SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/oldpaths/march/oldpaths_big.jpg[/img]

**NOTICE: The Old Paths is now in a MAGAZINE format! It has been expanded to 24 pages now in the March issue. It is still offered freely and you can share it with friends.

Click on the image above to download this montly release of the OLD PATHS magazine. This issue features the speakers: George Fox, Andrew Murray, R.A. Torrey, Vance Havner, George Whitefield and many more, etc.

Download and print this newsletter out to share with others at church, schools, etc.

2007/2/28 14:11Profile

Re: THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"

Dear Brother Greg,

I so want to thank you for the Old Paths Magazine. I am so elated and get so excited with each new issue. What a blessing "you" and your Old Paths "staff" are in the creation of The Old Paths Magazine. This new expanded edition is most incredible!

Brother Julian

2007/2/28 15:07
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"

Greg

Thanks for another great resource…it is a blessing. I had a professor ask me what I read, outside of the Bible. I was not sure what they meant and asked them to clarify. They said my writing style and content were not typical…kind of unique. I smiled when I finally understood what they were talking about. I said I would compile a list of some of my favorite authors. I do believe a copy of The Old Paths will accompany that list.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort…it is greatly appreciated.

God bless brother

TJ

2007/2/28 17:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I said I would compile a list of some of my favorite authors. I do believe a copy of The Old Paths will accompany that list.

:-)

2007/2/28 22:46Profile

Re:

I love [i]The Old Paths[/i]! Thank you, brother Greg!

I had a problem printing it out though. My computer does not recognize the font which you have used, Palatino-Roman, so what it comes out as is a bunch of illegible symbols. Perhaps you can post the font also. Otherwise, I will not be able to give out printed copies.

The Gospel is preached, the Word of God is not chained--that's all that matters!

In Christ,
Slavyan

2007/3/1 16:40
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
when you go to print from Acrobat, hit the Advanced button and check the box at the bottom to print it as an image. This will send the image of the page to the printer instead of trying to get your printer to print the text, which is what is not working. Now you are good to go (as long as your printer has enough memory--you may need to print less than the whole thing at a time).

I hope many people can see this and understand how to print out the Old Paths, can anyone help me with ways to embeed the fonts in acrobat so I can update a new file with the fonts attached?

2007/3/1 17:53Profile

Re:

Ah, there is so much here in this issue…I’ve only picked out a few nuggets that stuck out. There is much, much more. I really encourage anyone who hasn’t taken the time to download and print out this issue to do so. It is an [b]excellent issue![/b] I am really being blessed by it!

~~~
[b]Prayer and Revival by J. Edwin Orr. [/b]
“Is not this what is mission so much from all our evangelistic efforts: explicit agreement, visible unity, unusual prayer?”
“There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer”- A.T. Pierson

[b]A Quake That Shook England by Greg Gordon[/b].
This is a really good article on George Fox. “He had a boldness before men because he had a familiarity with God.”

[b]Quotes on page 12[/b].
I always love the quotes found in Old Paths. This issue is no exception!
“We never test the resources of God until we attempt the Impossible.”- F. B. Meyer
“Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.”- William Cowper
All of the E. M. Bound quotes here are really good…”It is only when the whole heart is gripped with the passion of prayer, that the life-giving fire descends, for none but the earnest man gets access to the ear of God.”
“A revival of religion is indispensable to avert the judgments of God from the Church. The fact is Christians are more to blame for not being revived, than sinners are for not being converted.”- Charles Finney.

[b]Quotes on Page 13[/b]
“God has no greater controversy with His people today than this, that with boundless promises to believing prayer, there are so few who actually give themselves unto intercessory prayer.”- A.T. Pierson
“The Church has not yet touched the fringe of the possibilities of intercessory prayer. Her largest victories will be witnessed when individual Christians come to recognize their priesthood unto God and day by day give themselves unto prayer.” John R. Mott
“Joy is not gush. Joy is not mere jolliness. Joy is perfect acquiescence ~ acceptance, rest ~ in God’s will, whatever comes.” Amy Carmichael.
“How terrible is the cost of robbing God of time for prayer. When we rob God of time for quiet, we are robbing Him of ourselves. It is only in the quiet that we can really know Him and know ourselves, and be sure that we give ourselves back to Him. Oh, for God’s sake, do not risk keeping the windows of Heaven closed by robbing God of time.” Gordon M. Guiness

[b]Keep Praying Until God Answers by R. A.Torrey[/b]
“We should do much thinking before we ask anything of God and be clear that we ask according to His will. We should not rush heedlessly into God’s presence and ask for the first thing that comes to mind without giving proper thought to the question of whether it is really what we ought to have. But when we have decided that we should pray for something, we should keep on praying until we get it.”

~~~
That was to whet the appetite of those who haven't downloaded this yet. :-D

2007/3/2 15:05
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I hope many people can see this and understand how to print out the Old Paths, can anyone help me with ways to embeed the fonts in acrobat so I can update a new file with the fonts attached?

Hmm... For some reason I thought PDFs were similar to a picture in that it doesn't matter what fonts the particular computer has it should still look the same.

I would guess the problem is with the printer. From what I understand there are different types of drivers.

There are two main types of drivers, PS (Post Script) ans PCL (Printer Control Language). PS deals with text like pictures ie they will essentially look the same no matter what computer and printer you are using. PCL gathers info from the computer to decide how the text looks, so it may look different from your computer/printer than on another.

If you want to read an article about it you can here.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpo00141&locale=en_US

In short, I would reinstall your printer driver. :-D If there is an option, choose the PS.

PS (not post script :-P ). I'm assuming that the PDF file looks fine on your computer screen, right?

2007/3/2 15:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Hmm... For some reason I thought PDFs were similar to a picture in that it doesn't matter what fonts the particular computer has it should still look the same.

Saints,

I was able to fix the problem with the Old Paths, so if you have already downloaded simply re-download this file and it will work to print it on any printer, and also the file size is 1/4 the size being 8mbs. Thanks to all the help from some brothers who noticed this problem and troubleshooted it for me.

[b]THE OLD PATHS: Issue No. 13 - March "Undefiled Religion"[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14615

2007/3/3 13:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ah, there is so much here in this issue…I’ve only picked out a few nuggets that stuck out. There is much, much more. I really encourage anyone who hasn’t taken the time to download and print out this issue to do so. It is an excellent issue! I am really being blessed by it!

~~~
Prayer and Revival by J. Edwin Orr.
“Is not this what is mission so much from all our evangelistic efforts: explicit agreement, visible unity, unusual prayer?”
“There has never been a spiritual awakening in any country or locality that did not begin in united prayer”- A.T. Pierson

A Quake That Shook England by Greg Gordon.
This is a really good article on George Fox. “He had a boldness before men because he had a familiarity with God.”

Quotes on page 12.
I always love the quotes found in Old Paths. This issue is no exception!
“We never test the resources of God until we attempt the Impossible.”- F. B. Meyer
“Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.”- William Cowper
All of the E. M. Bound quotes here are really good…”It is only when the whole heart is gripped with the passion of prayer, that the life-giving fire descends, for none but the earnest man gets access to the ear of God.”
“A revival of religion is indispensable to avert the judgments of God from the Church. The fact is Christians are more to blame for not being revived, than sinners are for not being converted.”- Charles Finney.

Quotes on Page 13
“God has no greater controversy with His people today than this, that with boundless promises to believing prayer, there are so few who actually give themselves unto intercessory prayer.”- A.T. Pierson
“The Church has not yet touched the fringe of the possibilities of intercessory prayer. Her largest victories will be witnessed when individual Christians come to recognize their priesthood unto God and day by day give themselves unto prayer.” John R. Mott
“Joy is not gush. Joy is not mere jolliness. Joy is perfect acquiescence ~ acceptance, rest ~ in God’s will, whatever comes.” Amy Carmichael.
“How terrible is the cost of robbing God of time for prayer. When we rob God of time for quiet, we are robbing Him of ourselves. It is only in the quiet that we can really know Him and know ourselves, and be sure that we give ourselves back to Him. Oh, for God’s sake, do not risk keeping the windows of Heaven closed by robbing God of time.” Gordon M. Guiness

Keep Praying Until God Answers by R. A.Torrey
“We should do much thinking before we ask anything of God and be clear that we ask according to His will. We should not rush heedlessly into God’s presence and ask for the first thing that comes to mind without giving proper thought to the question of whether it is really what we ought to have. But when we have decided that we should pray for something, we should keep on praying until we get it.”

~~~
That was to whet the appetite of those who haven't downloaded this yet.

Amen Sister. Those are some great nuggets you pulled out there.

2007/3/4 0:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy