Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Catholicism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Catholicism

I was in a catholic chat room today (trying to see why they believe what they believe and also to kindly challenge that).I also was studying up on the catholic faith and came across this site http://www.anawim.pair.com/CATHOLICS/MARY.htm

I am trying to learn about the JW's and the Mormons and Catholics just so I can do my homework when I talk to them.I really am trying to make them think about their faith. Where can I learn more about the faith of catholicism and how to answer back with the right answers! I just got the basic training course from Ray Comfort and I am on fire,I feel. I dont just want to open my big mouth and get myself into a battle I cant win,I want to have the facts at hand.If anyone has a source I can turn to, I would like that
GOD Bless
John

2007/2/23 15:13Profile

Re: Catholicism

Information on and about, Catholicism, Mormons, Jehovah Witness and others.

http://www.carm.org/

Brother Julian

2007/2/23 15:26
Provost

For the JWs and the Mormons I have been reading
"The Kingdom of the Cults" by Walter Martin
The one I have is edited/updated by Hank Hanegraaf
I saw another edited/updated by Ravi Zacharias

2007/2/23 15:26Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

From [url=http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/pray0505.htm]Catholic Forum[/url]

Prayer of Consecration to Mary.

My Queen and my Mother, I give myself entirely to you; and to show my devotion to you, I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole being without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am your own, keep me, guard me, as your property and possession. Amen.

If this is Veneration then I want no part of it.

2007/2/23 15:27Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

I'd check out David Bercot's testimony at Scroll Publishing Co. I found out that alot of stuff I thought about JWs was based on false facts. He used to be a JW, so he knows what he's talking about.

Jordan

2007/2/23 16:47Profile
JGB321

Re:

As former Catholics for many yrs, what information do you require?

2007/2/25 13:00Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

I would like to know the best way to get a catholic to question his religion. What are some bible verses to point out that could get them into second guessing some of the things they believe in.
Thanks

2007/2/25 15:52Profile
JGB321

Re:

I’ve written many articles on Catholicism but the best way is to pick just one topic at a time, like Mary, the Eucharist or Peter, and try and show them the vast differences between what their church teaches and what Scripture states.

Does this help?

2007/2/25 16:51Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

I will try that.Thanks!

2007/2/25 16:59Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that
thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions,
rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

I have found that it can be frustrating, trying to debate, and or point out problems with other peoples beliefs, because for the most part they are indoctrinated so well into that faith, that they have better arguments for what they believe than you do. We also need to remember that WE do not convict or convert anyone, that is the work of the Holy Spirit as we proclaim His Word. I have found that if you are able to convey the gospel of Jesus in a clear concise manner, we have done our part, and we must trust the Holy Spirit will finish the work.
I have heard a message by Ray Comfort where he explains how to witness to different faiths, and each one starts, "Have you ever stolen anything"
Blessings Greg

EDIT As I continued to read discussions on the various forums, it became clear that a bigger problem that we face as believers is how to reach those that call themselvs "christians", with the Truth. Every letter sent to the churches in the new testament was to correct some error that had entered into the teaching, and thus was leading people astray. This is rampent today, there are so many even here that call themselves christian that are not producing the fruit to prove it. OOPS now I am in for it..

2007/2/25 18:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy