SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dominion Theology?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Dominion Theology?

Was just reading this article and thought I would put up the link:

"Dominion theology is a Utopian ideal.
It is a belief that this world can, and must, be conquered for Christ by militant action undertaken by the Christian Church. To get a good sense of what is happening in the established Church today see the article Dominionism and the rise of Christian Imperialism by Sarah Leslie".

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/sarah-leslie/dominionism.htm

What think ye?

2007/3/17 15:44Profile
Pilgrimsway

Lawton, OK

Re: Dominion Theology?

While many people disagree with him, Hal Lindsey wrote a pretty decent book about dominion theology called "The Road to Holocaust." He shows how Dominion Theology is based on erroneous interpretation.

2007/3/17 16:14Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Yeah, I got some history tapes that I didn't know had dominion theology in them and was I surprised.

They said the Pilgrims had dominion over the pagan Indians and therefore had the right to kill them and take their land. :-o

Jordan

2007/3/17 21:39Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Dominion Theology?

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
"Dominion theology is a Utopian ideal.
It is a belief that this world can, and must, be conquered for Christ by militant action undertaken by the Christian Church.
What think ye?

I first heard about this teaching being broadcasted through the Miracle Channel here in Canada, and by Myles Munroe's church in the Bahamas.
We know Jesus said, "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth", in Matthew 5:5. In Matthew 5:3 the Christ also states clearly that, "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." These verses also compliment what David wrote in Psalm 37:11 whan he said, "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
I see this "militant" type of "christedom" to be more militant in spirit than in the physical realm. I believe this kind of teaching is a type of "anti-cross" or anti-christ in nature, masquerading itself as of being of God, but is not.
This teaching is becoming widely accepted in the steeplehouses of today and is gaining favor all over the world.
The Miracle Channel actually holds "Dominion" conferences.

An undeserving brother,
richie

2007/3/18 2:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy