SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : God Is Training A Holy Remnant

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christian

Washington DC

God Is Training A Holy Remnant

Tozer said “Len [Ravenhill] I don’t care what everyone else is doing, but as for you and I we will worship the Lord on our face”. David Wilkerson on March 7th 2004 said in his study , above his garage, on his face for hours, was the time square church born; a holy remnant in the heart of the city.”

To worship on your face, Ravenhill said “the only thing greater than prayer is worship.” When a man truly comes in living contact with the living God, he can do nothing but fall on his face. On our face will we hear the voice of God. Tozer said he would spend 4 to 5 hours on his face and say nothing. Worship with our face down!

Category: David Wilkerson June 13 1994.
God Is Training A Holy Remnant

This is a must for today 10 years later. If the church of christ would listen to this instead of Gibson, there would be a revelution in America.

"God is at work doing something hidden and quiet -- and it is so supernatural, it's beyond human comprehension. Yet what He is doing right now is going to affect the whole world in these last days.

God is preparing a small but powerful army of Christians! This army is going to be the most dedicated on the face of the earth. And the Lord will come forth to command them to do exploits and shake hell. He is going to close out the ages with a pure, devoted, fearless remnant! "...

"You may have read or heard preached my message about the coming race wars. As of now, it may not look as if this will happen. But very soon, when economic chaos comes, watch out! There will be "race armies" -- whites against blacks, blacks against Jews, Koreans against blacks. "....

"I have a vision in my mind that I believe is from the Lord. It is of hundreds of cars fleeing New York...of auto camps in New Jersey and Pennsylvania...of people sleeping in their cars for weeks at a time, just to get away from all the chaos. The same will happen in other cities too. It's going to be beyond anything we can imagine. But God is going to have ready His holy remnant -- a group of people who are steadfast, sure, unmovable! Like Samuel, their words will not fall to the ground! "

Christian Merlino
2004 March 17

2004/3/17 8:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: God Is Training A Holy Remnant

Quote:
To worship on your face, Ravenhill said “the only thing greater than prayer is worship.” When a man truly comes in living contact with the living God, he can do nothing but fall on his face. On our face will we hear the voice of God. Tozer said he would spend 4 to 5 hours on his face and say nothing. Worship with our face down!

Brother Christian, your posts always stir something deep in my soul, I praise God for you brother! You have brought out some deep truth by quoting these excerpts from tozer, ravenhill and wilkerson. In worship we are always try to fill the time with words, actions, emotions, but God just wants us to tangible come to him and then let his presence just minister to us. Imagine just coming into God's presence.. that's it.. then we would surely afterward cry: "I'm undone, I am a man of unclean lips, I live amongst a people of unclean lips (other members of the church)." We need people who are going to come into Gods presence and be willing to deal with their lives in response to it. True repentance will not be a sulking in our sins but a turning from them and a determined attutitude to see the opposite (God). We need to be seeking God as much as we seek anything else, nay! evenmore than anything else. How much do you desire and enjoy TV, Sports, Dating, Reading, Conversing on the phone, Going to social events, etc.. God needs to be desired and loved more than all these things. It's not the cutting off of the above listing mentioned but a putting of God high above them all! The repentance of the Church will bring the Church to a higher devotion and enjoyment of God.

2004/3/17 14:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just read the A.B. Simpson devotional today.. what a blessing. At the end he stated this exhortation: 'be lost in the fullness of God.' What a scary yet wonderful call to the people of God. 'The repentance of the Church will bring the Church to a higher devotion and enjoyment of God.' And even better yet God will get all the glory.. REPENT and give God your all.. He wants to work through the most insignifigant person in wordly standards, God looks at the weak and He see's strength, He looks at the simple and He see's wisdom. Give God your 2 loaves of bread and fish.. If you give yourself to Him thinking about yourself and your situation then it will be for your benefit.. nay! give yourself to God for His benefit.. do with me as you please God! I am your servant.. what task shall I do?.. speak Lord for your servant is listening.

2004/3/19 0:42Profile
markitats

Springdale AR

Re: God Is Training A Holy Remnant

you and ron are so right, we need as a body to get on our faces and worship and praise God for what he is and not what we can get from him. i listened to a quote from ravenhill that said that, "there was 36 million people filled with the holy ghost around the world yet it only took 120 to turn a nation upside down!" God please help our lacking of our faith that your word can really do whatever it says it can do. my prayer is that God would get the glory in all things that i do inside and outside of church. brothers i hope too like these great men of God, Wilkerson, Ravenhill, Tozer, that through the lifes we live that people see Jesus in us and never ourselfs. God will only raise up a people when our lifes are lined up with his will and that we forsake all things for christ that we may be a true example of being Christ like. God please move on your people. father i know i can't pray long enough (no reason i shouldn't pray though) i know i can't read enough (no reason not to read though) and i know that i am unworthy but God move because your God and there is not like you or could ever be close to being you. help me die!amen.

2004/3/19 2:18Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re:

“help me die!”

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?” (Romans 6:3)

“Were baptized” is past tense. It happened to you already 2,000 years ago, brother. :-)

Perhaps all of us who take the above truth seriously -- or wish they could -- might pray for one another as Paul suggests:

“Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,”
(Ephesians 1:15-20)

Christian, I trust we’ll get back to your original point that God is preparing a remnant.

2004/3/19 10:14Profile
Christian

Washington DC

Re: Let us wait upon the Lord

Oh, dear people in Christ, that we would die to the things we need to die to. Ravenhill, in “Tokens of His Compassion”, weeping, said people have testimonies of conversion, baptism, filled with the spirit, but when did you hear a testimony of Gethsemane.

My dear people I am sick to death of today’s Christian institutions, as Tozer once said about a preacher, the man ought to be paddled. I refuse to hear a man preach without the power of God upon him. I though I could sit back and be quiet but when I hear this easy believeism taught and think what affect it will have on my son, I say NO! Enough! I will sit with my son and daughter in my home and teach them the bible and sing the old hymns of Zion and have revival in my home.

When I first started listening to Ravenhill my whole life changed. I began to see people going to hell all around me. I would go to the prayer service with such anguish of the lost people who prayed for 10 min and then left. They would ask is everything ok at home, I said the zeal of God consumes me. Oh how the Lord is grieved over the churches of today.

My dear friends I have been reading and praying for revival for over 10 years now. It started with a year, alone in Washington D.C. with no TV, no Family, no friends, no church, just colleges at work then to prayer, fasting, walking and reading the bible and some books by Tozer, Bounds, Murray and Brainared. I would pray at 4:00am then to work, then home and read for several hours, go walk with God under the moon light, and back to weeping prayer before sleeping every night for a year. I would only eat what I cooked.

Tozer talked about getting close enough to the adversary to hear him roar, well every night for that year I felt that unspeakable evil presence of the adversary. I got in the habit of saying greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world, then I would violently shake my self up.

Oh, how I want to see God step down and burn up all the chaff that we may see the pure Gold. And if revolution be needed then so be it. If loss to family and friends, so be it. If lost to the comforts of this world and work then so be it. And if my own life then so be it. But as for this generation that has been betrayed and cheated out of the Joy unthinkable and full of Glory, may we see a revival that will bring heaven to earth. I am hid away for one purpose and that is to prepare for battle, to fight, to be ready when the trumpet sound. Let us wait upon the Lord.

Christian Merlino

2004/3/19 15:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy