SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Your thoughts on Sanctification?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
To those who think that Sanctification takes place at salvation, what is sanctification. And why does the scripture differentiate between holiness and Sanctification, and Justification.

Of course they are not the same thing, but how does that prove it doesn't happen at the same time? At least is does between justification and the other. I wasn't aware that sancitification ad holiness were different things. They are the same word in the Greek. What scriptures do you have in mind brother?

Quote:
Paul tells us that our Sanctification comes through the word of God. Specifically in dealing with marriage.

Ephesians 5:26

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

I submit that if a marriage needs the word of God to be sanctified, than certainly every other part does as well.

Amen.

Quote:
I would also suggest to anyone who does believe sanctification occurs immediately at salvation,(or should) needs to go to the Old Testament and read about sanctification, so that they can have a true perspective of what it really means.

I did. :-P The reference I used was the very first time the Bible mentiones sanctification.

2007/3/13 14:40Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

By the way, I do believe in a process. Whole heartedly! I just don't think the bible calls is sanctification.

2007/3/13 14:41Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, [i][color=00CC33]work[/color][/i] out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

2007/3/13 14:47Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

This is all great. Excellent points by all. So if sanctification isn't immediate, must we be sanctified to enter into heaven? If we are to be a spotless bride, doesn't that mean sanctification?

Or let me put it another way since I know what some of the answers will be... On the day of conversion, we are automatically under the blood, so therefore we will have eternity with God... If this is the case, then do those who continue to sin after conversion until the day of their death without sanctification, do they just merely "slip by" into heaven?

Would they be on the "lower totem pole" so to speak, whereas, those who eventually come into sanctification are "higher on the totem pole" or "thought more highly of" by God? Does that make sense? Do you know what I mean?

Another way to put it, I guess... as some have speculated, is that there will be "outer-city Christians," and "inner-city Christians (closer to God)." I hope this doesn't create confusion.

So, thoughts, now that there kind of is an established "process" that takes place with sanctification?

2007/3/13 14:59Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and [i][b][color=CC0000][font=Arial]I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,[/font][/color][/b][/i] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

this implies to me that he can infact erase your name if we sin when we are saved and do not repent..... and if it where true that once saved always saved...no need for Paul writing all those letters telling people how they should live, for example the korinthians...if it didn't matter how they lived why would he write them and say don't do this that and this....

so we do need to work on our salvation whit fear and trembling, because whiteout holiness NO MAN.....shall se the Lord, But i also do believe God gives grace to us just as much as we need... glory to Jesus!

just some more thoughts, Zac Poonen has a sermon on this, cant remember witch one...

and some will wear a crown in heaven and some wont, i dont know, but i have a hard time imagining a sinner who gets saved on his deathbed should recive the same reward as for example Paul the apostle....

2007/3/13 15:06Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:
So far, all I have seen in this discussion from the opposing side about sanctification is personal preference, no reference to hardly any scripture.

BenWilliams... then you should read all of my posts on this particular thread.... it's full of Scripture!

One Scripture I will bring up again, is:

Quote:
1 Thess. 5:16-24 23May God himself, the God of peace, [b]sanctify[/b] you through and through. [b]May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.[/b] 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

2007/3/13 15:06Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Rev 3:5 [b]He that overcometh[/b], the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and [i][b][color=CC0000][font=Arial]I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,[/font][/color][/b][/i] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

this implies to me that he can infact erase your name if we sin when we are saved and do not repent.....

I think I can agree with this implication here, as well. :-)

2007/3/13 15:12Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:
I mean, if we don't live a sanctified life, having put sin to DEATH in our "conversion" are we truly converted?

When we are born again, we are dead to sin.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:
[b]Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. [/b]

So here is my ponderance/question to the following:

Quote:
When we are born again, we are dead to sin.

In today's Church, when we do become born again, are we truly dead to sin? (If we're not dead to sin, are we truly born again!?)

Here is my thought process in this, so hopefully it will stay on tract and focused... lol...

We are saved by grace, correct? If we are saved by grace, does that mean that we get to heaven by grace, as well? If it is by grace that we get to heaven, does that disqualify the need for sancification?

According to most of the Scriptures that we've quoted so far, we must be a pure, spotless, sanctified, holy bride. So, is it by grace that we are this bride of Christ, or must we fulfill our end of the sanctification process before we can become this pure holy, and spotless bride?

Should God's grace, through the death of His son lead us towards a want and desire for sanctification, or can we just sail through life because of grace, and get into heaven by this grace?

Ideas? Thoughts?
:-D

2007/3/13 15:49Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

this makes me think of something zac poonen ask in a sermon,

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

how do you know you are under grace?

:-)

sailing thrue life lol.........

you make me smile Ben

think of this verse when things are going great

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

2007/3/13 16:01Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
this makes me think of something zac poonen ask in a sermon,

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

how do you know you are under grace?

:-)

sailing thrue life lol.........

you make me smile Ben

think of this verse when things are going great

Act 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

:-D I like this. This is fun stuff. It is these kinds of things that make us think, make us look up Scripture, and make us wonder if we live in accordance to the Scripture.

Does it not make one wonder if our whole converted life is all summed up into one word: grace? Or is life more then that? Because of God's grace, does one still need to be repentent (the Scriptural referance of this word: to do away with)? Does one need to "run the race?" Live a holy life? Be Sanctified?

My guess is that most of the Church today lives under the grace idea, where none of the other stuff really matters, because we got grace, and grace covers all our need to do anything else. Thoughts?

hmmhmm... I make me smile, too... lol :-P
Actually, I am filled with joy in the conversing of this subject, so you make me smile, just the same!

Ben

2007/3/13 16:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy