SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should I "run for my life"?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Should I "run for my life"?

This weekend,I guess it could be called a "personal backslide" happened. It may sound funny or stupid, I want opinions. I was enjoying my everyday time with the Lord by reading and lstening to some sermons.I was on Yahoo, when I heard a singer from a band I listened to growing up in the seventies had passed away.So,I wanted to hear their music. Now I find myself listening non stop and ,quite honestly,having a lesser desire for GODly things. Is this a flesh thing that I should immediately cu off "stop listeing to their music" or should I enjoy this time. I guess maybe the answer is..how is it affecting my spiritual life? Just 2 weeks ago after watching Hells Bells, I finally erased all my mp3 albums..well into the hundreds with no regret whatsoever. Now I am feeling drawn again to this music.Where do I start here? I dont want to keep babbling..
Thanks and GOD Bless

2007/3/12 12:49Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Should I "run for my life"?

Brother, you already know the answer.

Listen [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1865]this[/url] message for encouragement in these times.

2007/3/12 13:33Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Thanks
Im giving it a listen now brother.
GOD Bless
John

2007/3/12 13:38Profile
John173

Omaha

Dear brother(?),

Turn away ASAP from [i]all[/i] secular rock and roll. I think you already know this. Reminiscng about our BC days is of no value and can indeed be harmful. Think about the Isrealites wishing they could go back to Egypt and 'enjoy' leeks and onions rather than receive with gladness God's provision of 'boring' manna. He was none to pleased with them over that one!

Remember also Paul's statement in Philippians 3:12-16

[color=000099]12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same *rule, let us be of the same mind.
[/color]

I know and understand how much pull there is toward this stuff. I was, as are many of us here, a huge fan of the Beattles, Floyd, Zep et al.

I remember going to a seminar when I was first saved about the demonic influences involved in this medium. I was convicted strongly at the time. A few days later though I felt the urge to tune my radio to KRQR once again. I reasoned in my immaturity that now that I new what was there I would just gaurd my heart while listening. Yeah, right. After listening for a while Pretty Women by VH came on. Boy was I convicted, I at least knew where my thoughts would stay listening to [i]that[/i]!

I turned the stereo off, one of those volume control knobs that you turned all the way down til it clicked (yeah that's how they used to make 'em). I went in to the kitchen and was quietly eating lunch when suddenly my stereo in the other room came on at full volume. The song playing? "Come on and take a free ride".

I knew what He was saying to me at that moment. Continue to listen to this and you will hear and believe that you can just take a free ride on the grace of God. Who needs repentance? God loves me and will always forgive me regardless of my lifestyle, so why not? Come on! Take the free ride!

Blessings to you my brother,

In gentleness and humility,

Doug

2007/3/12 13:45Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Thanks John173
I seem to go through the same situations lately. My wife isnt saved (or at least doesnt show any fruits), but ,Thank GOD, she has stopped complaining about me always listening to sermons and now actually seems to enjoy them.We used to have 2 cars but last summer, she was in an accident and totalled hers. Now we and our children all ride in one car. That means I take my wife to work, drop my kids off to school and pick them all up. I always listen to my sermons or mp3 player or a keith green cd when driving.My 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter say "Dad, put on that song about the House" Thats Keith Green's "Unless the Lord builds the house"! I am now so greatful to have one car, even though my wife got into a bad accident and we lost that car...GOD'S ways are not our ways!

2007/3/12 14:04Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

And by the way..my wife made it through the accident with just bumps and bruises which have healed and I thank GOD for that also.

2007/3/12 14:06Profile
psalm1

hi I can say this - we have 3 enemies the world the flesh and the devil.You and I have to have a battle plan to walk in vitory. If i spend time in secular activities I will loose my victory. I MUST read the word ,worship, fellowship,attend meetings etc, to "stay in the spirit" There are wheapons at your diposal. accountability is a good one. get determined to walk in peace and love and victory. Also become your own"best preacher" Preach to yourself.memorise scripture and use it on yourself. your walk with Jesus is the most precious thing you have. Tell yourself that.If being alone causes you to stumble, try to get around "sold out" people.tell yourself"how valuble is my walk" You will win with a battle plan and loose without one. love,David

2007/3/12 14:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy