SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I want to be made perfect

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

I want to be made perfect

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. [i]There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.[/i] 1John 4:16-18

Brothers and sisters, I want to be made perfect.

I ask myself, are these things [b]actual[/b] and [b]present[/b] realities in my life?

[i]we have known and believed the love that God hath to us[/i]

[i]he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God[/i]

[i]we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world[/i]

[i]There is no fear in love[/i]

[i]perfect love casteth out fear[/i]

[i][b]He that feareth is not made perfect in love[/b][/i]

Otherwise, why are we here? What else are we doing here?

[i]Brothers and sisters, may I say that man's ideas... stink. They are like a rotten ointment from a dubious apothocary. They just don't work when it comes to what ails our souls. You know? We need words from Heaven. Yesterday's Manna will not do.[/i]

2007/2/18 10:01Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: I want to be made perfect

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect; but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also apprehended of Christ Jesus." Phil 3:12

"but whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." James 1:25

May we all be those who are being perfected!!
without spot or wrinkle, ready to be in His presence having confidence and not being ashamed. I pray that NOW would be the time of tears and repentance, not later when I can do nothing to change it.

A sister in Christ

2007/2/18 16:18Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

There is a book by Andrew Murray called

How to be Perfect
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Be-Perfect-Andrew-Murray/dp/0883681137/sr=8-13/qid=1171907044/ref=sr_1_13/202-5665307-8029417?ie=UTF8&s=books]How to be Perfect[/url]
It is an interesting book

I am a mess and I need Jesus

2007/2/19 12:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy