SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thankyou again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Thankyou again

I remain mystified. I posted a 'thankyou' to the moderators of this website only to find it has been removed. I understand my views are strong, but I also experienced personal revival and God is strong. It seems as if it's ok for ministers to rule against us (as has happened to us many times) but when we say something it's not allowed.
Some of the great revival preachers had the strongest things to say. Even contemporary discourses from (say) Andrew Strom or Greg Gordon are not lacking in being strong. So what's the problem? Are we afraid of speaking out (I refer to my posting 'Greedy Pigs') for fear of getting our faces slapped? Also we are not kids. At least I'm not. I don't like being told that I'm playing around with the website of what I write is spew or anything that comes into my head. I mean every word I say. The ones that cause the hurt should look at themselves, that is to say 'Christian Ministry' instead of defending them as 'The Brethren'. Brethren they may be, but I am one of them, and I surely have the right to voice my opinion, rather than (adding insult to injury) having my views slandered as bilge. The Lord Bless you once again for all you are doing!

2007/3/6 16:58
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Thankyou again

Quote:

CarlRedmond wrote:
I remain mystified. I posted a 'thankyou' to the moderators of this website only to find it has been removed.

Brother, it is still there, i can see it if i go back a little...

sloooooow to speak ;-) thats good advice for many of us(me included)

2007/3/7 6:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Just wanted to clarify that the thread 'Greedy Pigs' is still there on the forum.

God bless.

2007/3/7 6:24Profile
John173

Omaha

[color=0000FF]I remain mystified. I posted a 'thankyou' to the moderators of this website only to find it has been removed.[/color]

Hi Carl,

Sometimes a new thread is started that does not stir anyone to make a comment. Such was your 'thank you' thread. Nothing much to respond to. I opened it, read it, thought how nice it was of you to post a thank you like that, then I moved on to the next thread.

When a thread does not receive any comments it slowly moves down the page. This happens because when a thread receives a new comment it is put to the top of the list. Eventually a thread will drop off page one completely. This does not mean it was removed!

Scroll all the way to the bottom of page one and click on the next page button. As of this posting your 'thank you' is on page two. Depending on how soon you look for it there is a possibility that it could have dropped to page three by then.

God Bless you brother, please don't be shy about sharing your views.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/7 9:42Profile
John173

Omaha

one more thing to look for, near the top of the page there is a place to set your own preferences for how threads are sorted on your screen. The first one must be set to 'most recent' for my first post to hold true. I think this is the default, but I can't remember for sure.

2007/3/7 9:58Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15339&forum=35&0]thankyou[/url]

2007/3/7 10:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I remain mystified. I posted a 'thankyou' to the moderators of this website only to find it has been removed. I understand my views are strong, but I also experienced personal revival and God is strong.

Brother,

Some things don't impress me anymore. One of these is claiming to have spiritual revival yet still not exhibiting the fruits of the spirit. I do ask you to have patience with the forums and be slow to speak and quick to write. The forums is not a place for people to express their personal writing ministry or sermons. I do not want these forums to be a "personal" pulpit for anyone. Rather its a place to encourage the body of Christ and "contribute" to discussions to the betterment of everyone.

2007/3/7 13:23Profile

Re: Your comments Greg

Thanks Greg. How do you differentiate though between someone being 'personal' as you call it and someone who has a genuine point to make. And the Body of Christ in my opinion is not some 'protected species' where they can't endure any strong words. I will abide by your comments though. But what the Lord did in my life (even encouraged by your website) is undeniable. The Body of Christ by the way will not get to read the things we put here. They're mostly busy with building churches! I know I get a bit hot, a bit strong but I don't think it was untrue and I see you also weighed into the discussion. But let yourself and Mike both know I will respect your parameters. I've experienced too many good things here. By the way the thread 'Sick of Easy Believing' was sensational. My wife and I watched the sermon. It should be featured as 'Download of the Week'. That anyone can go againsdt it is unbelievable

2007/3/7 17:06

Re:

Thankyou. It seems like it came back again. Also do you know the 'rules' of this website. I was told by one moderator 'Abide by the rules or you will be removed.' What rules?

2007/3/8 16:42
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14144&forum=13&3 - MUST READ: SermonIndex Forum Disclaimer / Community Rules

2007/3/8 16:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy