SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What in the world is going on?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

What in the world is going on?

What in the world is going on? it seems like "every time" I turn on a Christian radio or TV station some minister or someone related to their ministry is asking for money. I just turned a Christian radio ministry and the guy was telling folks the reason you are not Blessed because your not giving and yes following it up by all the hand picked scriptures to back him up, man by the time he was finished I felt like calling him up and asking him if maybe he feels he wasn't really called to the ministry.

Then all the condemnation they try and put us under, it's not only bad it's getting ridiculous and it's sad I almost feel like laughing at some of them, I am serious "lately" it seems like it's become a world wide disease afflicting only ministries. It's got to be for only a very few reasons these ministries are like this 1. their not managing Gods money correctly, 2. Greed. 3. many folks leaving their Church, and probably you could name a few more.

I am getting to the point that if this keeps up I am about ready just to Grab my Bible and shut out all ministers period and Home Church myself and my family I am literally sick of it, it's almost abusive to the mind, why don't they all just learn to minister to the hurting folks? after all a Church is a hospital for the hurting and if their doing their job properly, they won't have to worry about the money.

I personally believe God will provide whatever needs any ministry needs if they were really called and they are feeding the sheep and not trying to feed themselves so much, man as you can tell I am upset about this, but I guess my final straw was I get in my truck to go to work looking to be lifted up in scripture and now arrive at work feeling under condemnation man give me a break! :-(

2007/2/16 15:05Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: What in the world is going on?

well we should be givers...but be sure what you give to is gods will...he will hold you accountable the day of judgment whit what you did whit your money that he lends to you wile you walked here on earth...

and another thing..if people have to beg for money.... i don't think its Gods work they are doing...at least they didn't ask him...

George muller didn't ask anyone for one single dime... i know Paul washer runs his heart cry missionary organization in a similar way..ask God for money...if you don't get it , its probably not Gods will...

thats my thoughts

2007/2/16 15:21Profile

Re:

I make it a point not to give to any TV or radio ministers... no matter how much I agree with their teachings... which isnt very often. Most TV preachers are heretics in the worst order.

This is just my own preference. I'm not telling anyone here not to give to them.

I just believe that my giving is better used in ministries that are actually out there where the rubber meets the road. Prison ministries, Christian relief organizations, missionary friends of mine, etc...

These hustlers you see on TV who masquerade as "preachers", and beg for money all the time are a sham. They twist the Bible beyond recognition in an effort to seperate you from your (actually God's) money. "Seed Faith", garbage like that. It's all designed to make you poor and them rich.

Krispy

2007/2/16 15:29
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

These hustlers you see on TV who masquerade as "preachers", and beg for money all the time are a sham. They twist the Bible beyond recognition in an effort to separate you from your (actually God's) money. "Seed Faith", garbage like that. It's all designed to make you poor and them rich.

Krispy

And as bad as I hate to have to agree with something like that Krispy, I agree with you totally, these ministers are giving the "good" Churches a bad rap, because I know there are still some really good God fearing small neighborhood Churches, I have one just right around the corner from my home a buddy of mine attends and he says he has never heard his pastor ask for money, or even preach on tithing the short time he has attended there so they are out there.

Some of the responsibility has to lie on TBN, they push these Pastors and back them like they are Jesus Christ themselves and get them to push there smaller ministries into larger ones by giving them airtime like a commercial on TBN then when they do get big they give back to TBN I see it plain as day. There is a guy on TBN "won't name names" that when I first saw him I bet he had a Church of 200 folks and now he has been on TBN for probably 4 to 5 years he now has a Church of many thousands go figure.

2007/2/16 16:00Profile

Brother BillPro,

I totally concur with your post. You along with Krispy, sum up exactly my view and feelings on this matter.

Wanted to add that one day flipping through channels landed on TBN and was so stunned and shocked at what i heard Paul Crouch say. Paul Crouch leaned over looking directly into the camera and said:

I know there are some of you out their that have been praying for maybe 20 years now for your healing and have not been healed yet, and i believe it's because you haven't given to this ministry.

Brother Julian

2007/2/16 16:11
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

To MrBillPro

Did you know, that only about 2% of Christians tithe or give on a regular basis?

Did you know that if every church in america would adopt one family below the poverty line, there would be one church for every family in america?

But these people don't have churches, why? Because Christians are not giving at all.

2007/2/16 16:16Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:
To MrBillPro

Did you know, that only about 2% of Christians tithe or give on a regular basis?

Did you know that if every church in america would adopt one family below the poverty line, there would be one church for every family in america?

But these people don't have churches, why? Because Christians are not giving at all.

Yea, and if you read all the previous posts on this thread I wonder why. :-(

2007/2/16 16:25Profile

you asked in your thread headline:

Quote:
What in the world is going on?

the world.

thats whats going on.

But I know that you know that this is the case.

But hidden, out of glare of self-agrrandizement, there are saints labouring in the Namne of Jesus, and I know that you know that too.

God bless you dear father, neil

2007/2/16 16:28
Compton

Re:

Edit: After thinking about this issue...it seems simple enough to agree that you give to where you se the need and according to any leading or convictions you may feel. In the end if you think your resources are better used helping financially struggling people or funding missions work then it is being spent on a new costly building then it seems the choice is clear.

MC

2007/2/16 16:43Profile

Quote:
I am getting to the point that if this keeps up I am about ready just to Grab my Bible and shut out all ministers period and Home Church myself and my family

Sounds like a good plan!!
In regards to tithing, DON'T!! If you can't give cheerfully, than don't. If you give being stingey, God will be stingey to you. If you give cheerfully, God will open the windows of heaven.

Ministries that are called of God, struggle much. Especially if they are standing for the truth of God's word. But everyone thinks they are standing on Gods word, so what I mean when I say 'truth' I mean standing for issues that are not popular. For example, the Cross, Dying to self, Holiness etc..

So don't be quick to judge a ministry based upon that minister begging for support. He may have the ability to preach the word, save souls, do the work of the ministry, but his faith in paying the bills is low. Because he knows his message is not popular and also he knows that certain people don't like him.

Then there are those prosperity ministers like Robert Tilton, who beg for money, but show very little or no fruit of their ministry saving souls or what have you. So you have to be careful who you hear and what your hearing.

2007/2/16 16:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy