SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Representatives of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Representatives of Christ

Matthew 28:19, 20
The last view of our Lord which is given us in this Gospel is Christ on earth, surrounded by His disciples; and the last accents of His blessed voice which are recorded contain the assurance of His presence with us unto the end of this dispensation. The truth which is thus impressed on us is that our Lord, although ascended and seated at the right hand of the Father, is still on earth, that in His disciples He continues His work and mission, that His Church is identified with Him, that through His believers, as the members of His body, He exerts His power and manifests His grace among nations of the world. The Church is the representative and the continuation of Christ.… In coming down from heaven He never left the Father, and in going up to heaven He never left the Church.
As Christ was sent by the Father, so is the Church sent by Christ.… As Christ was, so are we in the world.… How clear and wonderful is the position of the Church on earth! She is sent, she is entrusted with a high mission, she has only one aim and object—to represent, imitate, obey Christ; nay, more than this, one with Christ by the Holy Ghost, Christ dwelling in her by faith, it is Christ whose testimony is to be heard through her, whose energy and love saves, gathers, comforts, and builds up the souls of men unto eternal life. (A. Saphir, GSRC)
Great Sermons on the Resurection of Christ'

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

He said it, we 'should' believe it.
Dear Lord forgive me for my 'self'

pastorfrin

2007/2/17 10:13Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re: Representatives of Christ

AMEN AND AMEN!!!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works IN US, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Eph 3:20,21

"Then one of the seven angels wsho had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me saying, 'Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife.' And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God....." Rev. 21:9-11

"Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of teh Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints." Rev 19:7,8

"What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will dwell in them and walk among them, I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.' 'I will be a Father to you and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty.' Therefore, having these promises, beloved let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." 2Cor 6:16-7:1

Oh, Lord, help us to be what we need to be in this time!!!!!

"If my people which are called by My name,
shall humble themselves and pray,
and seek My face,
and turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin,
and I will heal their land." 2 Chron. 7:14

by Edwin Orr

"Search me, o God, and know my heart today; try me, o Savior, know my thoughts I pray; See if there be some wicked way in me: cleanse me from every sin and set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin: fulfill Thy Word, and make me pure within; fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame; grant my desire to magnify Thy name.

Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine: fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine; take all my will, my passion, self and pride; I now surrender: Lord, in me abide.

O Holy Ghost, revivial comes from Thee: Send a revival start the work in me: Thy word declares Thou wilt supply our need: for blessing now, O Lord, WE humbly plead."

2007/2/17 14:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy