SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Old Paths Printing Problems

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DavidAsh

Old Paths Printing Problems

I'm having problems getting this edition to print properly on both the PC and Apple platforms. Is anyone else? The Photos print just fine, but I can't even cut and paste from the pdf.

Thanks for your help, as I would definitely like to print some copies.

2007/3/1 7:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Printing Problems

Quote:
I'm having problems getting this edition to print properly on both the PC and Apple platforms. Is anyone else? The Photos print just fine, but I can't even cut and paste from the pdf.

I believe you speaking of the Old Paths edition?

[b]THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14615

Please write out your detailed problems on why it is not printing out or the errors.

2007/3/1 11:55Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
I'm having problems getting this edition to print properly on both the PC and Apple platforms. Is anyone else?

Mine did not print correctly either. This is the first Old Paths that did not. The text is terribly garbled and unreadable. Screen reading works fine.

FIRST, to fix it, when you go to print from Acrobat, hit the Advanced button and check the box at the bottom to print it as an image. This will send the image of the page to the printer instead of trying to get your printer to print the text, which is what is not working. Now you are good to go (as long as your printer has enough memory--you may need to print less than the whole thing at a time).

SECOND, I have no expertise in this area, but it would be great if we could figure it out. There are no errors, it just prints incorrectly.

2007/3/1 12:30Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
SECOND, I have no expertise in this area, but it would be great if we could figure it out. There are no errors, it just prints incorrectly.

I will see if I can update the pdf as that format so it prints as a image. I wonder if that will affect the filesize. Thank you for your help.

2007/3/1 12:34Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
when you go to print from Acrobat, hit the Advanced button and check the box at the bottom to print it as an image. This will send the image of the page to the printer instead of trying to get your printer to print the text, which is what is not working. Now you are good to go (as long as your printer has enough memory--you may need to print less than the whole thing at a time).

I hope many people can see this and understand how to print out the Old Paths, can anyone help me with ways to embeed the fonts in acrobat so I can update a new file with the fonts attached?

2007/3/1 17:53Profile
DavidAsh

When I prepare documents for PDF output I chose the PRESS option, which as I understand will embed all the fonts one uses. It will make the file size larger, but it should work whether or not the receipent has the fonts on their systerm or not.

In Christ Alone,
David Ash

2007/3/1 18:43Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: PDF Font Embedding

My Adobe software is a couple of versions old, so I don't think I can offer real good advice, but the easiest thing to do is to go into the help file or help index and look under either FONT or EMBED for how to do font embedding. It will walk you through the steps. If they haven't simplified it since my version, you don't need to do the distiller and all that, just add the fonts to the embed list or take the option to embed all fonts. I think David said this is called PRESS now.

Also, there are "universal fonts". One list I found is: Arial - Comic Sans MS - Courier - Courier New - Georgia - Helvetica - mono - sans-serif - serif - Times New Roman - Verdana.

2007/3/2 18:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brothers,

Could you please check this PDF file and see if its working now? I have re-uploaded a new file that is only 8mbs in size and I believe the fonts are embeded now?

[b]THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14615

Post a reply to how it looks, sorry that I don't have a good testing enviroment here with other PC computers at this point. That is something I need for things such as this.

2007/3/2 19:05Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Old Paths 13 Printing

Greg! Good work. I only printed the first few pages, but they printed perfectly. And that great size reduction to boot. You see, the Lord was behind it all. That bandwidth reduction will help our brothers and sisters in internet-challenged areas of the world.

Quote:
sorry that I don't have a good testing enviroment here with other PC computers at this point. That is something I need for things such as this.

Nah, that is why you have us. The Lord doesn't want you to need a computer, he wants you to need us. We're here. God bless your continued efforts for Christ.

2007/3/2 20:29Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg! Good work. I only printed the first few pages, but they printed perfectly. And that great size reduction to boot. You see, the Lord was behind it all. That bandwidth reduction will help our brothers and sisters in internet-challenged areas of the world.

Praise God!

2007/3/2 20:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy