SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dino's

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lovegrace

Dino's

Awesome! I was just simply gonna ask about Dino's and I looked on SI and it has some material on it, Praise God!!!

But, I'm still gonna ask the question.

How do Dino's line up with SCIENTIFIC fact?

Please, keep in mind, the reader (me!), isn't too bright. I won't understand greek or the scientific jargon. So PLEASE.....use your scientific jargon but DUMB IT DOWN for me.

Thanks.

2007/3/13 17:02Profile
jordanamo

Re: Dino's

What?! I don't know what you're asking. They line up with "scientific fact" insofar as there are fossils, aka. bones, of these "reptiles" in the ground.

What do you want to know? About Dinosaurs and their place in history? I honestly don't know. Most "creationists" propose they were around before the flood, and thus the flood made them "fossilized" or whatever. I don't know. Imagining velicoraptors roaming around with man is hard to imagine. Some think God put all those fossils there to "test" us-- nonsense, I would suppose.

So, I don't really know. The Bible doesn't tell us much about them or their place in the plan of God.

Why even create the dinosaurs? It seems absurd almost. What were God's thoughts upon doing so? Most of the animals around now I can see why, but, dinosaurs? Their huge! Hah.

Jordan

2007/3/13 17:27Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Maybe, they are God's response to the Fall. This isn't mentioned in the Bible, but it is something to think of. He cursed the ground and presumably the animals etc., and Man. . .

What if somehow Dinosaurs started roaming the Earth then? Like, as a response to the Fall, Dinosaurs came about. They are pretty nasty animals insofar as what they are capable of. And they would make Man pretty tremble-some and weary-some.. knowing all these reptile-animals are roaming around. I'm sure God was able to keep them safe from them, but just so they could live in remembrance maybe of what happened with Adam.

And with the Flood, God wanted to start back clean with what was originally there insofar as animals, before the Fall.

Haven't heard this expounded upon, but seems logical to me. Anyone else got any ideas?

Jordan

2007/3/13 17:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Have you checked out this site? http://www.icr.org/articles/

This is the website for Institute for Creation Research. They have a ton of interesting articles to read....have fun!

ginnyrose

2007/3/13 22:24Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: dinosaurs

Also, here is an [i][color=990000]excellent[/color][/i] article explaining all kinds of stuff about dinosaurs. And it's so much more logical-sounding than anything I ever heard in secular science classes. . .
"How do dinosaurs fit in the Bible?" by Ken Ham (of Answers in Genesis):
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/2.asp

2007/3/14 0:13Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Quote:

lovegrace wrote:

How do Dino's line up with SCIENTIFIC fact?

Not sure what you what to know, but here's some verses that talk about dinosaurs.

"Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares." - Job 40:15-24

Don't let people tell you that the behemoth is a hippo or elephant. Just look at the verse about his tail, I have yet to see a hippo or elephant with a tail like that. :-D

Jordan

2007/3/14 15:08Profile
polo247uk

Princes Risborough, England

Re:

I found Kent Hovind very good and easy to follow
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=337

2007/3/14 16:04Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Dinosaurs were created with all the other animals during the first six days. Behemoth and Leviathan, from the book of Job clearly fall into this category of today's dinosaur.

You may hear that Job is a parable, but Ezekiel clearly shows that Job, along with Daniel and Noah, was a true to life man:

Ezekiel 14:

13a:Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it

14: Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

18a: Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD

20a: Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD

...interesting is that all three men; Job, Daniel, and Noah, all saw dinosaurs with their own eyes:

---NOAH---
Gen 6:18-19 thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee. And of every living thing of all flesh

---JOB---
Job 40:15a Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee
Job 41:1a Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook?

---DANIEL---
non-canonical book of Bel and the Dragon 26-27 But give me leave, O king, and I shall slay this dragon without sword or staff. The king said, I give thee leave. Then Daniel took pitch, and fat, and hair, and did seethe them together, and made lumps thereof: this he put in the dragon's mouth, and so the dragon burst in sunder : and Daniel said, Lo, these are the gods ye worship.

2007/3/15 22:12Profile
jordanamo

Re:

I'm still having a hard time imagining people co-existing with dinosaurs.

Sure, we've "co-existed" with animals such as lions, tigers, and bears (oh my! hehe) but those are nothing compared to dinosaurs.

All I've seen are scripture references... no discussion on the actual implications of dinosaurs having co-existed with man.

So, does anyone care to offer some "insight" into this seemingly absurd notion? Why did God even create such abnormal, disproportionate (comparatively!), almost "super," grotesque creatures?

Also, why are the Dinosaurs not around anymore?

That Ken Ham article didn't really answer any of my thoughts or questions concerning the matter.

Jordan

2007/3/16 0:26Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: foundations

Hi everyone.

Jordan,

"I'm still having a hard time imagining people co-existing with dinosaurs."

I can understand that.

I think something that gives us trouble with this is the way in which the secular media and education have informed and formed our views in so many ways.

For instance, it might seem like it to them that [i]all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation[/i], or, as it may apply here, to say that [i]this is the way things [u]have always[/u] been[/i]. But it isn't so.

We know from scripture that God works in history and has intervened in history, for example. [b]The present is not the key to the past[/b]. So we can't assume anything about what these creatures were like in the origional creation, except what the Bible hints at or tells us clearly.

The scripture claims to be the eyewitness testimony of God. What we are shown in the media and in text books, with computer asisted animations and high quality graphics and drawings, no matter how impressive, are still going from the assumptions and speculations of fallen men, and even those of people that hate God and despise His word, you know?

I can empathise with you in this Jordan. After I was converted I really struggled with trying to understand what I had been taught with what I read in the Bible. I remember one night reading in Genesis and feeling so conflicted. I remember saying in my heart to God something like 'God, I just don't understand this, I just want to know the truth, whatever it is.' The things I was reading in Genesis just did not match what I believed from being taught in public schools.

Well, soon after this I was looking around on the web and [i]happened[/i] upon a link to an article from Answersingenesis that was refuting some claims about Noah's Ark being found. At first I thought, hey...why are you trying to disprove this..isn't this supporting the Bible? But after I kept looking around the site, I realised they were just answering with integrity and truthfulness.

And the more I looked around, the more I found answers to all those questions I had. :-)

I wish you well in this,

Chris

2007/3/16 6:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy