SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Help with video transfer, instructions?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougkristen

Help with video transfer, instructions?

Does anyone have instructions and tool that they use to convert video tapes to digital format? Thanks!

2004/3/17 13:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Help with video transfer, instructions?

Quote:
Does anyone have instructions and tool that they use to convert video tapes to digital format? Thanks!

Hi Doug, I have being doing this for alittle while on SermonIndex, and have found a good easy solution to do it with minimal computer hardware strength to make videos for internet usuage. What are you going to use the digital videos for? Internet (lowerquality) or DVD (higherquality).

If you are looking to convert from a DV cam to the computer or the VHS tape to the computer considering getting this hardware:
ADVC-100
[url=http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-100/p m_advc-100.asp ]http://www.canopus.com/US/products/advc-100/p m_advc-100.asp [/url]

I just bought a PCI firewire card for $28CAN and the ADVC box works and does all the hard work and just sends the video and audio through the firewire where even on my cheapo celeron machine I can capture the video. This product is abit expensive but will suffice if you don't want to buy a new super computer for video capture.

The software I am using to record the video into the computer is the standard software that comes with windows XP: 'Windows Movie Maker'. Its very simple and works great! and outputs to the .wmv format which really works well on the web. the medium quality setting ISDN (128kps) gives about a 40mb file for 60 minutes of video. and the size is 320x240 which is nice to watch and can even been increased to fullscreen and still look reasonable!

2004/3/17 14:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy