Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Think and Grow Rich

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
John173

Omaha

Think and Grow Rich

WARNING! There is a real danger to your walk with God in reading this book. It is very easy to get off track in our walk with the Lord. I am posting this for the purpose of information only.

This book, written by Napoleon Hill, is probably one of the most significant pieces of literature affecting our society in the 20th century. It has flown under the radar of the Church in large part because we as Christians recognize that we cannot serve God and mammon. The book is however, required reading for management in most fortune 500 companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Think_and_Grow_Rich

In this book, Hill describes his 7 imaginary spirit guides. He trusts these imaginary friends implicitely. They give him advice and inspiration. The secrets to success that Hill espouses were given to him by these "friends".

It is no great stretch to recognize that these friends are nothing less than demons. Understand then, that the world of big business has been taking advice from demons for years and years. Is it any wonder we see such ungodliness on TV, in advertising (more on this later) and in movies?

The ramifications of this are extensive. In the coming days and weeks I will be posting more about the far reaching affect this has had on our world and on the Church.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/2/23 9:16Profile
blinx

Oeiras, Portugal

Re: Think and Grow Rich

[edit]

2007/2/23 9:57Profile

Re:

Here is a great 15 minute comp for christians who want to think and grow rich.

[url=http://www.thesearchforbiblicaltruth.org/artist___carter_conlon_vs_joyce_meyer.mp3]Carter Conlon + Joyce Meyer[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2007/2/23 11:18
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Carter Conlon + Joyce Meyer

Well Jim, that just about says it all :-(

2007/2/23 11:47Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

While there may be a corelation between Hill's book and the heresy of word of faith teaching, the impact goes much MUCH deeper.

Picture if you will, a board room. At the head of this table sits our chief adversary. Around the table sit his demonic princes. They are having a brainstorming session...

The topic at hand, how can we poison the minds of the human race against God and His Son. Too many people are getting saved and we must do something to stop the flow!

One of the demons pipes up. "I saw some of my own doing a study, they took a single frame of one of their movies and replaced it with a picture of ice cold cola and a box of candy. At intermission the concession sales nearly doubled. It got me to thinking. What if we began to bombard the human race with subconcious images that will cause them to desire sin even more than they do now?

Brilliant...

They succeeded. The reality of todays world is that nearly every single piece of advertising that your eye takes in contains a subliminal message. At first the message consisted of a single word written as many places as possible on printed (magazines etc) advertising. That word was sex. This will be very uncomfortable to face. Many of you won't believe this. Some may even want to lash out at me in anger. This word is even printed across the forhead of Keith and Melody Green as they smile for the camera with thier fingers forming a cross. Please note!! I am NOT accusing the Greens of any sin or evil. Keith Green was a brother whose heart was after God. NO QUESTION! His music has ministered to me for years. Never the less, the printed covers of his albums still had this subliminal text implanted on it. This is just an example. It wouldn't matter which gospel artist's album you look at. This stuff was there in most if not all.

It is important here to get back to the book by Mr Hill. This subliminal advertising did not make its way into our world via mankinds brilliant notions. It got here because money is the root of all (much?) evil. Men who desired wealth read this book and began seeking demonic advice on how to increase thier sales. The subliminal ads that followed are one result.

So, Does this affect the church? You bet it does. Is there anyone out there who has not watched television or read magazines or looked at the cover of a Keith Green album? If the answer is no, then every single one of us has had some level of subliminal brain washing impact how we think.

This is a difficult subject. Maybe you begin to understand why I have been unwilling to this point to say anything. But I am compelled to begin to say what is in my understanding.

As I close this, I am reminded of my sign off "In His Love". There is nothing here that shows the tenderness and care I feel for you all. Please know that I am sincere when I say...

In His Love,

Doug

2007/2/23 13:27Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

The following is a copy of a post from the "Pastoral Feedback" thread. After posting it I realized that it makes a good next chapter in this thread.

One of the main points that I want to find a way to communicate has to do with the believers worldview. The reason I began talking about the devil's use of subliminal messaging has to do with one of his main objectives. He understands that much of our effectiveness as Christians is derived from our level of intimacy with the Father. When Jesus died the scripture tells us that the veil in the temple was rent from top to bottom. Through Jesus sacrifice we now have access to the very Holy of Holies! Yet so many of todays Christians do not consistently enter into that holy place. Why? It is my assertion that one causal factor in this is the effectiveness of this subliminal brain washing of man. One of his purposes is to create a deep inner dis-ease. An inner voice that tells us that we do not measure up. We can only measure up if we are successful, or beautiful, or own nice things such as a new car or the latest fashions etc. he has had great success in his endeavors. We as a society are deeply dis-eased. Even those of us who were redeemed early in life have been exposed to this subteranean mental destruction. We read the word of God that says we have been made acceptable through Christ, yet our inner man doesn't really believe it.

Enough said for now. Thoughts and reactions anyone?

In His Love,

Doug

2007/2/24 17:45Profile

Doug

yes...."nothing less than demons".

to be avoided and as the angel Michael said, "The Lord rebuke you!". (Jude)

2007/2/24 18:04
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren
i am currently reading this book and am finding it pretty interesting. so far whatever i feel led to grasp i do so and discard whatever is of no use. i don't think it's a bad thing to be rich at all, however, our stewardship of what is God's is key here.

why do we want to be rich? for ourselves or to be used of God to tend to others?

how do we attain wealth? by unscrupulous means or honestly?

the problem with most saints and wealth and the disdain (sometimes) shown to wealthy people is because us as saints KNOW we would be out there acting crazy if we had a bunch of money. i was once that way but God has been cleansing that out of me for some time now in preparation for stewardship. i bless Him for it. i personally don't base my success on what i have, i don't have much. i have an old BMW which cost me a WHOLE lot less than what most people drive if that counts. i'm a car buff, i like reading up on what's new and all the technology and aesthetics which goes into the new cars etc. i have some cars i'd like to own but would not be devastated or diminished in any way shape or form if i never owned them.

indeed society has been infected with this need to prove something by what one has, hence people go into all kinds of debt to make a statement. this incidentally drives the economy by the way so much of what we think is prosperity is a front...but that's neither here nor there. the enemy is a master at pandering to our lusts, if you want to get some more info, google "the century of self" on google video.

speaking for myself, i'm not one who places my worth in anything on earth, my treasure is in heaven. i do know that God will give me great increase in wealth but He has shown me why, i'm a steward of His resources. that does come with perks of course such as provision for whatever i need and God will humour whatever i desire as long as it lines up with what He desires for me which is pretty cool.

Napoleon Hill was Christian was he not?

2007/2/25 1:30Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Napoleon Hill was Christian was he not?

My dear brother!!

Did you read the opening post on this thread?

Napoleon Hill was a demon possessed fool!

Just what do you think his 7 imaginary friends are? Angels?

Brother, I agree that some people are given a gift of generosity and wealth from the Lord, but if you try to use ANY, and I mean ANY of the methods Hill espouses you are risking your very salvation! WAKE UP!

Speaking the truth in love, not condemation,

Doug

2007/2/25 1:43Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: two things

Hi everyone. This may not seem related but I wanted to offer it as a gentle word of exhortation for us to consider.

It has to do with two things that I think I've begun to learn and retain:

[i]God tests us on the things He teaches us[/i]

[i]God tests us on the things we teach others[/i]

All grace and sufficiency be with your spirits in Jesus.

2007/2/25 7:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy