SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bible college

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I would like to mention that at the last “meeting of the ministers” association meeting I attended there were 34 ministers present. 32 ordained and 2 licensed. Only 2 of them had a Bible College education, both of them are over 65 years of age.

2007/3/14 19:19Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Bible college

Quote:

The fact is, I can find no biblical basis for bible colleges or seminaries

Paul taught in the School of Tyrannaus. Bible college is simply teachers teaching. And teaching is Biblical. What's it matter where the Word of God is taught at? Sunday school isn't anywhere in the Bible. Your pastor standing before the congregation week after week isn't taught anywhere in the Bible either.

2007/3/14 22:10Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

King Jimmy,

There is nothing wrong with attending a good bible college and getting grounded in the Word. The problem lies in the [i]fact[/i] that there are thousands of men preaching God's Word today that are, contrary to God's Word, leaning on [i]their own[/i] understanding. In other words, they are trusting in their education and not in the Holy Spirit's annointing, and so are their flocks. This is [i]one[/i] of the major reasons we have such dead churches.

The biblical pattern however is to get educated in the Word by studying it carefully and trusting Jesus promise that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth. When men have followed this pattern they tend to be very good at what they do, which is to preach the word with power, authority and personal conviction.

Blessings to all,

Doug

PS: Great comments from everyone!

2007/3/14 22:48Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Doug that is so true!!
I have seen this first hand. It makes me so sad.
I have seen young pastors becoming so pridful and bosting in their education. WE need to see, education is good, but is only powerful with the Holy Spirit.
In his love
cahrlene

2007/3/14 23:08Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
The problem lies in the fact that there are thousands of men preaching God's Word today that are, contrary to God's Word, leaning on their own understanding.

Many are doing this that have not attended college. Education is not the problem, lack of reliance on the Holy Spirit is.

Quote:
The biblical pattern however is to get educated in the Word by studying it carefully and trusting Jesus promise that the Holy Spirit will lead us into all truth.

Timothy also had Paul to help in his education, and Paul also used materials other than scripture. Once again, education is not the problem; reliance on self in using said knowledge is.

They lack unction.

2007/3/14 23:14Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I have seen young pastors becoming so pridful and bosting in their education.

There are plenty of older ones doing this as well. The young ones have no monopoly on self reliance and pride.

2007/3/14 23:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
. What's it matter where the Word of God is taught at? Sunday school isn't anywhere in the Bible.

It matters when a preacher ends up in debt because of his education - by the time he's got a degree in hand he's already compromised with the world because "ye cannot serve God and mammon".

2007/3/15 3:08
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
It matters when a preacher ends up in debt because of his education - by the time he's got a degree in hand he's already compromised with the world because "ye cannot serve God and mammon".

Debt equals compromise?

Is this only educational debt?

What about mortgage, and transportation debt?

Are these compromises with the world too?

2007/3/15 7:46Profile

Re:

tjsevant said

Quote:
Debt equals compromise?
Is this only educational debt?
What about mortgage, and transportation debt? Are these compromises with the world too?

Yes. No. Yes. Yes. It's either God or debt. Please read all the quotes.

"Be not thou [one] of them that strike hands, [or] of them that are sureties for debts." (Pr 22:26)

"If thou lend money to my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury." (Ex 22:25)

" Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury." (De 23:19)

"For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (Revelation 18:3, 5)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits." (Sir Josiah Stamp Pres. of the Bank of England [1920's]. 2nd richest man in England.)

"I see in the future a crisis approaching that unnerves me, and causes me to tremble for the safety of our country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the public is destroyed." (Abraham Lincoln)

"History shows that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit and violent means possible to maintain control over governments by controlling the money and the issuance of it."17 "This (Federal Reserve) Act establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the president signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized. The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed. The trust will soon realize that they have gone to far even for their own good. The people must make a declaration of independence to relieve themselves from the Monetary Power." 18 "The world has always been betrayed not by scoundrels but by decent men with bad ideas." (Sidney Harris)

"... 100% of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal Debt ... all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services taxpayers expect from government" (1984 Grace Commission report submitted to President Ronald Reagan)

2007/3/15 13:34
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

What constitutes "debt?"

Does it mean "owning somone?" Should we always pay for a meal before we eat it? Is it sinful if we don't pay for a meal before we eat it?

2007/3/15 14:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy