Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Modern Day Paul

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Modern Day Paul

Does anyone think that there could be a modern day Paul,in these times, and be believable?
If someone who hates chritians as much as ..say...Osama bin laden or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ...became a christian, would that have such an effect on us as it did in the days of Paul? If this topic has been brought up already, please refer me to it.
Thanks and GOD Bless
John

2007/2/16 10:07Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: Modern Day Paul

Not only do I believe it is possible, but I believe that we are going to see very shortly here men and women of God who walk under the authority of the book of acts.

When this takes place, we will see all manner of men being apprehended by God.

Imagine if Saddam Hussein had been saved, God loved him. And yet there were probably very few people who ever prayed for that man's salvation.

Do you know that I believe that there must have been someone praying for Paul, even when nobody else was. Perhaps it was Anna, the woman mentioned in Luke who spent her time in prayer before the Lord.

I believe that in the coming days, we will see men crying out for repentance like the world has never seen, even in the book of acts.

2007/2/16 10:39Profile
Mattie

Re:

Paul said in 1 Timothy that his life was an example to all of the patience of God. In many Muslim countries and communist countries there have been countless testimonies of men who once tortured and kill Christians eventually become born-again believers.

Who are we to say it couldn't happen? Is the Gospel not the power of God to salvation anymore? Is His hand too short to save? I pray we see hundreds of Apostle Pauls raised up in these last days

2007/2/16 11:00Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

You need to read Bro. Art Katz' testimony, he fits the bill pretty well. The book is called " Odessy of a Modern Jew".

Here is the link where you can read it:

http://www.benisrael.org/ben_israel_book/ben_israel_contents.htm

God bless you and His peace unto your house.

2007/2/16 11:13Profile

Re:

Quote:

BenWilliams wrote:

Imagine if Saddam Hussein had been saved, God loved him. And yet there were probably very few people who ever prayed for that man's salvation.

Do you know that I believe that there must have been someone praying for Paul, even when nobody else was. Perhaps it was Anna, the woman mentioned in Luke who spent her time in prayer before the Lord.

I believe that in the coming days, we will see men crying out for repentance like the world has never seen, even in the book of acts.

Amen. Let us pray for this. May we begin to pray for certain people who we know very few people do actually pray for. Like the Saddams, the Osamas, the Hitlers. If God can save me, if God can save Paul, then God can save these men also.

2007/2/16 11:32

jamccor,

I truly understand what you are saying and asking. I also understand the replies by other people. Although, I cannot help but think and feel: what about us? Were we not 'haters' in the eyes of God, before we received Jesus?

Anyway... I will be 'the modern day Paul' and I will do it for the Lord. My aim is to be like Jesus, if I fall short and become like Paul, then I am still better off than being like me.

I will do God's will.

God Bless those that do not sit on the bench willingly,
BrianMira

2007/2/16 17:28

jamccor,

I truly understand what you are saying and asking. I also understand the replies by other people. Although, I cannot help but think and feel: what about us? Were we not 'haters' in the eyes of God, before we received Jesus?

Anyway... I will be 'the modern day Paul' and I will do it for the Lord. My aim is to be like Jesus, if I fall short and become like Paul, then I am still better off than being like me.

I will do God's will.

God Bless those that do not sit on the bench willingly,
BrianMira

2007/2/16 17:29

Re:

sorry, it posted twice...the first time said error... :-(

2007/2/16 17:30
jordanamo

Re:

What's more important to ask is, where is Jesus in us? Paul had Jesus in him.

Jordan

2007/2/16 18:14Profile

Re:

Jordan, I agree.

2007/2/16 18:56

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy