Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JaySaved

Kentucky

Revival

Genesis 45:26-28
"And they told [Jacob], "Joseph is still alive, and he is ruler over all the land of Egypt." And his heart became numb, for he did not believe them. But when they told him all the words of Joseph, which he had said to them, and when he saw the wagons that Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of their father Jacob revived. And Israel said, "It is enough; Joseph my son is still alive. I will go and see him before I die."

I am afraid that there are many in the church who are in Jacob's initial state--numb. Just as Jacob believed Joseph was dead, we forget what God has done and has promised to do. Even when someone talks about God and mentions His awesome power and might, we look around us and see no change and our hearts grow numb.

But, what is uplifting is that Jacob's sons did not stop telling Jacob the truth. They said, 'Here, see the truth.' 'See what Joseph has done.' What an exhortation to tell those whose hearts are numb the truth about God and to show them all He has done.

Let us all encourage one another do to as Jacob's sons did in that we tell the church all the words (promises/punishments) that God has spoken and show them all that God is doing so that their spirit would revive! Then the church will rise up and say, 'I will go and see.'

2007/3/6 10:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy