SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Israel

I've written and erased , rewritten and erased, and I just have to say this in the Leading of the Lord, just pray for Israel.

Thats all I want to ask or say.

Pray for the safety of Israel.

2007/2/16 2:59
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Israel

i will pray brother

2007/2/16 3:47Profile
jordanamo

I will join you but..

Why don't we ever pray for Palestine? I know, God chose Israel, but I mean.. we rarely pray our "enemies."

Anyhow, don't want to change the topic or whatever :-)

Jordan

2007/2/16 4:22Profile
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

Why? I honestly need more explanation

2007/2/16 6:54Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

The first and foremost reason we pray for Israel is because God told us to.

[color=6600CC]Psa 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.[/color]

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Rom 11:11 ¶ I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them [be] the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit [be] holy, the lump [is] also [holy]: and if the root [be] holy, so [are] the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

Israel is still important to God and there are constant plots under way to wipe them off the map. We do need to pray for them because they still have a role to play in end time events. Read Bro. Art Katz' teachings on Israel. However he will also tell you that we do need to pray for Palistine as well.

I can see by the first post that prayer was asked because of a burden for Israel. Now the the chief Imam from Iraq is in Iran I think the burden is because plots are under foot.

I too will pray. I have always felt it important to pray for Israel.

2007/2/16 8:42Profile

Praying.

2007/2/16 9:48
HomeFree89

Indiana

Quote:

bartle wrote:
I've written and erased , rewritten and erased, and I just have to say this in the Leading of the Lord, just pray for Israel.

Thats all I want to ask or say.

Pray for the safety of Israel.

Will pray.

2007/2/16 13:39Profile

Security and defense: Catch a falling nuke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yaakov Katz, THE JERUSALEM POST Feb. 15, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the year of the missile in the Middle East. Everyone is launching and testing missiles, and flexing their muscles in defiance of the rest of the region and the world.

Two weeks ago, it was the Iranians who put on a massive military display during the largest missile maneuver since the United Nations imposed sanctions on the Islamic Republic in December. Overseen by Revolutionary Guards commander Gen. Yahya Rahim Safavi - who used the event to threaten to destroy Israel - the Iranians tested their Zalzal-1 and Fajr-5 missiles, which are also back in the hands of Hizbullah and capable of wreaking destruction as far south as Tel Aviv.

A week later, it was Syria's turn: Damascus tested the advanced Scud-D. The missile, which was detected by Israeli radar systems, reportedly flew for several hundred kilometers and landed near its target.

This week, it was Israel's turn, with the successful 15th test of the Arrow 2 missile defense system. Launched Sunday night from the IAF's Palmahim base, the Arrow intercepted a missile impersonating an Iranian Shihab-3 carrying a nuclear warhead.

While defense officials went out of their way to stress that the missile test was conducted as part of the routine development of the system, the message Israel sent to Iran and Syria was clear: You can successfully fire your missiles; we can successfully intercept them.

It is only February, and already three of the major players in the region have tested their missiles. This is just the beginning, however. Israel plans additional Arrow launches throughout the year as it continues to upgrade the defense system to stay ahead of Iran's developments to its Shihab missile series. Israel is also considering deploying additional Arrow batteries - including in the North and the South.

There is also now increased talk of exporting the Arrow to other countries, particularly South Korea, a strong ally of the US under an existential missile threat from North Korea.

THE ARROW is the pride and joy of its manufacturers at Israel Aerospace Industries. It is the only operational missile defense system in the world. Even the Americans are behind Israel and have only recently begun deployment of the Aegis ballistic missile defense destroyer. The US has also announced plans to station a missile interceptor in Poland and its accompanying radar system in the Czech Republic.

"There is a missile race in the Middle East," explained a top defense official. "It is our job to stay on top and to make sure that we develop our defenses more quickly than our enemies develop their missiles."

Developed as an answer to Saddam Hussein's Scuds - like the ones that hit during the Gulf War - the Arrow is today far more advanced than initially planned and it has the world's attention. But the fact that Israel has the defensive capabilities does not mean it is not preparing for an offensive step against Iran - one that could include a strike against its nuclear sites.

WHILE PRESIDENT George W. Bush reiterated this week that an American attack on Iran would be a "last resort," senior officials in Tel Aviv spoke with interest of the American leader's latest decision to appoint Adm. William Fallon commander of the US armed forces' Central Command based in Qatar.

While Fallon, former head of the Pacific Command, will be the supreme commander of America's war in Iraq, he will also be in charge of a military operation against Iran, if one is launched. The Israeli officials pointed to the seemingly coincidental timing of a naval officer's appointment to CENTCOM - traditionally a position for an army or Marine Corps officer - and the recent decision to send a second battle group, led by the aircraft carrier USS John Stennis, to the Persian Gulf to support the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.

"If Bush is planning something, he is certainly getting ready for it," was one official's description.

Dr. Eran Lerman, director of the Israel/Middle East office of the American Jewish Committee and a former senior IDF intelligence analyst, had a similar read on the US military buildup in the region. During a conference at Tel Aviv University last week, Lerman said that the additional ships and the appointment of Fallon indicated that America was considering imposing a sea blockade on Iran, a move he said could prove to be more effective than the UN sanctions currently imposed on Teheran.

With all the missile tests and Iranian maneuvers going on, Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi, who took up his new post as chief of General Staff on Wednesday, will not even merit a single moment of grace. He will have to oversee the increased training in the IDF, create his new General Staff and prepare for possible conflicts with Hizbullah, Syria, the Palestinians and a possible strike on Iran.

Former IAF commander David Ivry once said that the most difficult step during the preparations for Operation Opera - the successful IAF air strike on the Osirak reactor near Baghdad in 1981 - was convincing the political echelon that the IDF was capable of successfully carrying out the mission.

Ashkenazi will have to do the same. But before he attempts to persuade the politicians, he will first need - together with IAF commander Maj.-Gen. Eliezer Shkedy - to convince himself that the IDF that lost in Lebanon is capable of winning in Iran.

2007/2/16 17:28
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re:

“Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.”

You really give me the burden here! The saved gentile is the church so are we in a position to provoke them into jealousy! Leave alone them, we even can’t provoke 1 single person on our side these days-so what a great responsibility do we have as Christians?!

And “bartle”

You really really get into me on this last post- I know the threat of this Iranian president who claims to be a prophet. But things are really going so fast so I must get down on my knees faster than the enemy! I prayed a little bit before about this matter especially he claming to wipe out all Israel! But now the burden really comes to me! May God help me to wage a spiritual war! As for that region, I recently recognize that everyone there both the Jews and the Arabs get their answer in Christ and I strongly believe that region as a whole needs the powerful gospel message of Christ!Just as it was in the first century ! All of them need Christ-Christ has to be preached there powerfully and that will bring everything to an end! May God raise his field laborers in that region as we labor in our places in prayer!

By the way, do you know that there are Ethiopian Jews whom Israel claims that they belong to her and took away in thousands and thousands by an operation called “Operation Mosses” just before our eyes! Israel traces them back as Israelites coming to accompany the Queen of Sheba and remained in the land of Ethiopia. They are one tribe and as far as we know they are pure Ethiopians they speak our language, they eat our food they are one of us. But Israel claims they belong to her and the government gave them away. They moved out of the country with a large operation -Israeli planes with lots of flights took them away with tears on the eyes of everyone! So when you speak about Israel I don't forget that part of Ethiopia is there too.

Your sis. Mek.

2007/2/17 0:30Profile

sis medki

falasha, which means exiles or strangers, or falasha mura, which are Messianic Jews, followers of Jesus.

Some say Falasha descendants of the Tribe of Dan who left during the Solomonic civil war between Rehoboam and Jeroboam, some say King Solomon gave Queen Sheba a "royal gift".

I was going to ask you if you were Falasha, but I thought better of it.

Any Jew has right of return to Israel at any time, Ethiopian Jews serve bravely in the IDF, they have a hard time in Israel. Its a shame, white people and black people always seem to have a hard time together, and thats sad. But the good thing about Jesus is that you are my sister, you are my blood, bought thru the Blood.

I am falasha mura, but white, I'm a Jew who follows Jesus.

God will protect Israel, no fear. Just faith.

and God bless Ethiopia, may he bless the Church in Ethiopia to raise up many missionaries there, because after America attacked Iraq, its the missionaries raised WITHIN the Horn of Africa that will bring the Gospel to that blessed region, Ethiopia, Eriterea, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt, Mali, Niger, Chad.

your brother , neil

2007/2/17 3:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy