SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Soul Ties.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Soul Ties.

Good morning, brothers and sisters, I am curious about something that I've recently been made aware of - soul ties and the importance of severing them through prayer & supplication. Is there any biblical basis that anyone knows about that would support this methodology? I am going to do some research myself on this but would appreciate any feedback that anyone may have.

Blessings to all!

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/17 12:06Profile
ontheway

Re: Soul Ties.

I thought a 'soul tie' was something men wore to an Aretha Franklin concert.

(I know it's a serious question but it's late and I couldn't resist)

ontheway

2007/3/17 13:50Profile
psalm1

hi mom23,I have also heard this term used before and have also used it myself. I believe it is in reference to adultery. But not sure.Something really weird happens after adultery.humans are extremely complex.Emotions,psychae,the human spirit,the garbage we take in[intentional or not], and probably many things more,take their toll on us.I believe it was Finney who said"the Holy Spirit needs to run a plow through the believer every so often".Anyway my point is-I dont know but i personally beiieve it is connected to strongholds.So you might want to do a study on strongholds.All this is strictly my opinion and would love to hear the outcome of your study.Ilove to hear people talk,and I do value others opinions,and have learned much from this forum.......God bless,David Oh, one more thing- I also suspect Soul Tie could be a good thing..... such as love for your spouse or a beloved pet

2007/3/18 10:24Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Dear Mom23,

I have heard a bit about sole ties, and even if there isn't a scripture to point to there is a principle about it.

When we have multiple partners in life we leave a little piece of ourself with each one. We lose something of ourselves that was meant to go to just one person we marry.

It also cause either a hole or a scar when the relationship disolves. These need filled and healed by Jesus.

This is why the first church I attended espoused the book " Kiss Dating Goodbye". It was taught that if you go from relationship to relationship you hurt or are hurt and it is akin to practicing marriage. It doesn't even have to be physical, just emotional attachments. Doing this leaves shipwrecks all over the place.

The point was that if we seek God and follow hard after Him He will reveal who our marriage partner should in due time. We don't have to experiment and break hearts. I think it is a good word.

I think when it goes beyond emotional into the physical is where the soul tie idea comes in. Whoever you are joined to becomes one flesh with you and a bond is forged. When coming to Christ and maybe beyond to a marriage relationship these ties need to be broken.

I feel that this can be done this minute. Ask forgiveness for sin and ask Jesus to apply His blood to your life and ask that any remaining ties be broken. There are signs if an attachment to someone remains. Can you think of that person without any ill feelings? Can you pray for them and really want the best (Jesus) for them?

The thing to be careful of is not to get all caught up into morbid introspection. When we accept Jesus and are baptised we go into that watery grave and come up to walk in newness of life. Old things are passed away and behold all things are new. At that moment ask that every tie with the past be broken. It is. Now reckon yourself to be dead to the past and it will be manifest in newness of life. Glory to God, how can it be any better than that!

2007/3/18 10:54Profile
john1140

A Sister in Christ from Michigan

Re:

:lol:

2007/3/20 14:51Profile
john1140

A Sister in Christ from Michigan

I think the idea of soul ties rests heavily on the premise that Christians can be demonized or there are such things as Christian curses after we have been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. There are no instances in the Bible where a true follower of Christ has a demon cast out. We can be oppressed, depressed, but not possessed by the enemy.

There is a lot of information online, just type in soul ties. Take it with a grain of salt and always check the info against the Word. The Bible says that if we are in Chriist we are new creatures old things are passed away and all things have become new. Unless we are still in a sinning state, I wonder how we can be connected to any sins of our past. Just a thought..

2007/3/20 14:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy