SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I know a little bit about ATF

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

what do you do whit this verse?

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

does it not ring an alarm clock if we listen to the same music as the world does?

2007/2/27 14:29Profile

Re:

I just figured out what the issue is here... Ben, you dont want to listen to anyone. You think you have it all figured out. I have to keep reminding myself you're 20 yrs old. And Ian... I am assuming you're not much older.

I know full well that Paul told Timothy to let no man despise his youth. But Paul was not addressing every young man. Timothy obviously listened and learned from men who had been walking with the Lord.

I dont always agree with PaulWest or Philologos on here... but you dont see me disrespecting them either. I've learned bunches from both men. And been humbled by them at times.

It seems that there are certain people (no names mentioned, but you know who you are) who want to argue about music, and methods... and completely ignore the wisdom that has been offered on these thread. Instead, you counter every statement, argue every point to death...

...and this reveals your heart. And at times, your heart has not been very pretty.

... it also shows why many of us here have deep concerns about the "Christian" youth culture.

Krispy

2007/2/27 14:29
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Socrates (470-399 BC)

2007/2/27 14:34Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Thank you Krispy for your mature approach and response, i get "hot" in this topic, maybe ill post less on it and pray more :-(, God bless you all and let the word and the spirit guide you to true worship music that is pleasing to the Lord(whatever style)

2007/2/27 14:39Profile
vico

Re:

:cry: All of us young people need to hear this (especially myself). No man will despise my youth if I am "an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12).

2007/2/27 14:45Profile
roadsign

Re:

Iansmith wrote:

Quote:
We need to realize that our preferences in music are not biblical, they're personal.

I would suggest that preferences in music are to a large extent cultural. In other words we like what we hear (learned) and then we buy what we like. And everything else falls into the “dislike” bin.

I am concerned whenever religious music (even if acceptable) is given a special god-like quality, and is viewed as having the power to bring people into an ecstatic experience “with God”. That is a pagan practise, as far as I am concerned. And it has been a practise of the charismatic churches for some years now, and more recently the evangelical. We shouldn’t be surprised that the same objective underlies the present day youth culture.

Here’s another concern: As long as people are counting on music to give them the wiz-fizz and bop-bang, they will continually need to increase the stimulant factor. After all, one gets desensitized in time. And we sure have the ideal technology these days to do it. I wonder what our creative fellow human beings will come up next!

My son attended a few Catch the Fire conferences at the Toronto Airport Fellowship with his church group. It wasn’t long before he saw through the pretence of it. I asked him recently if he thought this would all end soon. He said, “Not likely. It's the nature of people – always looking for religious experience.”

Diane

2007/2/27 14:55Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I just figured out what the issue is here... Krispy, you dont want to listen to anyone who is younger than you unless they agree with you. You think you have it all figured out because you have lived a little longer than us. I have to keep reminding myself that that is the problem.

Quote:
I know full well that Paul told Timothy to let no man despise his youth. But Paul was not addressing every young man. Timothy obviously listened and learned from men who had been walking with the Lord.

Like who? The other Apostles? who were not much older than him, Paul addressed it because the older men wouldn't listen to his authority.

You guys ignore what we say, use subjective arguments rather than scripture, and flaunt age around as though it means anything. There is a good chance that I have been walking with the Lord longer than a lot of the older guys on this site. Most of you were not saved until you were in your early to mid twenties, while I have been following the Lord and learning about him almost my entire life.

Quote:
I dont always agree with PaulWest or Philologos on here... but you dont see me disrespecting them either. I've learned bunches from both men. And been humbled by them at times.

Disagreeing with someone does not qualify as disrespecting someone, we are debating these issues on this forum are we not? You guys act as though if there is a conflict of opinion, we should differ to your wisdom because you are older.

Well that is what Paul was dealing with, we are to differ to the scriptures, not to you.

So show your opinion through scripture, or stop calling it wisdom.

[b][color=CC0000]The great hymns that you cling to of Wesley, many were the worldly drinking songs played in bars, and he took those and wrote Christian words to them, and was ostricised for it. Yet you cling to it as though it was Holier than our music, which was written by Christians for Christians.[/color][/b]

[b]A wise man earns respect, he does not demand it.[/b]

2007/2/27 15:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:
You guys ignore what we say, use subjective arguments rather than scripture, and flaunt age around as though it means anything. There is a good chance that I have been walking with the Lord longer than a lot of the older guys on this site. Most of you were not saved until you were in your early to mid twenties, while I have been following the Lord and learning about him almost my entire life.

when where you born again?

2007/2/27 15:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
when where you born again?

14 years ago.

Krispy

2007/2/27 15:31

Re:

Ben... I'm removing myself from this conversation, and any future conversations with you. Your response to me only prooves what I said is true.

How immature.

My grandfather had a saying that applies here quite well:

"Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Hopefully the admins will step in here at some point and temper your attitude. It's not needed on this forum, and is beginning to be very much in violation of this forums rules.

Maybe once you grow up you'll be a benefit to this forum.

Krispy

2007/2/27 15:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy