SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : more info needed!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rod79

more info needed!!!

thanks for the link. I read it but it just covered pretty much what i knew already.

has anyone heard of L.Ray Smith and his teaching about Lucifer being a mistanslation?

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

that will take you right to it."Prepare yourself for a revelation: Satan was never perfect and then decided by his phantom free will to become a devil, neither has a single human (save Jesus) started out perfect and then decided by his free will to become a sinner! Now I am well aware of the fact that people are deceived about these things, as was I. But the Scriptural truth of these matters will set us free from centuries of unscriptural traditions. The problem with this "Lucifer fell" theory is twofold: poor translation and poor interpretation. Let’s go through it."

That is a quote from L. Ray Smith, if you go to the link you will be able to read the whole thing.

So he dismisses much of what ive been led to believe, in fact almost all of it regarding Satan and i find it quite worrying that maybe i am decieved. Any thoughts folks? :-o

2007/2/12 16:04Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: more info needed!!!

Lucifer = brilliant star,

a title given to the king of Babylon (Isa. 14:12) to denote his glory.

only used in one verse of the Bible

Eddie

2007/2/12 16:41Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: more info needed!!!

{quote}

neither has a single human (save Jesus) started out perfect and then decided by his free will to become a sinner!

Adam and Eve started sinless.

2007/2/12 17:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy