Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine :  4 visions i pray God give me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

4 visions i pray God give me

1. I want a vision of His glory and holiness that will make my heart bow down to the dust and in total submission and humility cry out holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty.

2. I want a vision of hell and its everlasting flames

3. A vision of Christ and Him dying on the cross for poor sinners

4. A vision of a lost dying world walking on there way down to destruction and eternal damnation

and more then these spiritual visions and insights, i want a heart who longs and thirsts for God's glory, a heart who will lift up Jesus crusified to the lost,a heart who will intercede and weep and anguish for salvation of sinner.

-------------------------------------------------

'I am a brokenhearted man; yes, indeed I am an unhappy man; not for myself, but on account of others. God has given me such a sight of the value of precious souls, that I cannot live if souls be not saved. Oh, give me souls or else I die!' John Smith

2007/3/7 22:31Profile
SDE

Arizona

Re: 4 visions i pray God give me

I pray that God gives me those visions also!!

2007/3/7 22:39Profile
myfirstLove

Thats really beautiful. Lord, give me those visions too!

Quote:
and more then these spiritual visions and insights, i want a heart who longs and thirsts for God's glory, a heart who will lift up Jesus crusified to the lost,a heart who will intercede and weep and anguish for salvation of sinner.

This just makes me cryout deeply in the heart, I WANT JESUS!!!

2007/3/8 0:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
1. I want a vision of His glory and holiness that will make my heart bow down to the dust and in total submission and humility cry out holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty.

2. I want a vision of hell and its everlasting flames

4. A vision of a lost dying world walking on there way down to destruction and eternal damnation

Amen brother, very refreshing to read this and meditate on it. Oh to covet after such precious eternal things that will not fade away.

2007/3/8 1:00Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hello elected...

Quote:

I have a friend who met the Lord as the result of a similar vision. Michael was struggling with his spiritual condition at the time. He had walked with the LORD as a child and into his teen years, but became carried away by lust in college. He became a very promiscuous man. Eventually, he began to question his childhood/teenage relationship with (and belief in) the Lord. At one point, he began to publicly provoke others to forsake their beliefs in the Lord.

But the emptiness of his loss was everpresent.

One day, he opened up a Bible to the book of Hebrews chapter 6. He read the passages where it states, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Michael interpreted this as a possibility that he had blasphemed the Holy Spirit. He became quite worried that he was now without hope. He couldn't eat. He couldn't sleep. He continued in this misery for about two weeks. Michael said that he lost about 20 pounds in less than two weeks because of the stress and agony of his soul.

Out of desperation, Michael telephoned several ministries for counseling. Some of them, upon hearing that he had understood and accepted Christ as a child told him that he was already saved and simply needed to realize it. Another ministry warned him that if he had blasphemed the Holy Spirit -- there was NO hope. Yet he knew that his heart was still mired in dark sexual sin.

After weeks of agonizing and crying out for his sins -- Michael had a vision. I don't remember if this was a "dream" or a "vision" (whereas he was awake).

Michael said that he saw himself standing at the bottom of a rugged hill. At the top of that hill was a man hanging on the cross. Michael said that this was not the picture he was used to of Jesus almost standing on a cross peg. This was a man beaten beyond recognition -- literally hanging from nails. Jesus was covered in blood, bruises, and sweat. He was also extremely swollen. But his eyes were open, and he was looking directly at Michael.

Michael said that he had never felt so much anguish in his entire life. He looked at Jesus and was somehow able to see "into" him. Christ had a heart that was pure and clean -- as pure as the whitest snow. Then, Michael looked at himself. He could see inside of himself as well, and his heart was black. He said that it was dirty to the core; if it were cut down the middle, it would have been black through and through.

Michael said that the agony of the moment was only compounded by the fact that he was embarrassed. Yet Jesus continued to look at him with the purest stare one could imagine -- piercing right into Michael. At this moment, Michael felt more helpless and hopeless than he had ever felt in his entire life. The agony of that moment was more excruciating than ever! He looked up at the Lord, like a little boy who was totally crushed on the inside.

Then the Lord said to him, "Michael, will you trade with me?"

At this point, Michael reached into his chest and pulled out that heart that was black with sin. He then pulled out the pure and clean heart from the Lord. Michael placed his heart into Jesus, and Jesus died. Michael then placed the Lord's clean heart into his own chest.

That was the end of his vision.

That was about ten years ago. Michael has walked with the Lord with an extreme and sincere love for Him ever since. He truly is a "crooked path made straight." I was privileged to stand as a groomsman in his wedding (even though I was a teenager). I am pleased that he will be attending my own wedding this Saturday.

Your desire for such a vision reminded me of Michael's own experience. While I have been extremely blessed by Michael's testimony and friendship -- I have prayed for such a vision of my own. Even more, I am pleased to fellowship with the Lord KNOWING the extent of the sacrifice for which He gave His life for me. I pray that my life can somehow bring others to the same place.

Be encouraged! I am praying for you in this. Please pray for me too!

:-)

2007/3/8 2:57Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
Oh to covet after such precious eternal things that will not fade away.

the tragic thing is we have lost or losing sight of these eternal realities today, the shekinah glory has left the temple of God in many churches and most of our knowledge of God is not a result of a deep communion with HIM but of dead and suffecating theology transmitted to us by men and not revealed to us by God through the studying of scriptures

2007/3/8 18:10Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Hi Chris,

thanks for sharing the story of your freind it's encouraging to hear that he came back to God and repented of his sins. I myself have been backsliding from God if it was not for his multitude of mercies i would have been lost.

may we never lose sight of the cross of Jesus, if we want revival it's only through the way to calvary that we can have a pentecost, a fresh outpouring of the Holy Ghost.

Do you know why God doesnt answer the prayer of many who pray for power from on high? I believe it is so because we want power but not purification of soul,we want spiritual gists but no sanctification,we want the Holy Ghost as a monopoly........

2007/3/8 18:29Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Amen - how beautiful. This to dilligently seek. Thank you for sharing Brother.

2007/3/8 21:44Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Your Friend's Vision

Chris, if he was awake it was a vision. And what a vision!

I know I am purified by Jesus, but I dread the moment when Jesus looks into my eyes, and we review my life. Not for my sins, but for my lack of blessing others.

How blessed your friend was to have so clear a moment of forgiveness, to know it was not too late.

What most people don't seem to know is that so long as we seek Jesus, He will forgive us. We only can truly commit the unpardonable sin when our conscience is completely seared, and we truly do not care anymore about anything but the momentary gratification of our senses, and consequently laugh at the idea of seeking or following Jesus.

I'm writing this on your wedding day. I pray it was both beautiful and fun, and that you went to one of your three destinations, and when you come back, your come back with memories to last a lifetime, and continue into eternity.

Many Blessings,

2007/3/10 8:26Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Me too !!!! :-)

2007/3/10 8:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy