SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : MIXING TRUTH WITH ERROR IS TO BE UNFAITHFUL TO GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Goldie... yes and no. All I'm trying to say is that the old saying "eat the meat and spit out the bones" is unscriptural. I have seen people on this forum say that such and such a preacher has some really good things to say... even tho they may be completely WOF in their doctrine.

We are not commanded in scripture to attend these people's conferences, read their books or watch their tacky TV shows. We are commanded to mark and avoid them.

We are not to mix truth and error.

I think Pastor Ironside was right on, and very clear... and how we got to where we are in this conversation is a mystery to me. I would recommend that everyone review the original post and base your comments on that post.

I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the original post... not get into an argument about Jim Jones... or have every word I write get scrutinized as tho someone is searching for me to say something I'm not.

There is a really wierd spirit about this forum today. Is it the rain? Maybe I'll just log out and try again tomorrow.

Krispy

2007/3/16 11:58
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: MIXING TRUTH WITH ERROR IS TO BE UNFAITHFUL TO GOD

On the other post about strong correction, it is needed in private at first and then in front of the church if someone doesn't renounce their error (sin).

I have witnessed this sort of excommunication in front of the church and it was done with the deepest grief, the door left open if repentance comes.

If a person is in error we need to point out the error with meekness and kindness entreating them to see. I know this is a public forum but we do have pm.

Each of us has our particular field of truth to preserve. For some it is standing for truth in the prophetic, or the way to salvation. My particular soap boxes are love and mercy and the prosperity doctrine.

I can stand for truth in these areas and share back and forth with those who espouse differing views without hating them or writing them off as a brother. I will speak what I believe and try to share more times to bring correction, but after that I commend them to God. I do not take offense at what they say even if they call me "Goldie". :-)

It is really important if someone is in error repeatedly to clearly point out that error with scriptures backing it up and not leave it out there in the unknown zone. Specifically state this word is in error and why.

My repungance for the prosperity doctrine causes me to not buy books or watch TV progams they speak on. I do not correct them because I have no personal contact with them. I have on a number of occasions carefully brought the word on this issue to my pastors. I spoke it with respect and love to the best of my ability. One cast me out and one still loves me. I certainly do not take everything hook, line and sinker. I weigh everything according to the word, but I still love the one in error.

[color=0000CC]Rom 12:9 [Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.[/color]

[color=0000CC]1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any [man]; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all [men].[/color]

[color=0000CC]1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.[/color]

People get off into error when they think they have something to say about everything. If I have a revelation of love in my spirit and I decide to talk about end-time events I am out of my place. If I try to speak about what I don't know I get off into error. I would consider this foolishness and not necessarily that I was a false brother.

My point is I can listen to what __________ says about church history and learn a lot, but if he gets off into love and has no revelation of love he might be off a bit. That does not change the fact that his history lesson was right on.

How do we discern who is repeatedly in error. Just because someone says so isn't good enough. We have to search out what is said in the light of scripture and bring that to the forefront showing the basis for our verdict.

Case in point: When my church excommunicated a elder, previously they went to him and said you need to repent of committing adultry, declaring the word of God to him. He didn't repent. They went again, to give every opportunity to repent, he didn't. Then they brought it before the church with sadness, speaking God's word on that situation so the fellowship knew the reason for breaking fellowship with him and then told the people not to eat or fellowship with him until repentance came. No one was left to guess just what error they were refering to. Ultimately he did repent an was restored to fellowship.

I think Krispy, I understood what you were asking pretty clearly. My only reason for saying what I said is that there is a difference between a shyster who is trying to fleece the sheep and someone with a heart for God that still lacks understanding in certain areas. And we may not understand ourselves what is being shared, the blind spot may be in us. Only God knows the heart and it will have a big bearing on His judgment in that day.

2007/3/16 12:13Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Krispy I see what you are getting at and I agree that if someone is into sloppy agape or the bless me gospel I don't seek them out. I agree entirely.

My only point is that seeing as you mentioned this forum I thought you were speaking of posts on this forum and therefore said what I said.

I don't want to be tedious but if some poster is in error, even more than once, I don't want someone to say he is a heretic and a false brother, prophet, etc. Especially because a google search says so. I want the word.

I want them to say Goldminer said this, it goes against this scripture, therefore I am sending forth this correction.

Having shared the Ironside word. I agree with what was said too. However do you really think every word Ironside wrote or spoke is correct? That is the problem I have with what was written, without a disclaimer that we all know in part. I don't claim to have the handle on anything. About the time we think we have the last word, God will show us our error.

Also most who speak in error don't know they are in error until someone points out the scriptures to prove it.

2007/3/16 12:28Profile

Hi everyone

The problem seems to be how to distinguish real, serious error with mere differences of opinion - especially in interpreting Scripture.

Someone pointed out that the [i]attitude[/i] of the person is a vital thing.

If we are walking in humility we will be willing to be corrected.

If we are walking in Truth we will stand firm against lies.

If we are walking in Love we will love those who (often sincerely) believe or even propagate, lies, and seek to correct them in love and humility.

...There is an antidote to eating small doses of physical poison, that many animals take if they eat plants that use poison as a defence. They daily seek out places where there is a certain type of clay (kaolin) and eat quantities of it. This absorbs any poison they may have swallowed with their food.

They also don't eat too much of any one plant or fruit, (each has its own poison, different from others) so that they avoid too much of the same kind of poison.

I don't know what the spiritual equivalent of the clay is, but I'm sure this is a parable!

Re not "eating" too much of any one kind, it is good to hear a range of preachers (I'm not advocating "church hopping"!) with different views on various doctrines. The errors would then tend to cancel each other out.

Best of all, if perplexed about a particular teaching, search the Word and (especially) ask the Lord about it.

in Him

jeannette

2007/3/16 12:30
psalm1

Re:

hi Krispy , Ihave some thoughts on healing but am unsure what you are refering to.Are you refering to the Word Of Faith Movement? I too have some issues with them. thanks ,David

2007/3/16 12:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
Re not "eating" too much of any one kind, it is good to hear a range of preachers (I'm not advocating "church hopping"!) with different views on various doctrines. The errors would then tend to cancel each other out.

This Forum is good for that too, as we disagree on so many things, and often have to re-examine what we believe on a certain subject, and why we believe it.

Blessings

jeannette

2007/3/16 12:36

Re:

Psalm1... yes, that would be WOF I was referring to.

Krispy

2007/3/16 13:06

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy