SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Be very careful on YouTube.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jordanamo

Be very careful on YouTube.

I was watching what appeared to be a harmless video and, I don't really know how, but my mind completely veered off Jesus. It's very easy to not only spend too much time on YouTube but to basically fall into the Devil's trap by watching a video that might even appear harmless. I would actually recommend staying off it. I'm debating not going on it again :-(

So please be careful, even when your on the Net in general. It's so easy to take your eyes of Jesus. Includes here on SI too.

Jordan

2007/3/3 0:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Be very careful on YouTube.

Quote:
I was watching what appeared to be a harmless video and, I don't really know how, but my mind completely veered off Jesus. It's very easy to not only spend too much time on YouTube but to basically fall into the Devil's trap by watching a video that might even appear harmless. I would actually recommend staying off it. I'm debating not going on it again

I have told every person that has posted Youtube videos here on sermonindex to stop doing so and I have deleted every thread. PLEASE DO NOT post links to that site, I have stopped totally going there along with google video. It is sad how bad things are now with moral decadence. May we keep "unspotted from the world" and pure in our hearts towards the Lord.

I don't think it takes discernment or special graces for a believer to realize they shouldn't be "idle" and just wandering around YouTube or other sites watching videos. "flee" youthful lusts...

2007/3/3 0:33Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re:

Quote:
"flee" youthful lusts...

Well said. Don't let the enemy even get [b]near[/b] you ... once you open that door just a crack a foothold can be gained and then there's no telling where you can end up. Guard your heart and mind through prayer and reading the Word. Anything that doesn't line up with that, leave it. Philippians 4:5-8 is a wonderful yardstick for knowing what not to let into your mind and heart.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/3 0:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

If you find yourself too weak to resist but desire assistance on the practical level, you could subscribe to a filter that will block the site. BeSafe is one such filter. It annoys me at times, then when I read something like this, I understand it better and appreciate it.

ginnyrose

2007/3/3 6:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have told every person that has posted Youtube videos here on sermonindex to stop doing so and I have deleted every thread.

Not every person, I am just hearing this now. As the Administrator of your site, I understand. And now that I know your wishes, I'll remember that in the future.

However, just like walking thru a shopping mall, your going to get good stores and bad. Youtube does serve it's purpose. I watched a Muslim movie conversion to Christ on YouTube last night and it was beautiful. There are more of these shows, and I plan to watch them. I have Safeeyes filtering on my system and I am very aware of whats out there that can distract and pull us away. The internet can be both a blessing and a curse, it all depends on how we use it. No different than our everyday living. IMO

2007/3/3 8:50

Re:

I am newer to the site and was wondering if this means we shouldnt post videos of outreaches, open air preaching, etc. If not, is there a way to do this without using youtube or google?

Thanks,

Jim

2007/3/5 9:00
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
I watched a Muslim movie conversion to Christ on YouTube last night and it was beautiful. There are more of these shows, and I plan to watch them. I have Safeeyes filtering on my system and I am very aware of whats out there that can distract and pull us away. The internet can be both a blessing and a curse, it all depends on how we use it. No different than our everyday living.

I agree YouTube has some great videos and can also be a great tool to spread the gospel and encourage others. I post videos on YouTube and have had many contact me about the positive impact the videos have had on there life.

I won't post a link :-) but if you go to YouTube and type patricke123 in the search box most of our videos will pop up - definitely take the time to check them out when you get a chance.

2007/3/5 11:18Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
I have told every person that has posted Youtube videos here on sermonindex to stop doing so and I have deleted every thread. PLEASE DO NOT post links to that site, I have stopped totally going there along with google video. It is sad how bad things are now with moral decadence. May we keep "unspotted from the world" and pure in our hearts towards the Lord.

Amen, brother, what a great position. Without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Agreed with other statements that there are decent videos on YouTube, but it is not set up even as a neutral environment. You can't avoid the sewage at times. It's not ever worth it to have the world pollute your relationship with the Lord Jesus.

2007/3/5 11:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Re: Be very careful on YouTube.

Quote:
I am newer to the site and was wondering if this means we shouldnt post videos of outreaches, open air preaching, etc. If not, is there a way to do this without using youtube or google?

If someone really needs to post a video perhaps using "google" would be the better option but linking to youtube or sites like myspace I would rather not happen on these forums.

2007/3/5 13:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy