SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Trusting The Lord to Teach Me His Word -poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Trusting The Lord to Teach Me His Word -poonen

[img]http://www.precious-testimonies.com/images/u-z/ZacPoonen05.jpg[/img]

[b]Trusting The Lord to Teach Me His Word[/b]

Someone suggested to me at that time that I should join a Bible-college first of all and get a degree, because that would be a good preparation for my ministry and would also give me many openings for ministry. I had nothing against Bible-schools. But I knew that:

(1) In the Old Testament: No prophet ever came out of a Bible-school, even though there were such schools in Israel.

(2) In the New Testament: Jesus never sent any of His disciples to a Bible-school, even though Gamaliel was running such a school in Jerusalem at that time.

(3) Today: 99% of God’s people are in secular employment and can never go to a Bible-school.

So I felt I should be an example to these 99% of God’s people by demonstrating to them that one could serve the Lord effectively without attending a Bible-school. So I decided never to go to a Bible-school, but to trust the Holy Spirit to teach me His word and His ways, just as He taught the disciples in the first century. A top evangelical Bible-college in Canada then offered me a seat in their college, with full scholarship and airfare fully paid, to study there. This would have been a tempting offer for many Christians, but it was not for me now. So I rejected their offer. Another friend of mine took that seat in my place, and ended up settling down in Canada!! God saved me from that fate and from missing His will thereby! I am thankful that I never went to any Bible-school – for God has given me such amazing revelations from His Word that I could never have received, if my mind had been trained to think the way Bible-schools train their students to think. The men and women whose lives and writings have influenced me the most, have also been those who never went to a Bible-school themselves - Madam Guyon, Charles Finney, D.L.Moody, Jessie Penn-Lewis, Watchman Nee, A.W.Tozer, Sadhu Sundar Singh, Bakht Singh etc.,

from the book:

[b]The Day Of Small Beginnings[/b]
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=tdosb-v1/the_day_of_small_beginnings-volume1

2007/3/4 3:02Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Trusting The Lord to Teach Me His Word -poonen

Amen! What a real delight that there are men willing to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. I had noticed this too about the "Bible schools" of the OT and Jesus' day. I was confirmed by having brother Zac point this out in his own experience. If God clearly leads you into a Bible school, go, but if not then don't waste a few years of your life that you can accomplish in a few months of prayer, fasting, reading, and street witnessing.

2007/3/5 12:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy