SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Charles Spurgeon - The Movie?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I understand what Greg is saying but its not either or. Why can't we have both? We can and it would be better if we did.

2007/3/10 0:48
SDE

Arizona

Re:

Quote:
Can you imagine "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" on the big screen for todays modern "Christians" to see?

A ministry did produce a video based on this sermon. I saw it on a Christian blog.

2007/3/10 0:51Profile
roadsign

Re: a movie of Spurgeon - Yes!

Quote:
Sheffey is a really good movie! Have you seen The Printing by BJU?

I saw Sheffey years ago and have since then wondered what has become of it. No one talks about it. (I don’t know if BJU did that one I saw)

I can still feel Sheffey’s grief over the influx of higher criticism.

re Surgeon:
I’d love to see a movie of Spurgeon! Right now I’m reading his biography, and am imagining how spectacular a movie would be. However, the movie creators would have to first be feeling, thinking, living, eating, and sleeping Spurgeon in order to get his true character across. The movie would have to stir within the viewer the marvel of God, not merely of a person - in order to do justice to the man and to God.

Diane

2007/3/10 12:10Profile
Bethl26

Ohio

Re:

You can still buy Sheffey from BJU Press. You can also watch the trailer. The link is: http://www.bjupress.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?parent_category_rn=281459&storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=248951

It is a very good movie.

2007/3/10 19:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy