SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : July 20th - Judges 3; Acts 7; Jeremiah 16; Mark 2

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 July 20th - Judges 3; Acts 7; Jeremiah 16; Mark 2

[b]But Stephen full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right Hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." - Acts 7:55-56[/b]

[b]He then added, "I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man." - John 1:51[/b]

After reading Matthew chapter 25 with the parable of the 'ten virgins' it has really been impressed on me the fact that there is going to be a day when God is going to close the door. 'and the door was shut' matthew 25:10b. Its the door of opportunity for salvation, the two verses I quoted above show that the heavens are open but one day they will be closed. What a sobering thought!

2003/7/20 14:48Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: July 20th - Judges 3; Acts 7; Jeremiah 16; Mark 2

Nice insight into "you shall see heaven open." Sobering but true that the window of opportunity for salvation will close. Remember to have eternity always in mind so as to not miss opportunities to share Christ. Additionally we must be at the "Table of The Lord". (Wilkerson message) Smith Wigglesworth kept a Bible with him at all times and read it at least every fifteen minutes to be in tune with the Spirit of our Lord. Selah!

Something I thought about when reading, Acts 7:19, "It was he who took shrewd advantage of our race and mistreated our fathers so that they would expose their infants and they would not survive." Hmm, I couldn't help but think of new converts in the Body and how they are often exposed to the onslaught of the enemy and don't survive. "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. "Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest."Matthew 9:38

2003/7/20 19:58Profile
Maria

USA

Re:

Was thinking of the spiritual application of the passage below:

Jeremiah 16:1 The word of the LORD also came to me saying,
2 "You shall not take a wife for yourself nor have sons or daughters in this place."
3 For thus says the LORD concerning the sons and daughters born in this place, and concerning their mothers who bear them, and their fathers who beget them in this land:
4 "THEY WILL DIE OF DEADLY DISEASES, they will not be lamented or buried; they will be as dung on the surface of the ground and come to an end by sword and famine, and their carcasses will become food for the birds of the sky and for the beasts of the earth."
5 For thus says the LORD, "Do not enter a house of mourning, or go to lament or to console them; for I have withdrawn My peace from this people," declares the LORD, "My lovingkindness and compassion.
6 "Both great men and small will die in this land; they will not be buried, they will not be lamented, nor will anyone gash himself or shave his head for them.
7 "Men will not break bread in mourning for them, to comfort anyone for the dead, nor give them a cup of consolation to drink for anyone’s father or mother.
8 "Moreover YOU SHALL NOT GO INTO A HOUSE OF FEASTING TO SIT WITH THEM TO EAT AND TO DRINK"

--Maria

2003/7/20 21:17Profile
Jason

Re: July 20th - Judges 3; Acts 7; Jeremiah 16; Mark 2

You'll notice that in seeing heaven open, the angels are "ascending and decending on the Son of Man." Consider that we are the Body of Christ and that the Head is in heaven -- the angels are going back and forth between the head and the body -- both ascending and descending at the same time, ministering to Christ. I think of it almost as the nervous system -- that is, messages are being passed (via "angels" or "messengers") from the head to the rest of the body. This is an incredible promise (witnessed by Stephen) to those who are joined to Christ.

2003/7/21 1:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy