SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Andrew Murray Having begun in the Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kerrylou

Australia

Andrew Murray Having begun in the Spirit

I found it interesting that Andrew Murray was in South Africa in the Dutch Reformed Church. Why, you ask? Simply because, when I knew the Dutch Reformed Church so much of it was more interested in your money than in your salvation. In fact, a friend who came to the Lord commented that the only time his family saw them was when they knocked on their door to collect the tithes.

It is a bit sad, isn't it? But we seem to perpetrate this over, and over again. The Church becomes money focused and loses the value of its people.

May God help me never to value people in dollars and cents.

Love,

Kerry

2007/3/19 4:27Profile
free2bee63

Re: Andrew Murray Having begun in the Spirit

The funniest example of this I have ever seen is Dr. Gene Scott in California, USA.

Sometimes, he would be teaching something over a broadcast, and stop dead in his tracks. He would tell people to "get on the phone" and call in. People were supposed to call in and commit to tithing to his ministry.

Whenever I hear him speak, I start cracking up because it's so funny.

2007/3/19 12:26Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Quote:
The funniest example of this I have ever seen is Dr. Gene Scott in California, USA.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in eons! Is he still around? I had a good friend move from San Francisco to LA just to go to his church. Have you ever heard him teach about the pyramids? Interesting is a word that works. What it has to do with growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ I can't quite fathom. He is a good example of the intellect run amok.

Regards,

Doug

2007/3/19 12:41Profile
free2bee63

Re:

Dr. Scott passed away a few years ago, and now his wife is pastoring the church. They still have a 24 hour broadcast you can listen to on the website. I have heard him teach a little bit on the pyramids. It can be a little helpful for college students.

I sit in a 90 minute long Geology class at a state school, and all the things taught to me go against traditional Christian belief. The thing about the pyramids is interesting because it goes against traditional Christian belief but not against the Bible.

The one good thing I actually got from him though, is my personal goal to learn some Hebrew and Greek.

A guy at my church encouraged me to start with an amplified Bible, so I'm going to start with that.

2007/3/19 12:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy