SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Nicknames?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I thought for sure it was in reference to being on fire for God; a burnt but not consumed kinda thing.

Hey TJ, don't feel bad. I thought it had to do with him being a Marine. You've got to be kind of [i]krispy[/i] in the brain to do that stuff, and then all the drugs and parties back in the 80's, and then...well, never mind. You get the idea.

Never would have thought it was a campfire mishap! Ha!

Love you, Steve 8-)

Brother Paul

p.s. You don't even want to [i]know[/i] the trouble I got into in the 80's and during the Army in the 90's! If you're Krispy, I'm just flat out [b]burnt![/b]

2007/3/2 14:32Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I can't believe I didn't think of that!!!

I guess I got to fried in my past.

sorry...I had to say it

TJ

2007/3/2 14:38Profile

Re:

Yea, well boys... let that be a lesson! Assumptions are often wrong! lol

I get a kick out of this, cuz this isnt the first time I've been asked about the name on here... and people always assume it's some super spiritual thing. Nope. I'm just a down to earth mountain boy that happens to love Jesus. Not a whole lot more spiritual than that, nor do I think we need to be.

Krispy

2007/3/2 14:39
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I can't say that I spent a lot of time and deep study on my nickname: My nickname is Jay and I am saved.

2007/3/2 14:46Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Amen Brother!

I like it!

TJ

2007/3/2 14:52Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

The moniker of John173 as Jeannette mentioned references the verse in my signature...and this is eternal life...

When I first came to a saving faith in Jesus Christ it was at a church that failed to communicate, at least to me, that Jesus death on the cross bought a lot more than just going to heaven when I die. The year I spent there was rather friutless and I continued to live a double life during that period.

It took another three years before the Lord brought to a place that taught me that salvation opened up to me an actual, tangible relationship with my heavenly Father and His Son.

This is why John 17:3 holds such a special place in my heart.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/3/2 14:56Profile

Re:

Jay... c'mon, bro... who you tryin' to kid? We all know you sat up all night trying to think that one up!

8-)

Krispy

2007/3/2 15:16
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
I thought for sure it was in reference to being on fire for God; a burnt but not consumed kinda thing.

Hey TJ, don't feel bad. I thought it had to do with him being a Marine. You've got to be kind of [i]krispy[/i] in the brain to do that stuff, and then all the drugs and parties back in the 80's, and then...well, never mind. You get the idea.

Never would have thought it was a campfire mishap! Ha!

Love you, Steve 8-)

Brother Paul

p.s. You don't even want to [i]know[/i] the trouble I got into in the 80's and during the Army in the 90's! If you're Krispy, I'm just flat out [b]burnt![/b]

I thought maybe it was because Krispy liked Krispy Kreme doughnuts. LOL! :-P

Jordan

2007/3/2 15:40Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Mine isn't a nickname, I spent like a week trying to come up with something I could remember, and ran into my own name. Of Course I prefer Benjamin, but that was too long for a login name.

I mostly got on this thread to see Krispy's answer. lol!

2007/3/2 15:47Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Hey Krispy,

I thought it came from liking Crispy Critters cereal. You all think much more spiritually than I do. Good name, what's in a name? It truly reveals something about us. :-) :roll:

2007/3/2 16:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy