Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wild At Heart by John Eldredge

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mirfi

Norman, OK

Wild At Heart by John Eldredge

Wild At Heart by John Eldredge

This is a great book. I recommend it to every man in the chuch. There are many great quotes and it reads really well.

2004/3/12 13:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Wild At Heart by John Eldredge

Thanks Matt and welcome to the site!

There is a vast range of messages here, some of the best sermons you will ever hear (in my humble opinion) let us know if we can be of any help.

I have the book as well, have yet to read it though. Pretty backed up bookwise...

Anything specific that stuck with you?

Mike

2004/3/12 21:10Profile
mirfi

Norman, OK

Re:

Thanks for the welcome. i really enjoy this site. i work at a computer all day and i just listen to the sermons or to music and it is awesome.

anyway this book has a lot of great ideas that deep down you know are true you never could really put them into words. John Eldredge takes the reader into a greater understanding of the "heart" of man which has three basic desires: Adventure, to fight a Battle, and to rescue a Beauty. It shows us how God loves our heart and we need to really understand our hearts as a crutial aspect of Christianity.
thanks again for the welcome
matt

2004/3/22 10:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks Matt,

Quote:
It shows us how God loves our heart and we need to really understand our hearts as a crutial aspect of Christianity.

Indeed we do.

[i]Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
[/i]

Just another aspect :-)

In this regard, we need that "transplant".

2004/3/22 11:40Profile
mirfi

Norman, OK

Re:

I liked your reply here is another verse

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

that is the "transplant". i dont remember who said this i am not wanting to plagarize but someone said "Only God can know the heart, Only through the heart can we know God" that is probably messed up but you get the point.

here is a summary of another quote from the book.
"We are told to crucify the flesh. Notice, we are NEVER told to crucify our heart."
well i hope this helps clarify the book a little better so there you go.
matt

2004/3/23 13:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Great follow up Matt!

2004/3/23 13:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy