SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How did Satan sin?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rod79

How did Satan sin?

If Satan was at one point sinless, how was it possible for him to sin?

If he was made perfect, and there was no sin in him, where could evil thoughts come from? where in Heaven, could any form of temptation, or a picking up of a bad attitude or any wrong influence to his thinking be found?

Eve sinned after she was tempted and lied to and decieved. She had no knowledge of evil, no imtimacey with it. Is it unreasonable to pressume that Satan, a creation of God, holy, also had no knowledge of evil? or did he? i dont know, just trying to get my head around this. Glad to hear everyones thoughts..

2007/2/13 16:42Profile

Re: How did Satan sin?

Others will probably do it better justice than me, but from what I know, God created the heavenly beings with a free will. Satan for some absurd reason got jealous of God and thought he could overthrow Him. Satan chose to do that.

2007/2/13 17:22
rod79

Re:

could it really be that simple? maybe im just trying to go deeper than i should.

i still can understand how a sinless heart could be jealous, i thought, he would utterly abhor any such thought that would enter his thinking? if he had the nature of God, wouldnt he despise and hate sin? how could an intelligent being reason that somehow he could have independance or victory over God? and why would he want to if God meet his every need, and fullfilled him, surely there is more to this.

2007/2/13 18:50Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Why did Eve take a bite of the apple?

TJ

2007/2/13 18:56Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

I definitely wouldn't take too much time pondering this one, but its a good question.

I will say that before Satan was jealous, he was proud. read isaiah 14. it might quench some of your thirst about what happened.

Theologically however, only God knows!!! :)

2007/2/13 18:58Profile
jordanamo

Yes it's very interesting to consider. I really don't know though. The Bible is not descriptive in describing the Angels. We really are left 'clueless' to much of their "history" and whatnot...

I mean, the important details are there, of course...

But how did Satan sin?... Not like us, but also like us... they had a free will like us. God didn't make robots, hehe. The temptation came from within... but that has boggled me too, because Angels don't have the flesh, that keeps us down, only the "spirit"..

Did Satan have a knowledge of Evil?.. Dunno.

Jordan

2007/2/13 19:15Profile
rod79

Re:

thanks guys, more food for thought.

why did eve bite the apple?

the blank canvas of her mind had been messed up with satans brush strokes of temptation and lies. Her pure mind now had impure thoughts, in a way, thoughts of evil entered her mind before she took of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, maybe it was how she responded to satans voice.

did she have conscience before the fall? did she need one?

she knew not to eat coz God had told her, but the bible does say she was decieved, so , hmmmmmm, HHHMMMMMMM ponder ponder

Also, id heard that satan led a third of the angels in rebellion, is that true, i cant seem to find any reference to that, only bits in 1/2nd Peter and JUde about the angels who left there first abode, now why on earth would they want to do that??!! :-P

2007/2/13 19:23Profile
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Satan was the most beautiful, sang the loudest, shone the brightest of all the angels. Angels were created beings, created by the Supreme Creator. Angels at some point began, God the Father knows no beginning or end. Lucifer the chief angel sought the place of the Almighy, believing that his place in the heirarchy of angels entitled him to worship, which belongs to God alone. The Son of God came as a servant, to seek and to save that which is lost, the opposite of self-centered, selfish, self-entitled spirit of Lucifer.
The place of sin began in Lucifer's pride and that is the same sin that he brought to the garden. Eve saw the tree and desired the knowledge that she might become as God. If you examine the scripture carefully, Eve was not yet created when God gave Adam the commandment.

Satan has not changed his tactics, why should he, they work so well...
1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I hope this was helpful

Rich

2007/2/13 20:59Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Sombody must enlighten me. Who says we have free will? I only see the will of man in two places.
Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

All else I see is the Will of God. It is not my free will that I chose to be saved. It says iniquity was found in satan, where did this iniquity come from? By his own free will? He has no free will. We have no free will. OOOps I let the cat out of the bag now.

In Christ by the Will of God. Phillip

2007/2/13 21:10Profile
strawrifle

uk

Hi, I've also considered questions like this: e.g.. why did He create the devil if He knew he would betray Him etc..

I heard a very good sermon recently about evil before the creation..The pastor put forward the argument that because God is Good this creates the situation where evil must be at least possible i.e there can be no small if there's not a large etc..

Following on from that,he answered why did God not destroy Satan then and there..His answer was God had to let Satan's plans come to full fruition,as an example of what would result in going our own way,that if he hadn't it would result in the Angelic realm pondering "i wonder & what if"

andy

2007/2/13 21:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy