SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "the grand secret of holy living" - wood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

"the grand secret of holy living" - wood

"What is the grand secret of holy living? It is to [i]obtain[/i] and [i]retain[/i] the [i]perpetual presence, fullness and illumination[/i] of the Holy Ghost. [i]"He shall abide with you forever."[/i]

1. He will subdue your lusts and propensities. "Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh."

2. He will impart liberty. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

3. He reveals the things of Christ. "He shall receive of mine and show it unto you." "He shall testify of Me."

4.He presents the truth of God and the things of God to the mind. "The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God." "Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." "But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit."

5. He imparts light and wisdom. "He will guide you into all truth."

6. He sustains in the hour of affliction. "I will not leave you comfortless." "I will send the Comforter."

7. He imparts the virtues of a holy character. "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance."

8. He gives the witness of adoption and salvation. "The Spirit beareth witness with our Spirit, that we are the children of God."

9. He imparts the divine image - the heavenly signet - to the soul. "Ye are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise."

10. He is the source and author of all love to God. "The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

11. He is the source of strength and success. "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."

12. His presence and work make the soul a temple, sacred to the service of God. "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

-John Allan Wood

From "They Found the Secret" by V. Raymond Edman.

2007/2/24 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy