SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : lazarus come forth (pls comment)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

hi blinx,hopefully you will leave it on there.brought back many, many awesome memories! I now want to see if I still have any videos In my storage. I think I do. Looks like the "hunger" is getting stronger for revival.It is very strong in me too.The girl you refered to is Alison Ward. I dont know how anyone can watch the video of miss WArd and not weep.I was sketical of the revival when I first heard about it. Then after watching A, Ward I was completely undone. This was in 1995 or 1996 [cant remember].Yes,yes, yes Lord Jesus do this again. We need you.we are dry, we are thirsty, we need your presence.Please Jesus do this again......God bless,David Oh, I dont know what happened to him. I didnt know him but my wife did because they were in school together. I dont know what ever happend to him.I hope he is well

2007/3/14 12:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was sketical of the revival when I first heard about it

I still am... let us continue to test everything and hold onto the good.

Respectfully in Christ -Jim

2007/3/14 13:00
psalm1

Re:

hi mom23, I dont claim to have any special knowledge of the brownsville revival except i was there for 7 years in pensacola,and attended the revival from 1996 to 1999 .My children were transformed there. It was so awsome.Dave Wilkerson was definately against it at first. But Dave will tell you to your face "there is not much hes not against". He has really been around. But, he sent his brother Don to the revival [I think in late 1996 but dont hold me to the exact date] and bro. Don said he would try to convince Dave that God had shown up in Pensacola.The emphisis of the brownsville revival [besides Gods presence] was souls.When Steve Hill gave the alter call a mass of sin ladden men women and children would run and litterally slide up to the alter. I knew this would happen every night, but nonetheless it would take my breath away every single time.there was so much opposition to the revival but anyone there soon found out to basically ignore it.Yes opposition is a fact of revival.If you ever experience true revival where you see people thrown around like rag dolls, you will see such an upheaval even seasoned saints will cry "thats the devil".True revival comes with an unbelievable price. Mike Brown, Pastor Kilpatrick ,Steve Hill,Bob Phillips,and David Ravenhill [just to name a few] carry the scars to this day.Do we really want revival? I say LETS PAY THE PRICE!..... oh,yes we were powerfull attacked by Hank Hannograff And many others.I know there will be Another revival soon with new leaders.It will bring new attackers.....Love David

2007/3/14 13:26Profile

Re:

David-

I would love to hear more substance from you about this, but your last comment doesnt give much in that way. I know of many who could emotionally manipulate hundreds of people to an alter if so inclined, so thats kind of irrelavent. You kinda make it sound like since every true move of God has some opposition, and this movement had opposition that it must be a true move of God.

I do not write this to oppose you, but to ask that you give more solid information on it. I watched the Fathers day service and was skeptical of what I saw, along with Alisons testimony, which again I was skeptical of.

I write this as someone who has been personally revived out of a state of lukewarmness, and will not say that the Fathers day revival was of God or the devil for reason of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

in Christ - Jim

2007/3/14 14:00
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I think the real issue here is that that young man was having personal revival and if that happened to a number of individuals how wonderful. It will be impossible until eternity to see what fruit came out of it. I say thank you Jesus for saving and changing that young man no matter where it happened.

2007/3/14 16:50Profile

Re:

As Blinx and Compliments mentioned... this boys testimony was powerful and yes it had emotion, but I believe it was surrounded in truth.

I find people like to add opinions, where opinions are not needed. If you want to point out problems with the churches, start a new thread.

Although, I am indifferent about posting good youtube sites, this is not my site to determine such a thing, but John173 (Doug) you wrote,"

Quote:

John173 wrote:
I went back and watched this vid again. It certainly causes an emotional reaction in me. This brothers testimony was rather emotional. No wonder considering the depths of anger and hatred he saw in his heart prior to salvation! Unfortunately, emotion will only carry him a short distance. I truly hope he has found some good solid fellowship and is devoting hinself to the Word of God and prayer.

The thng I find disturbing about this link however is that it is indeed to the youtube site. I looked at the other vids posted next to and following this one and it was mostly godless trash. How many people, members and non members viewed the one vid then got sidetracked and started surfing this youtube filth? This is why Greg doesn't want links like this here.

.... and then ....

Just my opinion on the matter.

God Bless,
Doug

"

1) Doug, why are we so quick to question someones heart with comments and opinions?

2) As I mentioned about youtube, I am indifferent, but it is your responsibility to filter the filth you watch. No one suggested that you view the other videos 'to the left or to the right'. That was your choice. Our path is a narrow one. After the first 'filth' video, why did you watch the second?

Anyway, as for the boy, I hope and pray that the fire in him is still burning for the Lord.

God Bless those that are changed for Jesus, not man,
BrianMira

2007/3/14 21:12
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

As far as Brownsville Revival videos go, I've been blessed by many of them. Not because I'm an Assembly of God minister (I don't know of any Pentecostal minister that is more skeptical of "Pentecostalism" than I am), but because of the strong repentance message preached each night for almost 5 years straight. I thought Hill did a great job balancing grace and truth as an evangelist. One message in particular that sticks in my mind, "When the Gavel Falls."

2007/3/14 21:26Profile
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re:

Hi all, about the youtube links:
sermonindex replied my pm and said this "if possible in the future please dont refernce to that website".

I won't post anymore youtube links... I tried to "embed" the youtube player here in the website.. but it didn't work (at least on my computer I can't see it).

About the Pensacola Revival...

I don't know much about it. From what I've seen it was a move of God. I just found it a little strange the Allison Ward testimony... (the fact that she was trembling) But I'm pretty sure it was from God.

2007/3/16 8:21Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Hi Brian,

You asked a cople of questions of me.

1) Doug, why are we so quick to question someones heart with comments and opinions?

I don't think I questioned his heart in the least, that certainly wasn't my intent. I just recognized that this young man was in a highly emotional moment. There is nothing wrong with that and I didn't mean to question his sincerity. Emotions do eventually fade though. When they do it is important to begin to get grounded in the truth.

2) As I mentioned about youtube, I am indifferent, but it is your responsibility to filter the filth you watch. No one suggested that you view the other videos 'to the left or to the right'. That was your choice. Our path is a narrow one. After the first 'filth' video, why did you watch the second?

Ummm...Did I say I got caught up watching videos? I was just reinforcing what I believe to be some valid reasons for not linking to youtube. How many hits do you suppose that video got as a result of this thread? Most of those viewings were by brothers and sisters who are quite capable of turning away from the other videos, but the possibility exists that some may stumble.

[i]"Anyway, as for the boy, I hope and pray that the fire in him is still burning for the Lord."[/i] Heartfelt dittos brother.

Blessings in Christ,

Doug

2007/3/16 9:35Profile
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re:

Hey John173, check this out:

David Ravenhill talking about emotionalism and the Pensacola Revival (the revival from the video):

(The whole interview here: http://www.purelifeministries.org/Unchained/2007/Feb_07/Features/Other_Writers/021907_Interview_With_David_Ravenhill.htm )

UC: Anybody who knows you personally, knows you to be a wise and cautious man—the last one to be given over to hysteria or emotionalism. And yet, many people consider the “Pensacola Revival” to have been just that. Why did you connect yourself to this event?

DR: I believe the Lord clearly led us to Pensacola. While I was never officially on the staff, I did have the opportunity to travel with the Awake America team plus attend dozens of meetings. I don’t believe I would call it “hysteria” but certainly emotional. One cannot read the Bible without seeing all types of emotion. David danced before the Lord with ALL his might. The Father called in the band and supplied music and dancing when His son returned home. The man at the temple when healed certainly got excited and went walking and leaping and praising God. I believe that one of the problems in the church is a lack of true emotion or passion for God. We get all excited about sport but when it comes to God’s house we act like we’re in a morgue full of dead people. You could not attend the “Pensacola Revival” without seeing lives radically changed and transformed. I’ve met and talked to these people and can testify to the transforming work of God’s grace in their lives. Like every genuine revival the devil will be in attendance doing his “thing.” If this were not so you would have to question the validity of the work. Jesus said, “As soon as the seed is sown Satan cometh immediately.” When God is at work, so is the devil. Unfortunately that’s all some people look for and all they find. I believe as Jesus stated that “Wisdom is justified of her children.” All one has to do is look at the fruit of this mighty move of God.

As for youtube links, our host doesn't want them posted here, so independently of what we think about it we should respect and obey the rule.

P.S. Brothers let's all make an effort not to create tension when posting.

2007/3/16 9:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy