SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greater works than these

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Greater works than these

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Is anyone here involved in a ministry where miracles such as Jesus performed, are a regular part of that ministry? Or is anyone aware of a ministry anywhere where this is a legitimate ongoing fruit of that ministry?
Blessings Greg

2007/2/27 0:17Profile
jordanamo

Re: Greater works than these

No.

Jordan

2007/2/27 0:18Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I am not involved in one, nor have I seen one in my 30+ year walk. However I have heard of a number in Africa, including Rolland & Heidi Baker of Iris Minstries. Blind eyes are opening, deaf hear and the dead are being raised. Check them out at

www.irismin.org

These are folks who live in the dirt and adopt orphans. They operate out of love and that is what makes the difference. Jesus was moved with compassion. The very fact that they have no medical services available causes them to rely on Jesus more. They preach the gospel and He confirms the word with signs following.

2007/2/27 0:53Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Miracles are indeed valid as is the greater works of Christ ( John 14:12 )

Mark 16:16 is valid and so are the signs that do follow the disciples

however the Charismatic wine outpoured and drunk from is very much invalid and invalidated and as for "Azuza street wine" questionable if not downright suspicious.

Knowing therefore we are all ( no exceptions ) products to ONE degree or another to that of the "Azuza street wine" - then is it then any wonder no valid miracles exist today ( only that of unverified and unsubstantiated questionable ones ) Disclaimer to above ... is - Jesus never sought to heal people of old age which is part of earthly corruption and earthly tabernacles, nor that of "oft infirmities" articulated by paul to Timothy.

Jesus did not stand befoe a crowd and say come here if you have a sore back, the flu, a tummy ache, dandruff, hang nail etc etc

Like the charismatics who claim this is a "word of knowledge" and ask for such to come forward and to be prayed and for to be healed ( get real )

That's all part and parcel of life - and being mortal... and have a body of corruption - not that we don't seek to be in health and prosper ( of course we do beloved )

Harking back briefly to Azuza street which set the precedent for [speaking in tongues] in the 20th century - and convincing most if not all - that the wine outpoured was good ...and that is was something to be consumed without fear, without doubts, or without questions... insisting and proclaiming to us - that we should all drink from it's spiritually and invigorating fountain. :-(

Hmmmmmm

But where be the miracles oh " azuza street " wine

????

Stuff like that of the lame man from birth and from his mother's womb - who was laid daily at gate beautiful ( aged about 40 ) but who got up walking, leaping, and praising God ??

And undeniable "seen" miracle

Ohh azuza street where be the hankerchiefs taken from the body that drive out diseases and evil spirits ??

Ohh wine of azuza street ~~ where be the raisings of the dead of the calibre of that of our sister Dorcas.

Miracles of an incredible [undeniable nature] and "eye-witnessed" unto full verification and irrefutable authentification ( infallible proofs )

If God be with us - then where be your miracles ohh wine of Azuza street ??

If the Holy ghost comes upon you

it contains a promise of 2 things
1) a promise of power ( acts 1 :8 )
2) and that of fire

He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

where's the power today ??

Power even to live a holy life ( rom 6 & 7 & 8 ) ?

Most christians are in and out of sin - today

And many frequently confess to me (personally) a powerless Christian life - and a life beset by sin

Wasn't the promise - THE PROMISE OF ONE (POWER) ?

AND POWER TO HEAL THE SICK, CAST OUT SPIRITS AND RAISE THE DEAD.

I DON'T SEE IT - BUT THOSE WHO CLAIM IT - ARE THE MANY TIMES WHO ARE CAUGHT UP IN THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT ( A HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE MOVEMENT ) WHOSE LIVES DON'T HONOUR HOLY LIVING ( I DO KNOW SPENT OVER 20 YEARS BEING AROUND THEM )

You say your judging s.o.f

Correct and guilty - i am judging

He that is spiritual judges all things !!!

And his senses are exercised to distinguish both between the true and the false ( and specially that of outward manifestations )

2007/2/27 6:36Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Azusa wine?

I'm not sure where you are going with the post you placed sonofthunder.

You shall know them by their fruit. There are minstries that have godly character and good fruit. You are making it sound like everyone is suspect.

There have been doctor documented healing of quadraplegics and deaf and blind being healed.

Not all these minsters of the gospel are going out saying "come look at me I'm the healer". Some are just going through life preaching the word and God is confirming the word with signs following. They are pointing to Jesus.

As far a Azusa steet is concerned if we weren't there we can't really know what happened totally. The account goes that a group of people got together to seek God's face and His presence. What is wrong with that? If you listen to the account of the Lewis Revival by Duncan Campbell available on this site, you will see an outpouring that turned the entire island around. There are still people alive who were changed by that outpouring and are still changed.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He loves and wants to touch His people. He does heal today. The question about the greater works? My thinking is that few of us are willing to pay the price to walk in that kind of anointing. The crucified life.

We need to be careful about being suspect of everything. Suspicion and discernment are two different things. If we operate from suspicion we miss the wonderful things God is doing in our day. If we seek discernment on an indivdual basis we will know when something is off. We miss a lot if we throw everything out because there has been the false. Seek God and pay attention to character, fruit.

2007/2/27 8:46Profile

Smokey asked

Quote:
Or is anyone aware of a ministry anywhere where this is a legitimate ongoing fruit of that ministry?

I have heard of one in southern India, but don't have current details.

2007/2/27 10:20
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

I have been thinking lately about the promise made by Jesus recorded by Marks gospel 16:17, "And these signs SHALL follow them that believe"

Matthew 24:24 & Mark 13:22 speak of false signs and wonders in the last days. I was just wondering where the TRUE signs and wonders were promised in the verses in my first post?
Blessings Greg

2007/2/28 0:29Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Check out this site. They are seeing these signs and there are others as well.

www.irismin.org

2007/2/28 0:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy