggin for quite some time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Doug

2007/3/20 1:22Profile
John173

Omaha

Re: Feedback anyone?

Here's the link to the second thread. It includes relevant posts from the first thread. If you haven't read it yet but would like to, I suggest scrolling down to post #2 then back to # 1 so you can get the context.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15681&forum=35&3]Think and Grow Rich part 2[/url]

Thanks again,

Doug

2007/3/20 1:27Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I read part of the 1 and 2 post.
I like it but it was a little hard to follow
maybe cause it is late, so I will read again tommorw. But I like differnt view. YOu are reading each chapter, and writing a overveiw?
what is your hope in writing it, to give a differnt worldview right? It was good. I will
read it again tommorw. have a good day.
in his love
charlene

2007/3/20 1:54Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Have read the thread and can understand why you need some feedback.

This is the kind of topic some Christians do not want to talk about. It can be disregarded too easily.

Concerning subliminal messages, they are rampant and have been going on longer than we can imagine.

I heard an interview on the radio some years ago, it was a news item.

It was with the composer of the old Pearl and Dean tune that you would hear to introduce the movie you were going to see. I don't remember his name.

But they discussed subliminal messages during the interview.

I don't doubt satan is behind it all. He is behind everthing sordid so why not this?

Scripturally speaking, the word tells us that satan transforms himself into an angel of light
2 Cor 11v14.

Which is why I suppose it is not wise for Christians to watch t.v. Who knows what is being fed into our minds as we watch?

I don't like to bury my head in the sand when I can see the evidence before me.

Without God's help, we will achieve nothing, for without Him we can do nothing.

His help comes as we pray and seek His word, and fast and take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost.

I said the gospel of Jesus Christ, not our gospel.

Thanks for the eye opening articles.

God bless.

2007/3/20 5:57Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

The reason I read and didn't post is I know very little about the subject. I have heard of it before, however never felt lead to study it.

I have never felt lead to study the false religions either. The reason why is something I heard a long time ago about counterfiet money. When they teach someone to spot counterfiets the don't show them the fakes they saturate them with the real. When they fully understand the real they will easily see the fakes.

I have always felt if I saturate myself with Jesus my spirit will feel yucky about anything not Him. It has worked for almost thirty one years.

Having said that I hope you don't think you were ignored, I just left it to those who feel your thread was something God wanted them to pursue.

2007/3/20 8:33Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Awaken Within wrote:

Quote:
I read part of the 1 and 2 post. I like it but it was a little hard to follow
maybe cause it is late, so I will read again tommorw. But I like differnt view. YOu are reading each chapter, and writing a overveiw?
what is your hope in writing it, to give a differnt worldview right? It was good. I will
read it again tommorw. have a good day.
in his love
charlene

I didn't do the best job writing this thread, It's a bit choppy and hard to follow. The book has little to do with anything except to point out that the enemy has found a way to directly influence culture through mankinds actions. The thread therefore is not an overview of the book. I've only read enough to recognize the practice of channeling demons. I also know how popular it has been in the business world. This then leads to discussing the media of today and its impact on humanity as a whole.

Quote:
The reason I read and didn't post is I know very little about the subject. I have heard of it before, however never felt lead to study it.

I have never felt lead to study the false religions either. The reason why is something I heard a long time ago about counterfiet money. When they teach someone to spot counterfiets the don't show them the fakes they saturate them with the real. When they fully understand the real they will easily see the fakes.

I have always felt if I saturate myself with Jesus my spirit will feel yucky about anything not Him. It has worked for almost thirty one years.

Having said that I hope you don't think you were ignored, I just left it to those who feel your thread was something God wanted them to pursue.

Thanks Goldminer,
There was a time in my life when I would have taken the lack of comments personally. Through His grace I was able to see that I had just failed to communicate what I was looking for initially.

I agree that we shouldn't be spending too much time studying the devil. Our focus must be our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Still, I believe it is important to be aware of his tactics and the impact they are having on society at large as well as the impact they may have had on us individually.

The nature of the tactics I brought up (just a drop in the bucket) are to brainwash mankind. The net result is to exacerbate the sin nature we already possess.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The fact is that all of us were subject to this brainwashing prior to salvation, and many Christians continue to subject themselves to it unwittingly even after conversion. Never has the above verse been more critical. This generation has a greater need of mental "reprogramming" than any other in history.

It is important to recognize this in ourselves, to deny it is to stick your head in the sand, as Enid mentioned. It is also crucial as we minister within the body to realize that the brother or sister beside us has been impacted in the same way.

Praise the Lord He has given us a prescription to be cleansed from this icky sinfulness. "How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your Word." Amen and Amen.

Affectionately in Christ,

Doug

2007/3/20 10:22Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Enid,

I didn't mean to ignore your post, the other two just sparked my thoughts more. The use of the subliminal is a relatively new tactic as it requires our modern day technology. Four color process printing, recordable music, recordable images etc. I used the examples in the print media because those are the most recognizable. There is without doubt even more in television advertising as well as through music. Backward masking is real as well, and who knows just how much garbage is in the forward stuff. In today's music one can't even discern the lyrics with the cognitive side of our brain. Detailing all this is not so important as simply knowing of its existance.

Thanks for the feedback.

In Christ,

Doug

2007/3/20 10:39Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Doug,
It's not important for my post to be mentioned, or read, but I guess it has been.

As for subliminal messages being in music, or backward masking, do they really need it? Isn't it vile enough and perverted enough without any hidden messages?

Sounds bad enough just hearing it forwards, never mind backwards.

And I say hearing, because I don't listen to secular music, but when you go shopping and they have the radio on, that's when you hear it.

Right now churches are taking from the world to entertain church members.
Some have wooden tables, chairs, and serve beer while you listen to a 'sermon'.

There is more, but I won't mention it. God help us.

We know we have an awesome God. If the enemy is showing what he is made of, we need to seek God for Him to come down. Satan won't know what has hit him.

God is good.

God bless.

2007/3/20 11:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy