SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Are all the audio sermons free source?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Are all the audio sermons free source?

I just had a question about all the audio sermons on the website. Are they all allowed to be posted and downloaded? I guess what I'm asking is any of the sermons falling under the classification of piracy? I was alway kinda wondering about it because before I was saved I was really into that. I was one of those people who had "stolen" lots of music online because I didn't want to pay for it. When I found this website I was overjoyed to see all the wonderful material that was availible and have been downloading lots of sermons to give to friends and family but that question just kinda loomed over me. Espesially with the some of the complations because in the background there is music I know is copywritten. I had asked my Christian friend about it and he said that if it is changed ten percent it is no longer copywritten. Well that is ok for the compliations but i just listened to a intro to a message by David Wilkerson titled "In the evening there shall be light" and it plainly states that it is not to be posted on ANY WEBSITE! AAAHHH please if anyone can help clear this up because I want to make sure that what I'm doing is o.k. and not by just simple self-justifacation. You know that the ends justify the means cause we all know that it doesn't work that way. :-) Anyone?

2007/2/12 22:21
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Are all the audio sermons free source?

they are free!! its amazing isent it:-)

2007/2/13 3:03Profile
jordanamo

Re: Are all the audio sermons free source?

Basically you can copy the sermons on here and share them. I don't know of one "Preacher" on here that would object to that. Don't worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about the compilations, seriously.. that's for the person who put it together to worry about, if they didn't get copyright permission or whatever.

So just don't worry I'd say... the "sermon industry" is a lot different than the "recording industry" ;-)

Jordan

2007/2/13 3:26Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I just had a question about all the audio sermons on the website. Are they all allowed to be posted and downloaded? I guess what I'm asking is any of the sermons falling under the classification of piracy?

As far as my knoweldge all sermons can be freely distributed.

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about the compilations, seriously.. that's for the person who put it together to worry about, if they didn't get copyright permission or whatever.

I would say use these on your own basis of what you feel is right, I am not sure about what music is copyrighted if any. All the "godly music" section of sermonindex.net is music that can be freely copied.

2007/2/13 3:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Well that is ok for the compliations but i just listened to a intro to a message by David Wilkerson titled "In the evening there shall be light" and it plainly states that it is not to be posted on ANY WEBSITE! AAAHHH please if anyone can help clear this up because I want to make sure that what I'm doing is o.k.

For the David Wilkerson and Carter Conlon sermons I have special permission to get them up on sermonindex.net they "cannot" be posted to any other website but may be freely copied for friends. I hope that clears this up for you.

2007/2/13 3:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy