SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fire At Ben Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

respectfully

Quote:
Have you brothers considered it might be the will of God for the buildings to remain a heap of ashes?

no.

I think its a time to show a community of believers that LIFTS up in word this man's ministry our love, via any excess resource, which is my next move, ie. to the checkbook, for a love offering, to these perplexed, but not crushed saints.

neil

2007/3/7 0:28

thank you Goldminer

Quote:
Here is the address to send your gift to:

Ben Israel Fellowship
43237 Cass Line Rd.
Laporte, MN. 56461

done and done in the Name of Jesus.

neil

2007/3/7 0:32
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: thank you Goldminer

You know Bartle you have warmed my heart if not Ben Israel. I am so..... blessed to see someone that wants to reach out in love to a fellow brother and fellowship in the Lord. God would have mercy rather than judgment.

I'll admit I was a bit sadden by some of the comments here. If anyone on this forum's house burnt down I would consider it something to pull the body together to show love.

My heart in all this is that Art has gone through a tremendous time of testing with his health and to see an overwhelming outpouring from the rest of church in this matter could not help but be a blessing to him. I know money is just money but it shows where our heart is at.

I don't condemn anyone that feels God told them not to give. Do what God says. But I know God wanted the body to show love in this way and it will come from some sources. Rob Holmes already ran my letter on his Storm Harvest ministry site from Australia. People who have been blessed by Art will rally around him and Ben Israel in this hour. His book, as mentioned, Apostolic Foundations, is one of my favorite books. He blessed me by not being a man pleaser and I want to bless him.

I do not believe God wants this fellowship hall to remain a burnt heap. This will turn out to be a testimony of the love and provision of God and His people. I am sure they could use a new main computer and other things, this is probably God's way of supplying what the needed for what is coming up in the future.

Again Bartle, thanks for making my morning.

2007/3/7 8:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: thank you Goldminer

i pray for Mr Katz and everyone there,

but something about this whole matter draws my thinking to Job...... what do you others think?

2007/3/7 8:04Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Ben Israel facility burned - Art Katz's ministry

I did already mention Job in this thread too. His friends blamed his possible unrighteousness, his wife told him to curse God and die, however they all got rebuked and then prayed for by Job. Yes Job did have to have his perception of God tweeked and then the latter end of Job was better than the beginning. Sounds right to me.

Art Katz speaks the truth without apology. I'm sure he has feet of clay just like the rest of us. I haven't seen many preachers who will acknowlege their shortcomings as fully as Art. But God loves him. We need to stand beside ministers who will not compromise the gospel, they are few and far in between.

2007/3/7 8:23Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Re: Ben Israel facility burned - Art Katz's ministry

Goldminer wrote:

We need to stand beside ministers who will not compromise the gospel, they are few and far in between.

What can I say but AMEN to that!!

2007/3/7 9:47Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re:

I would like to pose a practical (carnal?) question at this point, did they have any insurance on the building and contents?

I don't know anything about Art Katz or his ministry, but he is spoken of here alot and it seems many have been blessed by his ministry.

I was always taught to believe that God does not reprove us by sending disasters/illnesses/tragedy into our lives, those come from the enemy because those are the tools he has to discourage us in our walk. God allows it for now because He has loosed the enemy to terrorize the world for a time. The enemy knows his time is short so he is working overtime to get those whose hearts are for the Lord to falter and waver.

I could be wrong, though. It wouldn't be the first nor the last time!

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/7 12:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like to pose a practical (carnal?) question at this point, did they have any insurance on the building and contents?

No, I believe they did not have any insurance. They are pretty seperate from the world out there on their property. This has been allowed in the providence of God and let us help them financially and prayerfully at this time.

2007/3/7 13:26Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

Brother Art is a precious man and may we all simply pray and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. His sermon entitled [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=12162]"One Thing You Lack"[/url] is a classic and describes the Christian life with great clarity.

2007/3/7 13:37Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: Quick story

Would like to relay a quick story about Art. I had invited him last year, as he and Reggie traveled to come to little rock to stay a night and hold a meeting. His illness set in and could not come but ended up planning a stop over about two hours away for the weekend, in fort smith, AR. My wife and I were able to attend all meetings for the weekend. Tremendous time.
Anyway, friday night, the first meeting everyone was scurrying about after the close of the meeting getting things packed up etc...My wife and I sat at a table with Art and Reggie, talking. After some conversation Art found out we had no place to stay that night, so very inconspicuously he slipped out and found a brother who would be willing to host a couple that night and introduced us. This was a humbling experience. I mention this story to simply place emphasis on Art's selflessness. He was already in a weakened state, but put others before himself. He could have come down to fort smith demanding such and such a payment, a five star hotel stay etc...but in the Spirt of our Lord Jesus Christ, he treated my wife and I as more important. I was humbled and reminded of the quote he uses, "what the world needs is for men to wash one anothers' feet..."
Let's seek God on what to do now for them.
Rich

2007/3/7 14:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy