SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity!

[img]http://photos2.sa-media.com/paulwasher.jpg[/img]

Saints,

Listen or Watch this powerful sermon preached by Paul Washer. The need for this type of God exalting and Man abasing preaching is utmost and critical. God is raising up men with these voices in our day. "I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity!" If you can say amen to that statement then watch or listen to this sermon and share it with others, We need a biblical revival of repentance preaching and conversions to God.

[b]LISTEN:[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=12827

[b]WATCH:[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13749

A comment on this sermon by Larry A. Jones from Beaumont, TX (2/4/2007):

[i]"This sermon was excellent! It's not too often you hear a preacher actually teach what the Bible really says instead of what Southern Baptists have been wanting it to say for the last 50 years or so. He is absolutely correct. The "sinner's prayer" is not biblical. True repentence is "not like a flu shot"--a one-time thing and then it's over. If you are a true Christian, it will be evidenced by your fruit! I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity! We need more preachers like Paul. Great sermon. Good job, Paul Washer."[/i]

A comment on this sermon by Cheryl from Australia (1/29/2007):

[i]"The sad, all-too-common phenomenon of the hour in Western religious circles: Christianity without Christ. I would’ve liked to see Bro. Washer go even further, but if a man is doing that, I don’t know that he will be invited by such a venue to preach in the first place? Frankly, it’s going to take more than this because we grieved away the Holy Ghost long ago. “And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, Pastors and ... political activists? ...” Apart from oddities like Paul Washer, the last mentioned is about all we have left these days. Don’t conditions bespeak eloquent enough testimony to prove it an accurate observation? It seems we will get nowhere in America unless we’re hated a lot more for the Truth. One wonders if it may indeed take modern martyrs for Truth to even begin to turn the tide there? An old fiery preacher of the past who is also featured here, this being Rolfe Barnard, saw that we had grieved away the Holy Ghost from our churches. May God have mercy on us all and help us get back to Him!"[/i]

2007/3/2 19:35Profile

Re: I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity

What an amazing heart for God and the people of God this man has.

I have yet to listen to anything by Paul Washer that did not speak deeply to my heart.

Thank you for sharing it

Dani

2007/3/2 21:12
seanjol

Charleston, SC

Re: I am so sick of the easy-believism that is so prevailant in American Christianity

Is this the same sermon listed under him as "Shocking message that has offended many?"

Either way, incredible message.

Sean

2007/3/2 21:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is this the same sermon listed under him as "Shocking message that has offended many?"

Yes, it is!

2007/3/3 0:01Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Wow. Just wow. Boldness like the disciples and apostles of the Bible. Thanks for the link, that was powerful. Dear God, do what you need to do with me to keep me on that narrow path. I submit my will to You entirely, for You and Your grace can keep me on that path.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy & Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/3 2:12Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Shocking Message

Am downloading the 'shocking message', which on my speed, takes a while. If it's shocking, it must be to the point, and the reason we are all here. Thank's for the download site!

Blessings,

2007/3/3 4:01Profile

Re:

Well, well. Look at how HOLY I am I don't do all these things that you do. I'm SOOOO spiritual and I'm a christian, not you, because I do this and this, and this, and don't do this. You are sooo decieved because you watched a dirty movie, or listen to Britney Spears your not really a christian because your not very holy.

Sounds kinda like the pharisees.

Why don't he just become holiness or methodist and quit calling himself a baptist. ;-)

2007/3/4 10:54
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

we need more of this, i discovered that everything people have a problem obeying or just don't like the call it pharisee or legalism or overly spiritual. Just my experience...and its such a blessing to hear men like Paul Washer, men who preach all of Gods word, i just listened to that Erlo Stegen sermon again for the third time , enemy of the cross.... most professing Christians walk as enemies of the cross... and if the message of the cross is foolishness to you.... that is a bad sign. People so often see it as burden to give up wordily lusts and entertainments... its such a blessing that we can be free from these things and instead of that go and behold his face, Ravenhill said it, A.W pink said he didn't believe even 2% of people inside of the church was born again, that was in the days before TV! how far worse of are we now.... God help us.... we so far far away from where we should be only he can help us

2007/3/4 11:05Profile

Re:

Rom. 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest DOEST THE SAME THINGS.

This verse broke me of this kinda preaching.

He needs to grow, and he will. Hopefully :-)

Mathew was written to the Jews. He took something that was written the Jews and applied it to the church. It does'nt work. False prophets were Jews. Prophets were to the Jews not the Gentiles.

2007/3/4 11:12
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

brother if you go back just a few verses paul says this

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

isn't that to judge? maybe we shouldn't rip scripture out of its context brother.... it can be dangerous, we have to get all the scripture together and compare them

2007/3/4 11:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy