Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : spirit, soul & body

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
But, since we don't die physically, after we have been grafted into the death of Christ through faith (Rom 6:5),

What doe you mean that we don't die physically?
I think you mean the likeness of his resurrection.

However, theire are christians who still die physically, but those who are raptured will not.

I don't think there needs to be a distinction between life of the flesh & the "sin spirit", it only confuses the matter.

2007/3/6 15:50Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

This Is what the apostle Paul says, (Ro 1:3-4,) "which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,"--that is, in respect to his human nature,--"and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness,"--that is, in respect to his Divine nature,--" by the resurrection from the dead."

(c.) It matches with what the Jesus Himself says, Joh 10:17-18: "I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." This refers to his Divine nature, for it is impossible to think or believe that a human soul should have the power of restoring its former clay pot, the body, to life. The conclusion, then, to which we have come is, that the passage means, that as a man, a human being, he was put to death; in respect to a higher nature, or by a higher nature, here denominated Spirit, (pneuma,) he was restored to life. As a man, he died; as the incarnate Son of God, the Messiah, he was made alive again by the power of his own Divine Spirit, and exalted to heaven. If the words, "why has thou forsaken me," meant that the Devine Spirit of Christ dies on the Cross, then He would not have the power to restore Himself to life. Jesus Christ as a man, that is total soul and body died for our sins on the Cross in even suffering complete marring of the body and even to His Soul suffering to the Point of exhaustion and unclear thinking, for a second that His Father had turned Him over to these evil and torturous people and forsaken Him, (which is even unclear in its interpretation)He in a moment after the sour wine, knew it was over and He laid down His Life that He might take it up again which took Himself, The Father and the Holy Spirit, the complete Union of the Trinity, which we are in our regeneration, partakers of total of the Godhead, which before The Cross, no man had this Union, or He would not have preached to the Spirits below.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/3/7 0:52Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: Jeff wrote:

Romans 6:4-7 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Are we dead with Christ? It was each one of us that Hang on that Cross with Him. We must see ourselves dead to sin and alive unto God.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Not only this, but by His Faith we are saved and kept saved and all that He is Will Never Leave us, Just like the Father could have never forsaken His own Son.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/3/7 1:05Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
If the words, "why has thou forsaken me," meant that the Devine Spirit of Christ dies on the Cross, then He would not have the power to restore Himself to life.

As I responded to Christinyou:

He was only forsaken untill He cyed, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit"(Luk 23:46)
Because that is when He called God his Father again.
This would have in time for Him to have the power to restore Himself to life again.

He only died Spiritualy while on the cross and taken Spiritual life again before crying, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit"

2007/3/7 9:08Profile

Re: spirit, soul and body

Logic asked

Quote:

These scriptures may help to clarify what I meant.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

1 Corinthians 11
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For [b]if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged[/b].

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Acts 17
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this [matter].

Romans 6
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Quote:

The likeness of His resurrection is what enables us to mortify the deeds of the body, but, the act of judging ourselves worthy of death does not cause us to die forthwith. We continue to live, however unpleasingly to God, in our bodies, until they die of accident, disease or old age. That's what I meant.

2007/3/7 9:25
Logic

Re:

Are you saying that we only die physicaly with our unglorified bodies, then are raised with glorified bodies, & since we are raised, we don't [b]realy[/b] die physicaly but only "sleep"?

If that, I will agree

2007/3/7 10:10Profile

Re: spirit, soul and body

Logic asked

Quote:
we don't realy die physicaly but only "sleep"?

I agree with your statement, but, it was not what I was trying to get at.

Really, we deserve to DIE, as soon as God's judgment falls on us.

But we don't?

Why?

Because Jesus died THAT DEATH FOR US on the cross.

That is why we can come to Christ in repentance, and [i][b]receive His death on our behalf[/i][/b] and instead of going [u]immediately[/u] to heaven, because we have acknowledged the sentence of death upon our lives, we are allowed by God to proceed for a season on earth, to outwork our salvation (bring up our children, work, preach and so on).

The death we have received is [i]not[/i] to our mortal bodies, but to sinfulness.

2007/3/7 16:44

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy