SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Any Brother who says he is without Sin is a What?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Blunt

Any Brother who says he is without Sin is a What?

"HE is faithful to complete the Work HE has begun in you ."......

I am confused about some of the positional truths in the epistles will someone educate me ? I have been to Bible school that made me academic. I have asked church leaders and they are confrontive or clueless. Where are the fathers in the faith to disciple and encourage? . Is it OK to come to the conclusion that we just dont Know?....It drives me to read my bible and pray everyday..Is this a generation of the Blind leading the Blind? I have heard alot about these topics from Godly people but they all have something different to say.I can see the fruit in all of thier lives but they all interpret these differently.I was raised Baptist,recommited my life at a calvinistic church ,went to a fundemental baptist seminary and I know serve at a Calvary Chapel (pentecostal).I have grown in my walk with Jesus thru them all.Trust me it was and is a Breaking process.My question is can a believer really live a completely "SET APART " Life and still sin? I know Pauls struggle," Revenhill once siad to my father in law that "if you "deep down" WANT to Love Jesus More then you do now then you are Saved." I am young and seeking Godly counsel if your not walking with Jesus please do not confuse the Issue with many Idle words.The truth is if you cant teach it to where a child can understand you most likely dont know what your saying.

Great.Sorry I am new to this.

2007/3/15 15:18Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Any Brother who says he is without Sin is a What?

Any brother who says he is without sin is a sinner... that's in 1 John.

He is faithful to complete the work He has begun in you... I think the main question for American Christians is 'has {He} begun a work in you?'

I've been listening to a lot of Paul Washer recently, there are nearly 100 of his sermons on this site. He's in his prime now, he spent years as a missionary in Peru, and around the world.

If you like Leonard Ravenhill then you'll like brother Washer, he sat at the feet of Ravenhill, he reads his bible for the answers... he yearns to be closer to God -but is bluntly frank about his sin and how far we are from the way God wants us to be.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=442] Paul Washer Sermons[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12877&commentView=itemComments]What's Wrong With American Christianity[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12878&commentView=itemComments]What is the Grace of the Gospel?[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12879&commentView=itemComments]How Can You Have Assurance?[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12880&commentView=itemComments]The Holiness of God[/url]
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=12881&commentView=itemComments]Practical Holiness[/url]

Plus besides his affinity for Leonard Ravenhill, Paul also has a strong affinity of Keith Green and AW Tozer... and he's a Southern Baptist, and a missionary = currently my favorite preacher.

2007/3/15 15:56Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Ian, how do you fill in this blank?

Anyone who says that the blood of Christ cleanses them from [b]all[/b] sin is a _____.

2007/3/15 16:07Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi Blunt,

Quote:
I am young and seeking Godly counsel if your not walking with Jesus please do not confuse the Issue with many Idle words.The truth is if you cant teach it to where a child can understand you most likely dont know what your saying.

My simple advice would be- strive to walk in the Spirit that you may be like Jesus Christ. This is all the holiness you and I can ever possibly hope to attain. Anything else is earthly at best and demonic at worst. It is not about a lot of the silly things we often think it is that puffs one up against another in the name of humility. It is simply being like Jesus.

As far as you are from Jesus Christ is as far as you are from perfection. He is the 'Canon'- He is the measuring rule. Not Finney, No Moody, Not Ravenhill, Not Edwards, Poonen or any of these people as wonderful as their testimonies may have been. It is Jesus Christ [i]alone[/i]. We have to drill that into our heads or we will seek some holiness out in 'lah lah' land some place that has no biblical precedent whatsoever; a grasping after the wind. Yet, the fruit of the Spirit in harmony- that is Holiness. Like light into a prism breaks out from white to colors so also is holiness into the fruit of the Spirit. We need to be FULL of the Holy Ghost and walk in the Spirit. That is what we are called to do.

God Bless,

-Robert

2007/3/15 16:07Profile
Blunt

Re:

Right on. Jesus did say Strive to enter thru the Narrow gate, But Heb 4 says for me to rest. So do I strive to rest?

2007/3/15 16:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Welcome Blunt,

I believe you have come to the right place.

Quote:
Is it OK to come to the conclusion that we just dont Know?....

In many instances ... would encourage it! In many others it is only a matter of time if we are in diligent pursuit that we find this, Leonard Ravenhill expressed as much toward the end of his life in the proverbial [i]The more I know the more I realize how much I do not know[/i](Paraphrased).

But more specifically, the 'positional truth's' are often discussed here in great length and great breadth, many sermons of a variety of perspective and articles as well. All that may either add to the confusion or be a great blessing to glean from, pray it is the later.
Quote:
I have grown in my walk with Jesus thru them all.

Sounds like you are welcoming towards that, to grow.

Quote:
My question is can a believer really live a completely "SET APART " Life and still sin?

If I may turn it around a bit ...
Can we live [i]today[/i] completely set apart?

Where I think we cause ourselves more undo harm and have already been rebuked for it is in;

[i]Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.[/i]

Casting off to the future by worries and anxiety, even whether or not we 'can' or will 'sin' in the future ... Today is enough of it's own trouble and today is enough of an opportunity to walk after the spirit.

2007/3/15 16:16Profile
Blunt

Re:

Good word !
Thanks for the encouragement.

It sounds like you guys have learned to listen ,trust me its refreshing.

2007/3/15 16:26Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Parsly,

John 1:8-10

Quote:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I'm not a big fan of 'Christian Perfection.' Since this is a thread for encourating our new friend here, let's stick away from arguing a topic like this in front of him.

2007/3/15 16:29Profile
vico

Quote:
I have heard alot about these topics from Godly people but they all have something different to say.I can see the fruit in all of thier lives but they all interpret these differently.

"somebody hits me on the back and says 'Hold on brother.' somebody else comes and says, 'Let go brother.' I don't know what it's all about!!??"
~Old Jerry (Leonard Ravenhill - Accountability with God Pt1)

2007/3/15 16:45Profile
maizie

Re: Any Brother

Years ago my phone was disconnected. The Holy Spirit told me to leave it off and learn to listen to him. I couldn't call my friends and therefore couldn't hear the six or seven counsel me with their wisdom. I would spend hours reading my bible and praying. I was basically handfed by the Spirit in the bible which is God's word. I was hugely blessed by this,beyond measure, running down you might say.

2007/3/15 17:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy