SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : One Person Communion Kits?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Thanks for the response and clarification, Koheleth. I guess it was the comment about not living in a Muslim country that threw me, it was hard to understand your point.

I know what you mean about these forums! You happen to be speaking with the [i]king[/i] of miscommunications and botched posts! I am notoriously known for misplacing tenor, and I am constantly learning and growing.

Our God's blessings be upon you,

Brother Paul

2007/3/20 1:15Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: One Person Communion Kits?

I take communion all by myself at home with a small glass with a communion size amount of grape juice and a cracker. It is an awesome time with the Lord for me. Also I have a tiny little bottle that was formerly a tabasco bottle, about two inches tall, I washed it and filled it with olive oil and asked God's blessing on it. I feel God is just as pleased with these things as He would be if I had manufactured ones. It is the heart that counts.

:-)

2007/3/20 8:26Profile

Re:

They have communion kits for 1 at Krogers, Ingles, Food Lion, etc... all the major grocery stores. Even convenience stores. Anywhere you can buy some bread, dixie cups and some juice (or wine if you prefer).

I'm not poking fun at the question... just trying to show that we dont need "kits" to commune with the Lord. We want to complicate things, but God wants to simplify things for us.

If your search for a "communion kit for one" is preventing you from communing with the Lord... perhaps you should look inside and see if perhaps you need to be more focussed on Him.

:-)

Krispy

2007/3/20 8:55

Re:

This question kinda reminds me of people who think that in order for a person to get baptized they have to go find an ordained pastor. Why? Where do we get these ideas from? Not from the Bible, I can assure you that.

If you lead someone to the Lord, and they want to get baptized, and there is a water fountain nearby or a river... dont wait to find someone else to do it... dunk 'em yourself! If you're saved you're a priest and a king.

We're not Catholics folks... we dont need a mediator between God and man other than the one scripture says we have... Jesus Christ.

Krispy

2007/3/20 9:31

Re: One Person Communion Kits?

Krispy,

Quote:
If your search for a "communion kit for one" is preventing you from communing with the Lord... perhaps you should look inside and see if perhaps you need to be more focussed on Him.

This is uncalled for Krispy. You answered my post but like always you have to add to it. what i don't need is your commentary or sarcasm.

Just leave it alone and let this thread die. Your remarks to me were very painful. I'm done with it!

Brother Julian

2007/3/20 9:42
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Julian, I understand your frustration, but to expect to post something on this forum without recieving the full spectrum of theological and doctrinal commentary and a pinch of sarcasm is a gross mistake.

This forum is largely for people to argue and voice their opinions over such matters. I know this is not the intended aim of the Forum (sorry Greg), but it just happens to be the way things are.

2007/3/20 10:21Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: the way things are

The way things are may not always be correct. Kindness and mercy must accompany our words. Love will cause us to speak carefully so as not to wound, especially when someone is just looking to do something that pleases God, no matter what vessel they may choose to use.

2007/3/20 10:32Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
This forum is largely for people to argue

No, it's not. Is this really the purpose you see for these forums? Whatever happened to edification? For exalting Jesus? For discussing and promoting a spirit of revival in God's children?

It is precisely because of this "argumentative" and "opinionated" spirit, that many strong posters are otherwise grieved and dissuaded from posting. It must be very disheartening for Julian to read some of these responses. All the brother wanted was info on a personal communion kit. He wasn't looking to purchase a crystal ball or tarot cards. What is so difficult about supporting his wishes and not riddling him with pessimistic rhetoric that will ultimately dissuade yet another person from continuing to post and grow in these forums? Why can't we just be a means of support, and then commend the brother into the hands of God for any correction?

Quote:
I know this is not the intended aim of the Forum (sorry Greg), but it just happens to be the way things are.

Dear brother, just because it's the way things are, it doesn't mean we become accomplices by resigning ourselves to it. We should rather decry it, avoid it, we should show a better example!

I pray this admonition be received graciously; I had no one person in mind when I typed it.

Brother Paul

2007/3/20 10:34Profile

Re:

Brother Julian,

Although, your intent may be pure and rational to you, I feel that you have taken many of the suggestions to heart.

IF you would have explained a little more of your situation, the brethen MAY have been a little less blunt with their truths.

You on the other hand, asked a basic question, which can be read many ways and if you are going to blame Krispy or make sarcastic remarks to vico, then I think you should take more of your own advice.

Quote:

JulianSims wrote:

This is uncalled for Krispy. You answered my post but like always you have to add to it. what i don't need is your commentary or sarcasm.

Just leave it alone and let this thread die. Your remarks to me were very painful. I'm done with it!

Brother Julian

You situation may require you to take communion alone, however, your assumtions about the basic answer to your question began to make an ... 'ASS out of U and ME(them)'.

If you don't need added on responses, commentary, and/or sarcasm, one must be more detailed amd poignant, because although you said Krispy is 'always'... I see that you only joined SI this year, so you probably have no basis to make those comment yourself.

A personal message to him would have been sufficient, especially since you said that you were 'done with it'. However, 'the last word' usually does not end in rants, rather resolve.

If you were to take their advice and do what some others did then you would have what you need and save yourself some money. Other than that, be a little more open to the advice and then take what you need, leaving the rest 'to die with the thread'.

I truly hope that you get what you are looking for. One will learn quickly that a simple question rarely has a simple answer, especially with so many personalities from different parts of the world. Take that into consideration when you start pointing fingers at the posts that you read, seeing that it could very well be partially your own fault.

God Bless those that are united in Jesus,
Brian

2007/3/20 10:35

Re:

iansmith, Goldminer and PaulWest replied while I was writing my post. I do not agree that this form is for arguing, but I do believe in this case more information would have caused less of an argument.

2007/3/20 10:41

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy