Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sodom had no Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Sodom had no Bible

Has anyone read this book(Sodom had no Bible) by Leonard Ravenhill. and how is it.

2007/2/21 17:04Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: Sodom had no Bible

This is one of my favorites. It's OUTSTANDING, and for a book written quite a few years ago, it is on mark.

2007/2/21 21:29Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

Re: Sodom had no Bible

Great book! Like most of the holiness and revival writers they seem to be ever contemporaries.

--Steve

2007/2/21 21:57Profile

Re:

I am only part of the way through it, but I really enjoy it so far. I would recommend it.

I also just received another Ravenhill book in the mail called "America is Too Young to Die." I am looking forward to reading it as well.

2007/2/22 0:54
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This is one of my favorite Ravenhill books.

[b]Sodom Had No Bible (Paperback) [/b]
http://www.amazon.com/Sodom-Had-Bible-Leonard-Ravenhill/dp/0871234963

There is a sermon on SermonIndex.net with the same title:

[b]Sodom Had No Bible[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3982&commentView=itemComments

2007/2/22 2:15Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I would recommend reading Why Revival Tarries, Revival God's Way and Revival Praying before Sodom Had No bible (in that order). I really think that Sodom Had No Bible is a good book, but not his best, and it really works well as a supliment to his other books which are more universally applicable. in SHNB he goes into long rants on communism, which is good if you have a historical perspective, but not as relevent today (and probably why it hasn't been reprinted recently)... whereas the three books listed above are more generally applicable.

I did really enjoy the second half of SHNB where he did profiles of preachers... but he does this in almost all of his books and preaching, but in SHNB it was especially well done, I read it through in one sitting (the preacher profiles) and went back and re-read them!

2007/2/22 3:33Profile

Re: Sodom Had No Bible

Would anyone know how many "pages" are in this book. For the amount specified on amazon for just a paperback? Not to detour me from purchasing this awesome book, am just curious?

Brother Julian

2007/3/1 13:47
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sodom has no bible, the "bethany" edition I have has 202 pages.

It is one of the larger books that Ravenhill wrote and very much worth its price.

2007/3/1 13:49Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I've seen it sell for as little as $10 on ebay, just keep your eyes open for it... I believe there is an online book seller called 'rare christian books' who might also be able to get you a copy more inexpensively.

2007/3/1 14:00Profile

Re:

Yesterday I bought a copy at a used bookstore for $5.50! My dad already has a copy so I was very happy to get my own at such a low price. :-)

I also got 'Revival God's Way' for a little over $2. Has any one read this one?

2007/3/1 14:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy