SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Checklist for personal revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JaySaved

Kentucky

Checklist for personal revival

I am teaching this Sunday and I wanted to share the following because it is convicting to me and I have always heard and agree that Revival begins with ourselves.

Lesson on 1 Timothy 3:1-16:

Pastor’s have an enormous responsibility and much is required of them, but I bring these verses to you—not to tell you about what it takes to be a Pastor—but to show you what the Christians life should resemble. Let’s look at some of these ‘qualifications’ in more detail and I want you to apply them to yourself:
1. Above Reproach
Is your character and speech wholesome so that Godly men are women have no reason to disapprove?

2. Sober-minded and Self-Controlled
Are you able to control your own behavior, especially in terms of reactions and impulses? Are you engaging in any activity that is dangerous or harmful to yourself or others?

3. Respectable
Do you speak, act, and dress in accordance with the accepted standards of correctness and decency explicitly stated in the Bible?

4. Hospitable
Are you kind and generous to people you meet? Do you share what is yours with others?

5. Not a drunkard
Are you under 21 and drinking any alcohol? Are you 21 and over and getting drunk?

6. Not violent, quick-tempered or quarrelsome
Are you easily angered? Are you always looking for a fight?

7. Gentle
Are you patient and gentle with those around you?

8. Not a lover of money
Are you greedy? Does you mood change depending upon how much money is in the bank?

9. Well thought of by others (outside the church).
There will always be people who do not like you, but when people speak of you, are they correct when they accuse you of wrong?

10. Not arrogant (Titus 1:7)
Do you consider yourself to be the most important person in your life? Are you always trying to make sure your own needs are met before the needs of others?

11. Lover of good (Titus 1:8)
Do you enjoy things that are “true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, anything worthy of praise?” Do you enjoy things that are—according to scripture—evil?

12. Upright (Titus 1:8)
Do you behave in an honorable manner?

13. Holy (Titus 1:8)
Do others see Jesus in you?

Also for the men who are married, 1 Peter 3:7 says, "Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered."

Are you?

1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Do you?

2007/3/16 15:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy