SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What do people see when they look at us?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Goldminer

Alabama

What do people see when they look at us?

Quote:

"What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you say."

Joan MacCaughtry

Quote:

" Church members are either pillars or caterpillars. The pillars hold up the church, the caterpillars just crawl in and out."

J. Vernon McGee

Quote:

" The gospel of a broken heart demands the ministry of bleeding hearts.... We can never heal the needs we do not feel. Tearless hearts can never be hearlds of the passion. We must pity if we would redeem. We must bleed if we would be ministers of the saving blood."

J.H. Jowett

2007/3/2 9:41Profile

Re: What do people see when they look at us?

Quote:
Quote:
"What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you say."
Joan MacCaughtry

"Though I [b]speak[/b] with the tongues of men and of angels, and [b]have not charity[/b], I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." 1 Cor. 13:1

Quote:
Quote:
"Church members are either pillars or caterpillars. The pillars hold up the church, the caterpillars just crawl in and out."
J. Vernon McGee

So true...

Thanks for sharing!

2007/3/2 11:01

Re: What do people see when they look at us?

Quote:

Goldminer wrote:
Quote:
" Church members are either pillars or caterpillars. The pillars hold up the church, the caterpillars just crawl in and out."

J. Vernon McGee

HAHAHA I really like that one. But it makes a serious point all the same
Quote:
Quote:
" The gospel of a broken heart demands the ministry of bleeding hearts.... We can never heal the needs we do not feel. Tearless hearts can never be hearlds of the passion. We must pity if we would redeem. We must bleed if we would be ministers of the saving blood."

J.H. Jowett

So true, though we have to be careful that our sympathy and empathy are not merely soulish. As a woman, that has probably tripped me up quite a lot, "needing to be needed", and the instinct to nurture and protect can get in the way of what the Lord is doing sometimes.

Jeannette

2007/3/2 14:05

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy