SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer Journal

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Prayer Journal

Does anyone on here use a prayer journal? If so, how do you organize it? How do you keep it from becoming a five page list?

Please share any tips you all might have.

Thanks, Jordan

2007/2/22 15:39Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Prayer Journal

I organize it by topics. As much as I hate the ACTS model it works for my morning prayer, addoration, confession, thanksgiving and suplication.

I'll use one of my pages (i got a notebook) and start out writing things that I recognize as sin, then answered prayers, then things that i need to bring before the cross, both personal and intercessory.

In the area of suplication i'll write down personal prayers (daily needs, spiritual needs and maturity, future school, future spouse etc.)
Then I'll break down intercession into multiple categories: salvation needs, health needs, ministry needs, mission work, leaders and peers, etc.

Once I've written out everything (it does help to write out everything) then I'll pray through the list... usually I'll find even more to pray for as I'm praying, and add it in (i leave some space).

Some mornings or evenings I give myself time to write a whole new pages, some times i'll just read through what i've already written, both are equally blessed. Some times i'll go back and read an old entry and it will turn into a great time of thanksgiving prayer because I can see how God has worked powerfully around me.

I hope this gives you some ideas... I hope I can spend some more time in prayer, not just talking about it =)

2007/2/22 16:00Profile

Re:

iansmith,

wow...After reading about your prayer journal, it made me start one today! I need prayer about my prayer journal! :-(

Any other tips or advice would be good...

God Bless those that write with their heart,
BrianMira

2007/2/22 21:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy