SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Modest Swimwear

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Modest Swimwear

It is beautiful outside: the sun shines brightly, it is clear which brings us hope that summer will be here soon. As I think of this, I also think of the many who will be heading for the beaches and the exposure of flesh will feed many carnal minds and tempt many with sinful desires, wanted or not.

Last summer I was made aware of modest swimwear. Until then I did not know one could use these words in one sentence: I thought they were oxymorons. But I did a search on the web and found a lot, to my surprise. After studying the pics, I proceeded to sew one for myself and have been real pleased with it. I wore it when we went white water rafting in the Smokies last summer and plan to wear it in the future. It is a garb I do not have to be afraid who sees me nor do I experience any reluctance to ask the LORD for his protection while dressed like this!

I am including some links to websites for your consideration. I hope this will challenge all who are concerned about this issue and perhaps we can demonstrate to the world that "we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Eph. 2:10 (NASB).

Links: http://www.danzfamily.com/archives/2004/06/modest_swimwear.php

http://www.modest-swimwear.net/

http://www.liliesapparel.com/

Moderators: if you consider this subject inappropriate, please remove it.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/3/6 11:53Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Modest Swimwear

Amen Sister !!!

May God bless you in your quest for modest dress. I am so thankful for your post and the links. I wish more women would embrace this style. I think modesty is simply beautiful.

I once heard a young Christian woman address her congregation and talk about the hard decisions young women have to make nowadays. As an illustration she related a story about not knowing which style bathing suit to wear to a pool party, single or two piece.

I think Ravenhill mentions the fact that not only can you not preach holiness anymore, you can’t even preach modesty.

This is also a concern I have about “good” or “Christian” movies. People never mention the immodest dress and behavior. It’s all about the language for many.

Thanks again for this wonderful post.

Peace be with you.

TJ

2007/3/6 14:29Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Modest Swimwear

Thank you for the links, ginnyrose. I am looking for more modest clothing. I was in a store today and the clothes they are marketing even for young girls were horrifying!

2007/3/6 14:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Moderators: if you consider this subject inappropriate, please remove it.

This is very appropriate. The sad fact is that many are ignorant of anyone even desiring or making these things available. Sadly most Christians follow the crowd and take more advice from hollywood and TV then they do from other godly Christians or any type of Christian standard.

2007/3/6 14:57Profile
DIEDTOSELF

Minnesota

Re:

I just emailed the links to my mother begging her to sew one for my wife and two daughters. Now the problem is finding someplace to swim where these suits are all thats worn so I don't have to stare at the sand all day at the beach.

In Christ,

Craig

2007/3/6 16:12Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: modest swimwear

I know of a lady that told me she wouldn't make her daughter dress like an old lady and she was just talking about a one piece suit.

When my girls were growing up they had to wear one piece suits with long tshirts over the top.

Thanks for sharing this. I don't even go to the beach any more as I don't want to go to a peep show.

2007/3/6 16:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
the problem is finding someplace to swim where these suits are all thats worn so I don't have to stare at the sand all day at the beach.

Craig, you are right on! This is a problem. When we went white water rafting, there were others there who were dressed so shamefully. Fortunately, they put us with a family that were dressed more respectfully. And what helps is when they make you wear lifejackets!

Your mother in law should not find it difficult to sew any if she is a skilled seamstress. Or, maybe you do not even have to be all that skilled - just use a little imagination.

I am glad I could help you...

ginnyrose

2007/3/6 16:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this. I don't even go to the beach any more as I don't want to go to a peep show.

Shudders... I'm more concerned about running into that hairy and overweight Greek sporting rainbow Speedos I saw (unfortunately) a few years back at Jacksonville Beach in Florida...

>;')

2007/3/6 16:27
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

tj wrote:

Quote:
This is also a concern I have about “good” or “Christian” movies. People never mention the immodest dress and behavior. It’s all about the language for many.

tj, you bring up a subject that has really bothered me. A couple years ago we went to see a play, "Annie, Get Your Gun". It is a very fun play to see, I enjoyed it until the very last part where the two key players embraces so tenderly, so romantically. Brother, these two were not married to each other! The lady was married to another man. Let me tell you, I had to avert my eyes after a while because of what it did to me! Understand what I am saying? Now I just told you one story: I experience this also when I see this kind of kissing, etc. on a movie...Look, I am a married woman, a grandmother! I find this 'experience' very upsetting! And I assume this is the kind of thing males feel when they see immodesty.

So what does this mean to me, now? It means that if I value my purity, I will be very selective what videos/DVDs I will watch. As it is, I view very few...do not have time for it...am too busy, PTL!

Thanks for the post....

ginnyrose

2007/3/6 16:34Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

perish the thought :eek:

2007/3/6 16:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy