Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

Comfort Ye

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling..
-------------------------------
Who have I in heaven beside Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.

comfort one another with that which we have been comforted with...

"Comfort ye, comfort ye My people," saith your God, "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem and cry unto her that her warefare is accomplished."

"O you afflicted one, tossed and tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems, and lay your foundations with sapphires. I will make your pinnacles of rubies, your gates of crystal and all your walls of precious stones.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you."

"Blessed is the Lord God of Israel,
for He has visited and redeemed His people........
as he spoke by the mouth of the holy prophets, who have been since the world began,
that we should be saved from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us
to perform the mercy promised......
to grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
might serve Him without fear,
in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life."

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ' I will never leave you nor forsake you. 'So we may boldly say: 'The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

"Therefore, since we are recieving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, but which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire."

Joy of the desolate, light of the straying, Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure; here speaks the Comforter, tendrly saying 'Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot cure'

Here see the bread of life; see waters flowing forth from the throne of God pure from above; come to the feast of love, come, ever knowing, earth has no sorrow but heaven can remove.- Thomas Moore

Just a word of blessing, I hope you don't mind.
There are many sorrows in this life, but God is able to work ALL things to the honor of His glory and for our good (even though it well may not feel good..remember Heb 12:11) Isn't it wonderful that the God of all Comfort, the Father of Mercies, who has given us the blessed Holy Spirit- the Comforter and the place to come boldy before His throne of grace to help in our time of need because..
the Son, the Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief bore in His body OUR sins "that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness- by whose stripes you were healed."

May God who caused water to gush forth from a rock in the desert, who brought a man dead 4 days to life, who caused dry bones to be a living army, who brought order and light into the chaos and darkness from the very first Word be honored, trusted and praised!

Now and in the days that are coming.

2007/2/18 16:05Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: Comfort Ye

Thank you for this!

2007/2/18 17:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy