SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Praying?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Revival Praying?

Just a questions. I know this site is about revival. I was wondering how many on here meet with believers every week specifically to pray for revival?

2007/2/19 12:49
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: Revival Praying?

I don't really know anyone who will met with me to pray for revival, so I pray for it by myself.

As soon as God puts me in a place with other believers who can pray with me, I'm all over it.

2007/2/19 12:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Just a questions. I know this site is about revival. I was wondering how many on here meet with believers every week specifically to pray for revival?

Brother,

This is a tremendous question and of utmost importance. By the grace of God wherever I find myself located I try to start a prayer meeting for revival, right now I have one going on monday nights and about 4-5 saints come to pray. I would encourage everyone here on sermonindex to do the same. I am thinking about providing some resources to help saints organize and know how to run prayer meetings.

2007/2/19 13:14Profile
theopenlife

By God's grace...

Once a week I meet with others to pray specifically for revival in our local cities. There is only one consistent person besides myself (and that's the one who is more familiar with Bounds, Ravenhill, Brainerd, and other torches).

I'm seeking God to make revival prayer the most important corporate aspect of the Christians' week in my area... seeking God to glorify Himself in power to bring obedience and reverence to our church.

2007/2/19 13:40Profile
Provost

Re: By God's grace...

Charles Finney has a book of Lectures on "Revivals of Religion" it's an awesome book...also post something on here about the time you will be praying..we can all hit up at that time of the day and will be agreeing at the same time at different times ;-)
God Bless

2007/2/19 14:06Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i meet whit my "church" every saturday for one hour of prayer for revival in our area, and other subjects of prayer to but main is revival, then every monday at peoples homes, more "private" meeting whit same burden for revival

2007/2/19 15:44Profile
crossbearer

ONEONTA, ALABAMA

IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT OTHERS HAVE A BURDEN FOR REVIVAL. I DO TOO AND I AM REALLY ENCOURAGED BY THE GREAT MINISTERS OF OLD WHO TARRIED FOR REVIVAL. THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SHAKE UP WHOLE COMMUNITIES WHEN WE ARE ON OUR KNEES IN PRAYER. I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING OTHERS INTERESTED IN JOINING ME. I SPEND MUCH TIME ALONE PRAYING FOR IT MYSELF. I SHARE IN THIS BURDEN WITH YOU DEAR BROTHERS. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP CRYNG OUT TO GOD! OUR PRAYERS ARE NOT IN VAIN.

2007/2/19 16:50Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I came to Tucson about 1 1/2 ago. and was ask to start a prayer team. I really didn't want to, I wanted to do a mission team. But I listen to God's calling. At frist there was a meeting with song and prayer on wed, and on Sunday at 8am. it was about 3-4 people. I then went to all the bible groups and gave them info on prayer and ask the each bible staudy leader to have there group come and pray at 8am for one hours. It work for the frist 5months. Then I got a new
leader, and they didn't want us to ask the small groups to come anymore. Then It was back to me in the prayer room and one other guy. I was still leading the team alone, I was sending out pray info to people weekly and praying over all the names for the people in the groups daily. I was taking care of my dying father. It was so hard, there many times I want to give up. Lord know is coming! But God put a deep fire in my heart for prayer. I told God I couldn't do it anymore alone. But month later a guy Called, and said I would like to lead the prayer team with you. God put on my heart to pray for 7 guys and 7 girls for the prayer team. Everyday I prayed for these men. I now have 6 guys. and 1 girl. It has been hardest thing God has ever called me to do. But in each person who is on my team, is growing in big ways as God is moiving there hearts to pray for God to work. Pray is hard work. Getting people to pray might make you weep. People have even told me I am not allow to say Pray is the most important thing. BUt I will keep crying out. God make us a Church of prayer. Me and my Friend and meeting a couple times a week, praying asking God to move. at frist we were crying out God bring people to pray, but now we are crying make people weep over their sins, then they will want to pray. we have a prayer tent on Uof A mall. and it will be there for 40 days. We are praying peopel will come and pray.

2007/2/19 17:22Profile
staff

Re: Revival

Just something to think about;
You cant revive something that was never alive in the first place!What I mean is revival is for the house of god(not future christians) and successful Evangelism is the result of revival.If you get your group right and your structure right before God ,he is then compelled to pour out his spirit,
rgd Staff

2007/2/19 17:58Profile
preacherafla

Michigan, USA

There are about 4 or 5 of us who meet together weekly to pray for revival. I also have 9 people from my church who have met the challenge to pray at least once a week specifically for revival and I have monthly a church wide day of fasting and prayer for revival (not just for the nation but for the American church as well). There are some who fast more often and some who pray more often but as a minimum I was happy to get that number of people to join me in fasting and prayer for revival (the congregation is only about 15 right now).

This is an important question that hopefully will encourage others to meet regularly with others-- so thanks for asking this question.

2007/2/19 20:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy